Memory Card Can't Be Read when Launching a Rom Through Swiss

All your console related questions and answers :)
SaltyMentos

Memory Card Can't Be Read when Launching a Rom Through Swiss

Post by SaltyMentos » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:38 am

Hello everyone. While searching on the web, I can't seem to find anybody else with this issue, so maybe somebody already has a solution. When I am trying to run a rom off of my SD Gecko through Swiss, I am using it in Slot B, so I can have a memory card in Slot A. However, when launching game (Mario Sunshine or Double Dash for example), the game says that the memory card can't be used. In the case of Double Dash, when unplugging the SD Gecko, the game detects the memory card, but will freeze after due to the SD Gecko being removed. Can somebody please help? I am very new to the GameCube Homebrew scene and would really like to enjoy my games.
Diego borella

Re: Memory Card Can't Be Read when Launching a Rom Through Swiss

Post by Diego borella » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:56 pm

is your card official?
can you have an original game in the drive to test the card? I mean, does he save with some original game?
wouldn't your card be full?
are you using the latest version of swiss !? :idea: :?:
:idea: :geek: SWISS USER :geek: :idea:
DEBUG IS NECESSARY :arrow: :ugeek:
vickdu31

Re: Memory Card Can't Be Read when Launching a Rom Through Swiss

Post by vickdu31 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:49 pm

I have had issues with one of my card (fake) that reported higher number of blocks than it actually had..
I made a backup on sd card of all my save using GCMM and then format the card entirely. The size was different and I was able to restore from SD (one by one each game).

Otherwise you can use that tool to make a whole raw backup of all your memeory card and using dolphin on pc you can edit those raw files and move saves from one to another and eventually restaure the whole raw file into your real memory card with GCMM