WASP Recovery after flashing Swiss nightly?

All your console related questions and answers :)
ShredderN64

WASP Recovery after flashing Swiss nightly?

Post by ShredderN64 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:20 pm

Hey everybody,

Recently tried using GBI on one of my WASP cubes with Swiss and for whatever reason, it gave me an error saying "invalid dol". Haven't had this problem on my other WASP cube or my GCLoader cube, so I decided to update the Swiss from I believe 806 (can't exactly remember) to 856. After flashing the menu through the WKF SD slot with the swiss_r856.fzn file, next time I turned on the GameCube I was met with "disc cannot be read" on the GameCube menu. This is the same way I've flashed the menu every time before, so I'm not entirely sure what went wrong. Without the SD card inserted, I get the expected "error has occurred, please turn the power off" message on start up, and with the SD card in, the red, then blue LEDs on the WASP blink once quickly. Tried both SD cards from my other cubes and had the same results. Double-checked the soldering (using citrus3000psi's QSB) to make sure I didn't knock loose any potential cold joints, and the dip switches are set to have 1 off and 2, 3, 4 on.

I'd imagine this is where the swiss_r856_Recovery.iso comes into play, but I can't seem to find any clear instructions on usage. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 8-)
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: WASP Recovery after flashing Swiss nightly?

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:27 am

You need to write the recovery iso directly onto a SD card, similar to how you would directly write a raspberry pi SD card image etc (use something like balena etcher or win32diskimager).
ShredderN64

Re: WASP Recovery after flashing Swiss nightly?

Post by ShredderN64 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:03 am

Ah, I figured there was some easy step I was missing.

Thank you so much, and another huge thank you to you and Extrems for all you guys do for us.