XenoGC and swiss disc

All your console related questions and answers :)
GunnerLD413

XenoGC and swiss disc

Post by GunnerLD413 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:39 pm

I have a recently modded gamecube and a swiss boot disc. I have installed the XenoGC mod chip to the correct solder points and am able to see the red and orange leds when powering the consol on. When I use my swiss disc it tells me it couldn't read the disc. I have done countless pot adjustments from 600ohms all the way down to 50 ohms. Somewhere under 450 ohm it gives me the "game couldn't be read" error message but nothing works. Any suggestions
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: XenoGC and swiss disc

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:16 pm

Do original discs work?
Do out of region original discs work?
Does a original game not boot if you hold Start on controller 1 for about a half a minute from boot (enough to get it past the bios), if so, this is the xeno trying to either show you the credits screen or the multigame menu, again meaning it works.

If the answer to the above is yes then your chip works just fine and your GameCube simply can't read backups due to laser wear + cheap 8cm disc quality.
GunnerLD413

Post by GunnerLD413 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:00 pm

I am currently too broke to have purchased an original gc game. I will to for testing purposes and get back
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:20 pm

In most countries, second hand games could be get for as cheap as a swiss burned DVD and a xeno chip, even among exploitable titles, such as 007 agent under fire, or the splinter cell.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)