Possible to boot Swiss via AR and a normal memory card? (Samson's?)

All your console related questions and answers :)
Sketcz

Possible to boot Swiss via AR and a normal memory card? (Samson's?)

Post by Sketcz » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:24 am

I am currently booting Swiss via different methods, which I will describe, but I would like advice on whether it's possible to boot it via the method in this topic's title.

I think I might need Samson's AR Loader, but I cannot find it anywhere!

I have:
* GameCube - unmodified, PAL model
* Action Replay that boots homebrew media
* AR SD card dongle to put SD cards in (it's cheap and crappy)
* 2gig SD card (it's dying)
* WiiSD adapter (goes in the memory card sliot, runs 32 gig card)
* 32gig SD card
* Large GC memory card
* A few PAL games, mostly NTSC though
* Paper Mario (NTSC)
* Latest Swiss and GCMM

I currently am able to boot Swiss like this:

METHOD 1:
Boot AR with its dongle in slot 1 and a 2 gig SD card. Select Swiss from media menu. After Swiss boots up, remove AR dongle and plug in normal memory card for game saving. WiiSD adapter and 32 gig card perma in slot 2. The 2gig card is dying, and really struggles to be recognised. Maybe only 50% of the time it works. This method needs to be abadoned.

METHOD 2:
Use Freeloader to boot my NTSC copy of Paper Mario. Select 4th save slot, to use save exploit that boots the Swiss DOL saved to a regular memory card (I used GCMM to install the Swiss DOL). My current favourite method, except the Freeloader disc swap is time consuming, and the Paper Mario intro boot up takes ages. But Swiss loads from a standard memory card, which I can save on, and the WiiSD adapter in Slot 2 loads games perfectly.

METHOD 3:
Buy a PAL copy of Mario Sunshine. Use the save exploit in that. However, I read that it then forces all games to run in 50Hz?? That's not good.

MY QUESTION:
Is there a save file or some other kind of file which I can put on my normal memory card (via GCMM), so that when I load my AR it will autoboot Swiss DOL on the memory card? Basically the same way Paper Mario does it, except instead of putting the Paper Mario disc in, I just put AR in and it will detect the files on my normal memory card and autoboot into Swiss.

I looked online, and I think maybe Samson AR is what I need?
http://www.gc-linux.org/wiki/Samson%27s_AR_loader

But I cannot find the files to download anywhere.

Can someone upload Samson's AR loader for me please?

Alternatively I need a save exploit for one of my few PAL games (Starfox Adventures, Starfox Assault, Pikmin 2, Doshin).