Boot from SDGecko

All your console related questions and answers :)
andykara2003

Boot from SDGecko

Post by andykara2003 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:16 am

Hi, I’ve been using an action replay disk to launch Swiss from an SDGecko card in slot 2 of my GameCube. I don’t have a hardware mod & want to keep the console stock.

I tried running an ISO from the SD card in the SDGecko with Swiss on it, but it just bounces me back to the media selection screen: is that because it needs to run games from a different location from where Swiss itself is located?

Lastly, will the games boot from an SDGecko with SD card in the other memory card slot? So I have Swiss in slot 2 at the moment, so I launch games from slot 1 (using another SDGecko+SD card)?
Papy.G

Re: Boot from SDGecko

Post by Papy.G » Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:31 am

That should work either way, I personally boot Swiss off a 2GB SD card in slot B along with utilities and emulators, and 128GB card in SP2 with ISOs.
Try to keep slot A free for game saves as much as possible for the sake of compatibility.

Look for booting via a game save exploit, as dimming laser cells may become more and more picky with AR discs along time.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)