BlueRetro and GBI

All your console related questions and answers :)
Svdberg1

BlueRetro and GBI

Post by Svdberg1 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:45 pm

Good day,

Since yesterday my GameCube is modified with a PicoBoot to run Swiss v0.6. I have also purchased a BlueRetro external adapter to connect my Xbox controller and updated the adapter with the latest firmware. When I try to play a Pokemon game on the GBI (Normal, High Fidelity and Speedrunning) my controller, connected through the BlueRetro, stops reacting after a few minutes. The controller keeps connected and the game keeps running but there is no input to the game anymore. When I reset the GBI through the reset button on the GameCube the controller works again for a short time.

I've also downloaded the original Gameboy Player Software and it runs fine with the BlueRetro. Is there any way to fix this issue or did anyone experienced this before?

Kind regards,
Stefan
Attachments
GameCube.jpeg
(260.7 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Firered.jpeg
(252.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet
BlueRetro.jpeg
(65.44 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Papy.G

Re: BlueRetro and GBI

Post by Papy.G » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:23 pm

Maybe adjust controller polling?
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
ulaoulao

Re: BlueRetro and GBI

Post by ulaoulao » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:01 am

I too have this issue, latency options that I can find only make it worse. I'm also using the Bliss-Box Bridge IMO much better but ATM does not support BT options. I can however use it with various wireless controllers. According to the info about how the GC operates, it can attempt to poll the controller often and fast at times. that will lock up something like the Bridge or blue retro. This was noted in the development of the Bridge. There was a check for this very thing and an update release to allow it to keep working. It was first seen in the 007 menu exploit using swiss. In the game the controller flips out a bit but does continue to work. I wonder if the blueretro has a similar issue.