About the GBA link cable

DS/DSL/DSi discussions here
47iscool

About the GBA link cable

Post by 47iscool » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:00 am

Was just wondering if anybody had ever written an app to send homebrew to the GBA using the link cable. I have tried replacing files inside of games like Wind Waker's "client_u.bin" and client_ud.bin which are GBA apps with small GBA ROMs such as the GameShark ROM which is 256 KB but to no avail. The client_u.bin will not load on a GBA emulator but it does tell the information on as well. To be sure I have looked at it and an actual GBA ROM and the header value(2E0000EA24FFAE51) are the same.
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.

-Voltaire
AC_Orange

Re: About the GBA link cable

Post by AC_Orange » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:56 pm

I remember sending smaller rom files to my GBA using that cable just don't know what program I used.

The two I've tried was Super Mario Bros. and Puyo Puyo Endless Version. If I find it will let you know
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:35 am

AC_Orange wrote:I remember sending smaller rom files to my GBA using that cable just don't know what program I used.

The two I've tried was Super Mario Bros. and Puyo Puyo Endless Version. If I find it will let you know
That would be great, thanks.
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.

-Voltaire
AC_Orange

Post by AC_Orange » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:20 pm

What I managed to find was two gcms, one with super mario bros in it, and other one with puyo pop. So my guess is, I used some sort of a program to inject those roms and just load the gcm with psoload.

If I find out the name of the program I used will let you know