Strange issues using swiss 0.3

Support forum for the IDE to EXI adapter
DragonBoy

Strange issues using swiss 0.3

Post by DragonBoy » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:37 pm

Hello again! :-) Right... I'm using a PAL GC with a viper chip. I boot Swiss 0.1 with a disc. If I try to load the IDE-EXI I can see all the files and even execute them (though nothing ever works. They appear to load fine but I get black screen). If from Swiss 0.1 boot 0.3 from sd gecko I am not able to see any files anymore from the IDE. I know that it detects the drive because if I go to the info it tells me that there is a 9GB drive in slot B. any suggestions? :-( also this is off topic but is there a way to write Swiss 0.3 into the vipers memory (without burning another disc. Straight from the USB gecko to the viper chip).
Last edited by DragonBoy on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Strange issues using swiss 0.3

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:03 am

9GB might not be ATA LBA 48bit compliant, there are issues if the HDD is not. Try something newer or over 128GB.
DragonBoy

Re: Strange issues using swiss 0.3

Post by DragonBoy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:03 am

Thanks for the answer emi_kidid! :) I tried a bigger hard drive (250GB) and I had some success but also similar problems! The success I had was that I could run super mario sunshine (but not luigi's mansion) using swiss 0.1 but in swiss 0.3 I had the same problems! I couldn't see anything! Also I had to use the "compatible" option because the "Fast" wouldn't work!