IDE-EXI = FIRE! Part 2

Support forum for the IDE to EXI adapter
andre104623

IDE-EXI = FIRE! Part 2

Post by andre104623 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:15 pm

Last edited by andre104623 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
badsector

Re: IDE-EXI = FIRE! Part 2

Post by badsector » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:43 pm

This is horrible! I am very sorry for all your loss. Please get well very soon! I hope to see/read you here sometime again.
iamdablasta

Post by iamdablasta » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:19 pm

Holy shit dude, Really sorry about that.
And your neighbors are thieves at best, a really scumbag thing done (wrong).

Good luck in your mission to rebuild, I'm sure with time you can forget.

I never understand the US and having their fusebox on the outside however, why is this? This makes it easier for burglars, thieves, and murderers. Having it on the inside would be logical in the event of a fuse going and not having to get dressed to turn on/change fuse.
the game
tueidj

Post by tueidj » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:39 am

iamdablasta wrote:I never understand the US and having their fusebox on the outside however, why is this? This makes it easier for burglars, thieves, and murderers. Having it on the inside would be logical in the event of a fuse going and not having to get dressed to turn on/change fuse.
Then if something goes wrong the emergency services can't safely shut off the power e.g. if there's a fire, the firefighters won't want to start spraying water around if the power's still on. It also prevents the utility company from being able to read the meters for billing purposes.
Benni

Post by Benni » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:23 am

OH WOW!

Get well soon!

Oh, this is a good explanition... but like you can see there are pro and cons for the power supply IN and outside...

in Germany when we built our house i remember power cames from the roof, and there where fuses directly under the roof, and then again more fuses - for every room - in the cellar...
And we read the meters by our own and sending them via Mail, fax or letter...
iamdablasta

Post by iamdablasta » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:13 pm

tueidj wrote:
iamdablasta wrote:I never understand the US and having their fusebox on the outside however, why is this? This makes it easier for burglars, thieves, and murderers. Having it on the inside would be logical in the event of a fuse going and not having to get dressed to turn on/change fuse.
Then if something goes wrong the emergency services can't safely shut off the power e.g. if there's a fire, the firefighters won't want to start spraying water around if the power's still on. It also prevents the utility company from being able to read the meters for billing purposes.
We get a call asked what the meters read every once in a while. If it's a suspicious number they come and check themselves. (They do have area meters and if it doesn't add up they come).
I kind of get the fire part, but honestly if you spray water in the house worst case scenario a ground issue or a short will take the fuses anyways.
the game