ide exi and usb adapter parallel?

Support forum for the IDE to EXI adapter
yamaharacer

ide exi and usb adapter parallel?

Post by yamaharacer » Sat May 19, 2012 2:28 pm

Hi there,
I just prepared my Gamecube with integrated 2,5" HDD, ide exi, wiikey fusion and a IDE usb adapter. everything besides the usb adapter works perfect. When I connect the usb cable to my PC the my computer says everytime my hardware is damaged I have to check it. And my whole datas on the drive are realy damaged cant use them anymore.

I wanted to use a Logilink USB adapter. I have got an other one here from a noname company several years old and realy big. With this one everything works perfect.

It seems that the Logilinks sends some datas to the IDE exi, cause the LED is switched on. With the other one this case doesnt happen.

Can anyone say me what I can do?
sm4rty

Re: ide exi and usb adapter parallel?

Post by sm4rty » Sat May 19, 2012 4:54 pm

dont use usb adaptor and ide2exi parallel is what you can do.
its simply no good solution to use both parallel.
yamaharacer

Post by yamaharacer » Sat May 19, 2012 10:12 pm

hmm but why does it work with the other adapter? and why is it not a good solution? I only need a method to switch off the ide/exi while the usb adapter is in use.
Benni

Post by Benni » Mon May 21, 2012 9:22 am

Maybe a Power problem?

I have a 2,5" HDD, and it won´t work on my Kathrein Sat-Receiver, but works fine on my Clarketech Sat-Receiver!
(Connected with 1 USB on both Receivers!)
(So, tell me what the Problem is here!)

Or a timing Problem
(Like on PS2 with HD-Pro kit with additional Soldering so that HDD and Backups from DVD will work - you can solder a switch to select DVD or HDD)
yamaharacer

Post by yamaharacer » Mon May 21, 2012 1:33 pm

what do you mean with power problem? I have already tryed to use an external power source and only powered the usb adapter via my pc.
Benni

Post by Benni » Mon May 21, 2012 8:25 pm

O.K.
If you do so - then forget what i said!

So maybe it is a timing problem, or the older adapter is faster with initializing or so.
(Remember and thing of the PS2 Problem - have a look in Modcontrol to the HD-Pro Review;-))