To the author of Devolution, some proof and a log...

Chat, Off-topic, Research & Development etc
SuperrSonic

To the author of Devolution, some proof and a log...

Post by SuperrSonic » Mon May 19, 2014 5:35 am

Proof that there is a desync in Sonic Mega Collection followed by distortion:

http://youtu.be/5Bt6jYfurQU

And a log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gjtkemuaaut477m/GSOE.TXT

Audio proof only for the distortion, I can't prove the audio desync since I could easily fake that. Skip to 10:20 to get to the point and when it reaches 10:50 it goes back to normal but when calling the emu menu it hiccups a few frames. If you listen well you'll notice that the checkpoint sound effect even repeats two times along with massive distortion. Note that I recorded the entire 11min playthrough until the point of the issue meaning that just jumping into the game doesn't necessarily mean the issue will occur.

It's already difficult as it is to prove this to you but it is the truth; I've had this game for years, there is no desync or distortion with a real GameCube.
Last edited by SuperrSonic on Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: To the author of Devolution, some proof and a log...

Post by emu_kidid » Mon May 19, 2014 5:54 am

Picture on the video would help :D
SuperrSonic

Post by SuperrSonic » Mon May 19, 2014 6:14 am

The audio distortion should be enough to prove it, as I said before I could fake the desyncing but the distortion is easy to tell it is being produced by devo, though damn I wouldn't go through such lengths to fake it, I'm here because I'd like it fixed. Same with Sonic Heroes and the Zatch Bell game.

The only reason I'm trying to prove the issue is real is because he already stated it was non-existent.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Mon May 19, 2014 6:32 am

you have other videos uploaded to youtube which contain actual in game footage video, but not this one...??
not saying its fake, but why leave out video footage?
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
SuperrSonic

Post by SuperrSonic » Mon May 19, 2014 6:56 am

If you need more reasons, my capture card only takes in composite and s-video, my current setup is with component so in short I'd have to hunt for my old cables and rehook everything up. It's not the kind of thing I feel like doing at the moment but if you definitely need to see footage then maybe tomorrow.

Regarding my more recent videos those are directly from the game files .THP files which YouTube happens to encode just fine.

The last video I made when I had composite cables was in September 3, 2012, which was also another proof video for tueidj, the Sonic Heroes issue: http://youtu.be/9XeHQcgTNqs -this video didn't have the audio recorded for the purpose of focusing on the problem and because it's simply not needed.