Gaming meetings - gamecube gamers

Chat, Off-topic, Research & Development etc
alzen

Gaming meetings - gamecube gamers

Post by alzen » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:00 pm

Hello, I would like to share my idea with you all here.

Dunno, if it's a silly idea, or a great one - it's up to you to decide. It's really simple, as I guessed it would be nice if some of us can play some games together! How? Using our gamecubes and Skype. I have one friend and we often speak on Skype playing games, or doing things like coding(not me) etc. Like a chill out voice chat. So maybe we can do something like that guys?

And I don't mean only Gamecube games, but, as GC Forever is also a Gamecube's homebrew scene - generally everything that is playable on our cubes! It can be Mario Sunshine and it can be Cave Story run via retroarch ported nx engine. Everything to bring all gamecube gamers together. Of course players can play the same game, or different ones - exchanging feelings and impressions about gameplay; or they can compete in any way they want - feel free to choose your way of playing.

Personally, I'm working about 68h a week so I don't have much time, but some saturday or sunday maybe, who knows?

Please tell me what do you thing about it.
Take a look at my YouTube channel - totally dedicated to retro shooters
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Gaming meetings - gamecube gamers

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:37 pm

sounds interesting, if I had the time at home I'd do it.

I'm loving the Journey to Silius/Raf World sig :)
alzen

Post by alzen » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:05 pm

Nice to hear someone would like to try. I may have some time on saturday's evening and sunday(most of day) so feel free to plan some gaming Emu ;).

Nice you mentioned my signature. Yes, I like it as well(created manually), JTS is probably my favourite game; you can also check my Plus version - small hack but as I'm not good at it I'm pretty happy with the result ;). Much bigger hack is on the way but now I have some decent help and I'm not the coder this time, rather a person who plans the changes and test the results in the game. Still it won't be ready in a year for sure so you know, time will show.

Hope we will have some gaming this weekend.
iamdablasta

Post by iamdablasta » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:22 pm

Probably best would be something like a big mario kart lan, 16 players I think? Could setup at tourny or something.
I don't have a bb adapter though, probably very few do due to the price (can get a component cable for that price).
the game
alzen

Post by alzen » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:46 pm

iamdablasta wrote:Probably best would be something like a big mario kart lan, 16 players I think? Could setup at tourny or something.
I don't have a bb adapter though, probably very few do due to the price (can get a component cable for that price).
So what's the point of your post? :shock:

It's not about online gaming, and yes - probably because very few of us have BBA(at least I don't). It's about playing games single player with online chilled out VOIP at the same time. Of course there can be some online-like behaviours of gameplay like making races in single player games.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:11 am

I haven't been able to get warppipe working on Win7/Win8 (spent about 5 hours trying to), so it would be more like playing "lets set up MKDD Lan" rather than MKDD Lan.
iamdablasta

Post by iamdablasta » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:46 pm

emu_kidid wrote:I haven't been able to get warppipe working on Win7/Win8 (spent about 5 hours trying to), so it would be more like playing "lets set up MKDD Lan" rather than MKDD Lan.
Virtualbox up in this bitch. I always have windows xp ready for these situations.
I just thought it'd be more fun if everyone played together instead of separately.
the game
alzen

Post by alzen » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:51 pm

@iamdablasta - you get it man! start a topic and I will jump in talking about some not-really-related off-topic; no worries.

@emu - if you wish to play tonight I should be able to get 2/3 hrs