Devolution, a Gamecube loader for Wii/Wii U, has recently been updated to r234 "Zero Sum". Given that tueidj is active here, perhaps this is as good a place as any to chat about this excellent homebrew program.
From the included readme:
DEVOLUTION: What is it and how do you use it?
Devolution is a loader designed to run Gamecube games on a Wii. Dolphin was the codename
for the Gamecube, Revolution was the codename for the Wii, add them together = Devolution.
Although most Wii models include backwards compatibility for Gamecube games it is rather
limited; support for several Gamecube peripherals is missing, the original wired
controllers must be used, unreliable memory cards are still required for saving games...
It seemed like it should be possible to do things better. So I did...
Devolution currently offers the following enhancements to the regular "Gamecube on Wii"
- Alternative mediums for loading games (SD and USB)
- Alternative controllers (Wiimote with classic controller, WiiU Pro Controller, PS3
controller, OUYA controller, USB/BT keyboards)
- Alternative mediums as memory cards (SD / USB / NAND)
- Emulation of the Gamecube modem hardware using the Wii's networking hardware (wifi or
- Wii Family Edition and WiiU support
- Screenshot captures
- Playtime recording on the system menu's daily log
- Horizontal stretching to accomodate underscan areas on newer TVs.
Compatibility List: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Devolution ... ility_List