Devolution - Gamecube loader for Wii/Wii U updated to r234

Chat, Off-topic, Research & Development etc
tueidj
Posts: 564
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 6:57 am

Re: Devolution - Gamecube loader for Wii/Wii U updated to r2

Post by tueidj » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:13 am

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:Oh, really? That's interesting because when running Nintendo Puzzle Collection from the actual disc via GeckoOS, I was able to use my US-formatted memory card without re-formatting...
You'll also find the SJIS font in yoshi's cookie is all messed up because the game isn't running on a japanese console.
If you want extra features either modify the sample loader yourself or use something else.
SuperrSonic
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 8:19 pm

Re: Devolution - Gamecube loader for Wii/Wii U updated to r2

Post by SuperrSonic » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:53 am

tueidj wrote:You'll also find the SJIS font in yoshi's cookie is all messed up because the game isn't running on a japanese console.
But that's wrong now, is it not? For Devolution I mean.
I've got a few Jap games and after r234 the font started working, which means the save stopped working but it's not really a problem because a loader like ULGX can set individual memory cards per title. Then it's just a matter of importing your old save into the Japanese formatted card.

The sjis font wasn't working in an older version which is why NM64 can use his save in r200.
tueidj
Posts: 564
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 6:57 am

Re: Devolution - Gamecube loader for Wii/Wii U updated to r2

Post by tueidj » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:57 pm

SuperrSonic wrote:But that's wrong now, is it not? For Devolution I mean.
I was talking about GeckoOS.
User avatar
Nintendo Maniac 64
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:02 am

Re: Devolution - Gamecube loader for Wii/Wii U updated to r2

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:11 pm

Yes, the font is messed up in Yoshi's Cookie in both GeckoOS and r200. However, the primary players of that game (aka not me) don't even know Japanese anyway.
theclaw
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Devolution - Gamecube loader for Wii/Wii U updated to r2

Post by theclaw » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:44 pm

tueidj wrote:That's how a real gamecube works, you can't mix saves for EUR/PAL games with JAP games on the same card.
I haven't tried PAL but when you successfully save a JAP game on a USA gamecube, the memory card remains USA format.

Games like Nintendo Puzzle Collection don't mind. They save/load without issue apparent to the user.
Other games dislike it, and fail (Radirgy) or even erase data (Mr. Driller).
User avatar
Nintendo Maniac 64
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:02 am

Re: Devolution - Gamecube loader for Wii/Wii U updated to r2

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:54 am

Soo... I gotta ask, what kind of mad voodoo had to be done to get wired Xbox 360 controllers working? You know, with the whole Xinput and stuff...
tueidj
Posts: 564
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 6:57 am

Re: Devolution - Gamecube loader for Wii/Wii U updated to r2

Post by tueidj » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:41 am

XInput is a windows library, it has nothing to do with how the controller communicates.
User avatar
Nintendo Maniac 64
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:02 am

Re: Devolution - Gamecube loader for Wii/Wii U updated to r2

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:49 pm

Ah, so presumably you're basically reading and translating the raw USB data directly from the controller.


One last question - I don't currently own a Wii U, but I'm worried about the "format disk" nag message. Does Devolution support hidden partitions so as to avoid said "format disk" nag message?
tueidj
Posts: 564
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 6:57 am

Re: Devolution - Gamecube loader for Wii/Wii U updated to r2

Post by tueidj » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:56 am

It does not support invalid MBRs.
tommy
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:38 pm

Re: Devolution - Gamecube loader for Wii/Wii U updated to r2

Post by tommy » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:48 pm

Hi! I'm new here. I just want to thank tueidj for Devolution! Also I want to thank for helping improving nintendont: This is the note from Nintendont r209:

Code: Select all

-added __CARDUnlock patch to fix original nintendo memory card support, thanks tueidj for pointing at it
I was really surprised, when I saw this, because I thought you guys (FIX94/crediar and tueidj) don't like each other. But it's good to see that the devs of this two great apps are working together. Maybe you can even learn something from FIX94 to improve devolution, tueidj. In my opinion it would be the best if you guys try to merge nintendont and devo. An app developed by FIX94, crediar and tueidj... man, that yould be great. You three guys would be an unbeatable team. What do you think about it?

Anyway keep up the good work and thank you for everything!
tueidj
Posts: 564
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 6:57 am

Re: Devolution - Gamecube loader for Wii/Wii U updated to r2

Post by tueidj » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:10 am

I didn't do anything, he just used information I posted over 2 years ago to figure out what to do (just like nearly every other "feature" of nintendont).
User avatar
ShadowOne333
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:06 am
Location: Mexico
Contact:

Re: Devolution - Gamecube loader for Wii/Wii U updated to r2

Post by ShadowOne333 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:27 am

...
That's not nice.

The information was open and public.

He even went and thanked you for such info.
You claimed that they "stole" code before by not mentioning you at all in past features (which wasn't even crediar/FIX94 fault in the first place). That got corrected.

And now they thank you in an almost direct way and yet you say they use YOUR information for "nearly every other feature in Nintendont"?

Sorry but that just seems wrong to me and somewhat arrogant.
User avatar
Nintendo Maniac 64
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:02 am

Re: Devolution - Gamecube loader for Wii/Wii U updated to r2

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:01 am

ShadowOne333 wrote:You claimed that they "stole" code
Before this thread turns into an all-out flame war, I'd like to point out that tueidj's post doesn't actually contain the word "steal", "stole", or "stealing".

Now then, carry on chaps.
User avatar
ShadowOne333
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:06 am
Location: Mexico
Contact:

Re: Devolution - Gamecube loader for Wii/Wii U updated to r2

Post by ShadowOne333 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:15 am

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:Before this thread turns into an all-out flame war, I'd like to point out that tueidj's post doesn't actually contain the word "steal", "stole", or "stealing".

Now then, carry on chaps.
Yeah I know that, that's why I wrote "before"
I was referring to:
1) The Google Code takedown for DSP copy (This was obviously done by another user not present anymore, that got worked on ASAP by GreyRogue).
2) Audio Streaming implementation to Nintendont.

The second mostly, due to the fact that "apparently" a file got out which got some info on that and FIX worked over that. (Stealing in short words).

Yet, if they indeed did that, then why wasn't there another Google code takedown?
Because it obviously wasn't taken from the closed source.

I was referring to that specifically.
Last edited by ShadowOne333 on Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cfalcon
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:09 am

Re: Devolution - Gamecube loader for Wii/Wii U updated to r2

Post by cfalcon » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:49 am

ShadowOne333 wrote:
Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:Before this thread turns into an all-out flame war, I'd like to point out that tueidj's post doesn't actually contain the word "steal", "stole", or "stealing".

Now then, carry on chaps.
Yeah I know that, that's why I wrote "before"
I was referring to:
1) The Google Code takedown for DSP copy (This was obviously done by another user not present anymore, that got worked on ASAP by GreyRogue).
2) Audio Streaming implementation to Nintendont.

The second mostly, due to the fact that apparently a file got out which got some info on that and FIX worked over that. (Stealing in short words).

Yet, if they indeed did that, then why wasn't there another Google code takedown?
Because it obviously wasn't taken from the closed source.

I was referring to that specifically.

It's either some convoluted bullshit claim, as many Google reports like that are, or, simply, butthurt over the fact that Nintendont doesn't use his precious DRM, which also, is bullshit. Gamecube games are still copyrighted, yes, but only secondhand retailers benefit from sales, Nintendo doesn't, nor do the companies that make them. If that's the case, why the hell should DRM even be used to verify? Dios Mios doesn't require it, why should anything else? Hell, with Devolution, someone could easily borrow games from a friend, rip them, verify them, and then give them back to their friend and no one would be the wiser. They didn't own those, and yet, Devolution would be tricked into thinking that the person "owned" the games. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How's that DRM working for Devolution? I'm wondering what he was thinking when he implemented it, I mean, really, anti-piracy measures on games no longer being produced? I fail to see the logic, don't you?
tueidj
Posts: 564
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 6:57 am

Re: Devolution - Gamecube loader for Wii/Wii U updated to r2

Post by tueidj » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:04 am

Sorry if you take offence at seeing the truth stated. Perhaps you'd like to point out what feature was completely original and didn't involve at least some input from me, either directly or indirectly? Here's a list of things that you can cross off to start with:
- The kernel loading code
- DSP patches (the exact stolen code was removed and replaced with patches obviously "inspired" by it)
- HID code
- USBStorage code (taken from libogc)
- The GXInitTLUT patch (fixes corrupt textures)
- The FIFO wrap patch (fixes F-Zero/Amusement Vision games)
- Audio Streaming
- Detection of classic controller vs. classic controller pro
- Wii -> GC timer fixes
- Memory card unlocking

I never said the audio streaming stuff was stolen, simply that FIX seemed to refuse to acknowledge where he got it from even when asked directly by several people. Instead he just kept his mouth shut while people donated for his "hard work".
The entire project was only created after crediar decided to look at how Devolution worked; or do you think it was a coincidence that the Devolution binary dump he posted was r197, built/released 23rd May 2013, 7 days before he announced nintendont?

PS: the_randomizer enjoy your ban.
cfalcon
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:09 am

Re: Devolution - Gamecube loader for Wii/Wii U updated to r2

Post by cfalcon » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:17 am

Hey, always a pleasure. Enjoy the continuance of Devolution. :)

Edit: Anyways, I think that we've all had our share of excitement.
User avatar
megalomaniac
Posts: 2480
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:33 am
Location: Drunk in Texas
Contact:

Re: Devolution - Gamecube loader for Wii/Wii U updated to r2

Post by megalomaniac » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:28 am

hey cfalcon / randomizer
you can quit your crybaby whining by reporting that above post as offensive...
if you dont like it, leave...get a life...

you have already been banned for being an overall dumbshit
you do not contribute anything worth a damn to this (and every other) community...
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
cfalcon
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:09 am

Re: Devolution - Gamecube loader for Wii/Wii U updated to r2

Post by cfalcon » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:30 am

megalomaniac wrote:hey cfalcon / randomizer
you can quit your crybaby whining by reporting that above post as offensive...
if you dont like it, leave...get a life...

you have already been banned for being an overall dumbshit
you do not contribute anything worth a damn to this (and every other) community...
By your command, my liege. The name Megalomaniac is rather fitting, would you not agree?
cfalcon
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:09 am

Re: Devolution - Gamecube loader for Wii/Wii U updated to r2

Post by cfalcon » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:37 am

If someone speaks against another app, no one blinks an eye. Have a differing opinion about Devolution and everyone loses their minds.
theclaw
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Devolution - Gamecube loader for Wii/Wii U updated to r2

Post by theclaw » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:49 am

cfalcon wrote:If someone speaks against another app, no one blinks an eye. Have a differing opinion about Devolution and everyone loses their minds.
First and foremost tueidj hasn't wanted to endlessly repeat himself regarding the reason for its anti-piracy, whenever someone whines.
In fact I myself don't know what said reason is.
User avatar
megalomaniac
Posts: 2480
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:33 am
Location: Drunk in Texas
Contact:

Re: Devolution - Gamecube loader for Wii/Wii U updated to r2

Post by megalomaniac » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:51 am

cfalcon wrote:If someone speaks against another app, no one blinks an eye. Have a differing opinion about Devolution and everyone loses their minds.
nothing of the sort....
look at ShadowOne333's post...

i believe he may have just misunderstood the reply and explanation from tueidj...
and i believe ShadowOne333's post is a valid opinion due to any possible misunderstanding....
no harm no foul...


this thread just went a totally different direction in tone with your "stirring the pot" bullshit you always do...
leave it alone randomizer..


...everyone else can continue posting now
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
tueidj
Posts: 564
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 6:57 am

Re: Devolution - Gamecube loader for Wii/Wii U updated to r2

Post by tueidj » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:19 am

The funny thing is he was one of the people who asked (and was ignored) how audio streaming was implemented, doesn't seem very grateful for having his question answered.
User avatar
emu_kidid
Site Admin
Posts: 4376
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:06 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Devolution - Gamecube loader for Wii/Wii U updated to r2

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:07 am

Banned again.
Image
SuperrSonic
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 8:19 pm

Re: Devolution - Gamecube loader for Wii/Wii U updated to r2

Post by SuperrSonic » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:34 pm

I'm getting some rare random disc read errors, in two games so far. Might just be my harddrive, I've included the logs just in case but I haven't been able to get the error while capturing the log.
In one game it was straight away after selecting a stage, it just hung there for a few seconds then it displayed the error message, in the other game it was right after finishing a level, about 8 minutes into the game. I have gotten this message before but in previous revs.

EDIT: It actually got worse, it seems my USB 0 port is damaged, because I used port 1 and it never gives me crashes. Gonna have to get a Y cable to be able to use port 0 reliably.
Last edited by SuperrSonic on Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply