Need major help. Very weird issue concerning memory card

Chat, Off-topic, Research & Development etc
Mcdiesel07

Need major help. Very weird issue concerning memory card

Post by Mcdiesel07 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:07 pm

I'm having an issue with my memory card. When I start my gamecube with no disc in it all my data is on my memory card. And when I start any game all my data works. But there is one game that I put in and it says there is a memory card but that there is no saved profiles. It's timesplitters future perfect.

Once again when I turn on my gamecube with no disc it says my memory card has saved data from timesplitters future perfect. But when I put the game in it claims there is no saved profiles on the memory card. And like I said this is the only game that does not register my memory card. Could it just be the game itself? Is there a way I can clean it? It's so weird to me that it's on my memory card but can't register once the game is inserted. And I'm not getting any messages saying the card is corrupted or anything. It just says "no profiles" on slot A. But then I take the game out and access the memory card function of the gamecube and it says the data is still on there! WTF!!! Sum1 please help me
Mcdiesel07

Re: Need major help. Very weird issue concerning memory card

Post by Mcdiesel07 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:11 pm

And one more thing... All my saved mapmaker maps still register when I go into map maker and select load maps from slot a. They are still workin. But my profile isn't for some reason. Makes no sense!!!
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Need major help. Very weird issue concerning memory card

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:34 am

Sounds like the Profile has become corrupt, it would explain everything. I had similar happen to me in Donkey Kong 64, I fixed the CRC and my save was back.

Post the save file here if possible (dump it using GCMM to SD card) and someone who might be familiar with it can probably take a look.