Mario Kart: Double Dash LAN (2 Wii's) HELP!!

Chat, Off-topic, Research & Development etc
louis-damour

Re: Mario Kart: Double Dash LAN (2 Wii's) HELP!!

Post by louis-damour » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:15 am

Do we have any update about this? I think I experience exactly the same problems here...
RetroGam3r

Post by RetroGam3r » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:02 pm

tueidj wrote:
chorgox wrote:(that's how you tested right? )
I tested with 2 wiis, 2 wiis + 1 wiiu, 2 wiis + wiiu + 2 PCs... all worked, regardless of wifi or wired connections.
Could you you explain each step you took to get wii to wii communication to work through devolution with a lan adapter setup?
tueidj

Post by tueidj » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:39 pm

RetroGam3r wrote:
tueidj wrote:
chorgox wrote:(that's how you tested right? )
I tested with 2 wiis, 2 wiis + 1 wiiu, 2 wiis + wiiu + 2 PCs... all worked, regardless of wifi or wired connections.
Could you you explain each step you took to get wii to wii communication to work through devolution with a lan adapter setup?
Setup network using the system menu like normal, start MK using Devolution, start LAN game... no different from using wifi.
boredomca

Post by boredomca » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:58 am

Just gotta say that is the most badass TV. Where did you get it and how do I find one?
RetroGam3r

Post by RetroGam3r » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:51 am

I have both wiis with their respective ethernet cables running into a hub that has another ethernet cable running into it with the wifi so that the wiis know how to ping to the wifi. Does the brand of the hub, router, or the internet service provider make a huge difference?
Sir LoLz

Post by Sir LoLz » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:00 am

Hello! I actually made an account so I can reply. So please help me :P

I'm not so much interested in 2 wiis as I am running lan at all. Some of you guys said you were able to connect a Wii running devolution to dolphin. How did you do that? I installed openVPN and enabled the GBB on dolphin. bridged my connection (also tried without bridging) but the 2 are stuck on the "searching for other gamecubes" screen. I can't seem to find anyone else talk about it.

Thanks much