Action Replay

Chat, Off-topic, Research & Development etc
Zkbvjxq

Action Replay

Post by Zkbvjxq » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:24 pm

Hi all,

I'm looking to get an Action Replay for my Gamecube, but I'm not sure which one to get. I have the older DOL-001 version of the Gamecube, the one with the digital port on the back. Do I buy the Action Replay that you can get easily on Amazon or do I get the Action Replay Max, which is considerably more harder to find?

All help is appreciated, thank you :)
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Action Replay

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:29 pm

Zkbvjxq wrote:Hi all,

I'm looking to get an Action Replay for my Gamecube, but I'm not sure which one to get. I have the older DOL-001 version of the Gamecube, the one with the digital port on the back. Do I buy the Action Replay that you can get easily on Amazon or do I get the Action Replay Max, which is considerably more harder to find?

The latest incarnation of Action Replay didn't let you add custom codes from what I recall (in order to stop people exploiting it). However the latest version allows browsing of an SD card (up to 2GB) plugged into a memory card port via a SD adapter which would then let you boot Swiss (which has its own cheat engine).

Up to you really what you're intending to do.
Zkbvjxq

Post by Zkbvjxq » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:20 pm

emu_kidid wrote:
Zkbvjxq wrote:Hi all,

The latest incarnation of Action Replay didn't let you add custom codes from what I recall (in order to stop people exploiting it). However the latest version allows browsing of an SD card (up to 2GB) plugged into a memory card port via a SD adapter which would then let you boot Swiss (which has its own cheat engine).

Up to you really what you're intending to do.
Is there a list of all the codes that come with the latest version of Action Replay?
teconmoon

Post by teconmoon » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:55 pm

There isn't as far as I'm aware, except at codejunkies.com. The codes you find in the GameCube section are likely the same ones you'll find on the latest disk.

http://uk.codejunkies.com/search/codes_ ... t=GameCube

Personally, I would just buy the newest version. There's a decent amount of cheats, and if you want to enter custom cheats, you can just grab an SD Gecko and use it to load the old Action Replay DOL.

Here are some cheap SD Gecko Amazon Links:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BYGH188/
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D4A7QNQ/

This is a far cheaper solution than hunting down a Action Replay Max, and you have the added benefit of being able to auto-boot any DOL by renaming it to autoexec.dol and placing it on your SD Card.

In conclusion:
1. Buy newest Action Replay
2. Buy SD Gecko
3. Download the Action Replay 1.14 DOL
4. Rename it to autoexec.dol and put it on a SD Card (2GB or less)
5. Put the SD Gecko in Slot A and a normal Memory Card in Slot B
6. Turn on the GameCube with the new Action Replay disk in, and it will autoboot to the old version of Action Replay