Anyone knows a way to contact megalomaniac please?

Chat, Off-topic, Research & Development etc
DragonBoy

Anyone knows a way to contact megalomaniac please?

Post by DragonBoy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:56 am

Hello,
I've been trying to reach megalomaniac for an order which was placed on his site BadAss Consoles 2+ months ago. I've sent him a few PMs and emails during this time regarding the said order and I still haven't got an answer (although I have to mention that initially I did get an answer right after the order was placed). Anyone knows a way to contact him?

Thanks everyone
andzlay

Re: Anyone knows a way to contact megalomaniac please?

Post by andzlay » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:47 am

If you're lucky, he will see your post here. On the other hand there might be reason why he didn't answer.
Did you contact him to change/cancel your order, or were you like "WTF WHERH IS MY SHIIIIT" :lol:?
DragonBoy

Post by DragonBoy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:45 am

Hello,
Thank you for the answer. As I mentioned in my first post, I did try to contact him through PMs and emails. In the beggining he wasn't replying but after a few days/weeks I did get an answer from him, I placed the order, I payed for it and everything seemed ok at the time so no reason to send things like "WTF WHERH IS MY SHIIIIT" :lol:? . Now after all this time past with no answer, I'm still trying to contact him through PMs and emails, I see him loging into the site through his profile (Last active: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:25 am) but still, he is not answering... This whole thing is very strange because I never had any problems in the past and I don't think that I did something to offend him simply because other then the past orders, I had no other interaction with him, what so ever :lol: ...
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:54 am

nothing is wrong with your order.
You email is being held in unread status. This is an active reminder else if i mark it as read I will forget the specifics of your request.
Dont worry about your order.
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
DragonBoy

Post by DragonBoy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:11 pm

Thank you very much for your reply... I will wait for it and let you know as soon as I receive it... :)
niuus

Post by niuus » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:45 am

megalomaniac wrote:nothing is wrong with your order.
You email is being held in unread status. This is an active reminder else if i mark it as read I will forget the specifics of your request.
Excuse the offtopic: do you happen to have the source code for the latest changes you introduced in NeoCD Redux?
https://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewt ... =13&t=1246

I asked there last year, but never got a reply. I would love to give it a try and fix Classic Controller support. Thanks in advance, megalomaniac.
DragonBoy

Post by DragonBoy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:47 am

Hello again... Please megalomaniac answer me... Its September, I still haven't received anything and you don't reply to my messages...
andzlay

Post by andzlay » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:13 am

DragonBoy wrote:[...]so no reason to send things like "WTF WHERH IS MY SHIIIIT" :lol:? .
DragonBoy wrote:I still haven't received anything and you don't reply to my messages...
:mrgreen:
DragonBoy

Post by DragonBoy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:44 pm

Still no answer...
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:45 am

megalomaniac wrote:nothing is wrong with your order.
DragonBoy

Post by DragonBoy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:23 am

emu_kidid thank you for the answer. However, that was posted from megalomaniac in June-2017, for an order that was placed around April-2017. Now it is September-2017. megalomaniac is not answering on pm, email or here. How can there be *nothing wrong* with an order which I have payed when it was placed and haven't received after five months nor I have gotten a decent answer...If you think that I'm -over the top- I appologise...
KirovAir

Post by KirovAir » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:33 am

DragonBoy wrote:emu_kidid thank you for the answer. However, that was posted from megalomaniac on the 05-06-2017 for an order that was placed around April-2017. Now it is September-2017. megalomaniac is not answering on pm, email or here. How can there be *nothing wrong* with an order which I have payed when it was placed and haven't received after five months nor I have gotten a decent answer...If you think that I'm -over the top- I appologise...
Kinda have to agree on that one. 5 months really is long. I don't see any warning on the website that it could take that long.
I understand it's dedicated (and hard!) labor but just don't take orders if you're that busy.

Also no disrespect to megalomaniac at all, I love his work. But from a consumers' perspective I can understand it's quite the wait.
"The only thing more dangerous than a hardware guru with a code patch is a programmer with a soldering iron."
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:38 am

KirovAir wrote:
DragonBoy wrote:emu_kidid thank you for the answer. However, that was posted from megalomaniac on the 05-06-2017 for an order that was placed around April-2017. Now it is September-2017. megalomaniac is not answering on pm, email or here. How can there be *nothing wrong* with an order which I have payed when it was placed and haven't received after five months nor I have gotten a decent answer...If you think that I'm -over the top- I appologise...
Kinda have to agree on that one. 5 months really is long. I don't see any warning on the website that it could take that long.
I understand it's dedicated (and hard!) labor but just don't take orders if you're that busy.

Also no disrespect to megalomaniac at all, I love his work. But from a consumers' perspective I can understand it's quite the wait.
True, but if mega has gone out of his way to tell you it's coming regardless of how long it takes and you don't take a refund at that point then you're kind of to blame for having to wait longer? :?
Diminuendo

Post by Diminuendo » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:17 am

5 months is faster than most kickstarters, either ask for a refund or be patient. Cheaper, lower quality HDMI adapters are currently available with identical quality video output to Megas.
KirovAir

Post by KirovAir » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:34 am

emu_kidid wrote:
KirovAir wrote:

True, but if mega has gone out of his way to tell you it's coming regardless of how long it takes and you don't take a refund at that point then you're kind of to blame for having to wait longer? :?
Ah I didn't spotted the refund part, my bad. In that case you're right.
"The only thing more dangerous than a hardware guru with a code patch is a programmer with a soldering iron."
novenary

Post by novenary » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:23 pm

Diminuendo wrote:5 months is faster than most kickstarters, either ask for a refund or be patient. Cheaper, lower quality HDMI adapters are currently available with identical quality video output to Megas.
As long as you're comfortable with the risk of frying your gamecube.
Diminuendo

Post by Diminuendo » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:43 pm

I was talking more the internal GCvideo mods, but that's the trade off to patience.
DragonBoy

Post by DragonBoy » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:54 am

Hello everyone. It is October. Still nothing. Mega still is not answering to emails, messages, PMs etc. and I've already asked for a refund and he still is not answering. The problem is not so much that I haven't received the order... The problem is more that he is ignoring my messages... I would be satisfied with a message from him saying something like "...your order is still in progress..."
François

Post by François » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:26 pm

If it’s not too late, use Paypal’s buyer protection. It’s the only way to get your money back from Mega.
novenary

Post by novenary » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:09 pm

First time poster and already talking shit, that's lame.
DragonBoy

Post by DragonBoy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:48 am

Right... After such a long time and since megalomaniac is not answering, I had to open a dispute on Paypal in order to get the money. I have waited 1-2 days before my right to open a dispute was ended. I know that mega is a reputable member and one who has given a lot to the community and I am nobody to you all, but this behavour (ignoring someone who has payed you for services/products) is not nice and not acceptable to any country or nation by anyone. Hopefully paypal will agree to give me back the money because mega didn't reply in the dispute section either.

He still owes me a WASP chip which I bought and payed from him a while back (and I was suppose to receive it with this order) and he is not replying about that either, posting or giving refund. This is probably lost for good now. I don't think that he'll ever agree to send it or give refund after me claiming the money for the last order...
novenary

Post by novenary » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:59 am

He told me that you ordered a GCvideo with the WASP, that you wanted them both shipped together, and that you were ready to wait. He posts updates on GCvideo publicly on his Twitter, so you know exactly where that's at. He is actively working on it despite the delays from his suppliers. If he says nothing, it's because there's nothing to be said.
DragonBoy

Post by DragonBoy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:11 pm

Streetwalker wrote:He told me that you ordered a GCvideo with the WASP, that you wanted them both shipped together, and that you were ready to wait. He posts updates on GCvideo publicly on his Twitter, so you know exactly where that's at. He is actively working on it despite the delays from his suppliers. If he says nothing, it's because there's nothing to be said.
I bought the WASP chip a while back... I think it was two-three years ago. The reason it was on HOLD, was because I wanted to combine shipping with a MEGA DRIVE kit which was not available at the time and I had to wait a bit and so I did. (mega asked me on a pm at the time if I was interested in a mod where I get to keep the gc drive and if that was the case, he said that he had a better version coming out soon, therefore I should wait). Then for a while I didn't contact him, and now I wanted to buy an HDMI kit and also get my WASP chip which was already payed from back in the day and supposidely kept. Mega said ok, accepted the payment for the new order and you know the rest...

So the WASP chip was supposed to be kept because it was payed when it was still available by mega. I didn't order it now with the HDMI kit.

Also you said that he is actively working on it. Ok, then he should have said here "check my Twitter" or send a pm message or even write something here telling us that or on an email or at the paypal dispute. I would have waited as I've already waited for 2-3 years for a WASP chip which I had payed to be combined with another order because I trusted him.

How would you feel if you have payed for something and the person who have sold it to you stoped responding and then another one appeared saying "He is actively working on it despite the delays from his suppliers. If he says nothing, it's because there's nothing to be said". Would you be satisfied with that? Also if I manage to get a refund from the dispute (a refund which I waited 6 months until I asked paypal to take action) do you think that Mega will refund the WASP chip as well since I'm not elligible to ask Paypal for that?
novenary

Post by novenary » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:19 pm

I wasn't aware that you'd been waiting for so long for the WASP. Mega has stopped producing megadrives due to lack of WASP supply. I'll poke him about it but I can't really do anything more than that.

For gcvideo, his Twitter is linked on his website, and you're probably the first person I see here who's never checked it out. He posts all updates regarding BadAssConsoles on there.

I understand how you feel about this, but you didn't explain the entire situation. You don't need to react like that, I'm only trying to understand and possibly get things unstuck.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:38 pm

DragonBoy
GCVideo is not ready yet which is why your order has not shipped. You can already see your order was updated to include the WASP months ago. If you wanted me to ship em separately then i didnt see the message or it slipped my mind. I can still ship the wasp alone and GCVideo later on or you can still wait and have em both shipped together. GCVideo is nearing completion now with only a couple of things left to wrap up but whatever you want to do at this point let me know.
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image