wii to gc while capturing footage

Chat, Off-topic, Research & Development etc
weekendgamer

wii to gc while capturing footage

Post by weekendgamer » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:54 am

have anybody have problems capturing video footage on the wii when playing gamecube games. most of the games i play seem to be abit dark. i am useding a wii2hdmi adapter with avermedia hd 985 capture card. here two video clips to show what i am talking about. also if i get my gamecube modded with the hdmi or the gamecube adapter that output into hdmi that metaljesusrock used on his console. will that show a better quality picture alone.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeLpBvd ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJlIhP6 ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]
boredomca

Re: wii to gc while capturing footage

Post by boredomca » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:35 pm

Have you tried component? It's the best WII video output though I would recommend the GameCube HDMI cable as it's the best possible solution
weekendgamer

Post by weekendgamer » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:56 am

then i need a component to hdmi box which will be too much to do.
boredomca

Post by boredomca » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:41 am

Just get the HDMI cable for gamecube
Diminuendo

Post by Diminuendo » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:05 am

weekendgamer wrote:then i need a component to hdmi box which will be too much to do.
Isn't that what the Wii2HDMI is? It just isn't a quality one.
novenary

Post by novenary » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:19 pm

It is. Gamecube component is better than Wii, but also much more expensive. The HDMI mod is a great middle ground in price and has the best picture quality.
boredomca

Post by boredomca » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:21 pm

Indeed. The video output by the GameCube HDMI cable can handle video conversion way better then the Wii as the GameCube component port was made to power a chip inside the Nintendo component cable which in turn can help power the HDMI adapter, not the case in the Wii
novenary

Post by novenary » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:42 pm

That's not really the reason why quality is better though. GCvideo has direct access to the XFB contents, and outputs a minimally processed video signal (all it really does is linear interpolation on chroma + conversion to RGB). The Wii is known to have a bad video encoder that produces worse component signals than the GC cable. See this for a comparison: https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.p ... 2#p1254152. GCvideo should be very close to the YCbCr source.
weekendgamer

Post by weekendgamer » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:30 am

boredomca wrote:Indeed. The video output by the GameCube HDMI cable can handle video conversion way better then the Wii as the GameCube component port was made to power a chip inside the Nintendo component cable which in turn can help power the HDMI adapter, not the case in the Wii

yeah because the picture quality is abit different and other sites like nintendoage are telling me that the wii make games abit darker then the gamecube. i am trying to get my hands on the box that a guy just crack that just hook up the digital plug where the component cables suppose to hook up and output too hdmi. this would be great for me when i capture the footage.