Chat, Off-topic, Research & Development etc
scooby

nintendo shouldd buy rare back!

Post by scooby » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:55 am

what do u guys think? should they?
xGRUMPYx

Re: nintendo shouldd buy rare back!

Post by xGRUMPYx » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:11 am

dude, half of the original staff left rare, they created timesplitter, they even confirmed that the majority of the best developers left and they needed new ones, Microsoft is only responsible for licensing and marketing, rare makes the games, Nintendo buying rare wouldn't make them any better then they are right now.
There's Heroes And There's Legends, Heroes Get Remember But Legends Never Die..
scooby

Post by scooby » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:15 am

your point is?
xGRUMPYx

Post by xGRUMPYx » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:36 am

my "point'' is nintendo doesnt need rare anymore, they already have retro studios dont they??? ..dont get me wrong the only thing i hope for is for nintendo and microsoft come to a agreement so that nintendo could release the rare games that were made for nintendo on the VC, but meh...... not anytime soon, xbox and rare were working on a Goldeneye remake, but nintendo forced Activition to stop them from being release on the xbox live arcade..
scooby

Post by scooby » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:40 am

ALRIGHT TO BAD MICROSUCKS OWNS THE ORIGINAL GOLDENEYE :(
xGRUMPYx

Post by xGRUMPYx » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:53 am

WRONG.. the original goldeneye is owned under a shared license by MGM, activision. nintendo, rare. to get the game published again would require all parties to agree, Nintendo in this case did not agree, even after rare offered n64 version for the wii too, perfect dark however is not owned by nintendo in any shape of form, perfect dark is owned entirely by rare, nintendo only has the publishing rights to the N64 as it's platform, but has no say about the release to other platforms.
xGRUMPYx

Post by xGRUMPYx » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:59 am

one last thing im glad the original goldeneye wasn't released on the xbox live arcade, Goldeneye in my mind would always be in the heart and home of nintendo.
AC_Orange

Post by AC_Orange » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:08 am

yeah it wouldn't make a difference now.. still makes me sad that donkey kong racing was never released and same with banjo and conker :/
Sintendo

Post by Sintendo » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:17 pm

Rare as we used to know it throughout the 90's is gone forever, simple as that. Nintendo buying it back wouldn't change a thing.
andzlay

Post by andzlay » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:36 pm

word, sintendo!
Matron

Post by Matron » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:13 pm

Just no. Rare is dead since they finished Conker's Bad Fur Day.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:29 pm

Say they did come back, then what? Goldeneye 2, Conkers 2/3? it's never going to be better than what's out there and we need to appreciate what those "legends" back in the mid to late 90's rare team achieved :)
Matron

Post by Matron » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:40 pm

First of all. Microsoft's goal in the last generation was very clear, complete destruction of Nintendo, they did things like:

- Letting go 1000 million of dollars to various companies to avoid the development of their games on the Nintendo console (GameCube).
- The purchase and subsequent dismantling of small developers related to Nintendo
- Place a bid of 25,000 million dollars on the table for the full purchase of Nintendo that was about to succeed if not for the actions of Yamauchi and his personal guard.

I'm sure that Microsoft will regret the purchase of Rare, its value had been artificially inflated by Nintendo America, and if it were not for the recommendation of Ken Lobb and the wishes of Microsoft to destroy Nintendo with their typical tricks it would never have occurred the chapter.

Can come to me countless Rare fans to tell me this story is a lie, but the great truth is that Microsoft bought Rare for trying to fuck up Nintendo, and several publishers have turned their backs to the British company because they knew of the overstatement of this.
Last edited by Matron on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xGRUMPYx

Post by xGRUMPYx » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:11 pm

agrees with matron, is no wonder that the great gamecube didnt last long, but it sure did had good tittles, But nintendo is still on top, kickin ass and making games :) ..they sure did whooped sony's and microsoft's ass in 2010 with some great tittles.
DSman59

Post by DSman59 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:24 pm

Matron wrote:First of all. Microsoft's goal in the last generation was very clear, complete destruction of Nintendo, they did things like:

- Letting go 1000 million of dollars to various companies to avoid the development of their games on the Nintendo console (GameCube).
- The purchase and subsequent dismantling of small developers related to Nintendo
- Place a bid of 25,000 million dollars on the table for the full purchase of Nintendo that was about to succeed if not for the actions of Yamauchi and his personal guard.
That's an interesting story, but do you have a source for this information? I would like to know more.
Matron

Post by Matron » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:57 pm

DSman59 wrote:
Matron wrote:First of all. Microsoft's goal in the last generation was very clear, complete destruction of Nintendo, they did things like:

That's an interesting story, but do you have a source for this information? I would like to know more.
I provided certain information that you won't read on many sites. What I can do is explain all the chapter.
scooby

Post by scooby » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:55 am

im done with supporting nintendo because they aint buying rare back! also because nintendo still has 90s graphics! xbox and ps3 here i come!
xGRUMPYx

Post by xGRUMPYx » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:22 am

lol seriously dude wassup with u kids and graphics this days??? back in the 90s no one didnt give a shit about graphics, it was all about the gameplay, so go ahead and play your overrated Halo game and your shitXBOX :)
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:33 am

well said. graphics have nothing to do with it. Do you think Nintendo accidentally made the Wii system lower spec than the others to try and save costs or cause they're just plain stupid? Nintendo did it because they know that graphics isn't everything - Gameplay is!
xGRUMPYx

Post by xGRUMPYx » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:44 am

agrees 100% with emu_kidid, most kids this days are all about how good the graphics suppose to be, nintendo may not have the graphics but they sure damn have good ass addicted gameplay, i still even play the nes, snes, atari, also the legendary neo-geo. lol im in the mood playin zelda ll- the adventure of Link :)
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:52 am

I'd like to spend a nice saturday playing Zelda II on my actual NES.. I've never finished it!! :'(
xGRUMPYx

Post by xGRUMPYx » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:21 am

awesome :) my nes its somewhere in the basement with the GC i still have that old classic fat gameboy, ..im planning on getting a N64dd as a collection, they're very RARE, all my old systems are in there original box and in good condition, BTW i still havent forgot about donating for the wii64 :)
Burbruee

Post by Burbruee » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:54 am

emu_kidid wrote:I'd like to spend a nice saturday playing Zelda II on my actual NES.. I've never finished it!! :'(
Don't wait too long unless you want to have to replace the battery in the cartridge. Happened to me, though I had already finished it at least 10 times. One of my favorite games. :)
Sintendo

Post by Sintendo » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:57 am

scooby wrote:im done with supporting nintendo because they aint buying rare back! also because nintendo still has 90s graphics! xbox and ps3 here i come!
The only thing that should matter when buying a console are the games. What good are great graphics when you don't like the games themselves to begin with?

When you think about it, Nintendo never really was all about having cutting edge hardware/graphics. The Sega Master System was superior to the NES in terms of hardware, but in most countries the NES won. The Game Gear was also more capable than the Game Boy, but couldn't beat the Game Boy either. The DS and the PSP: same story. The only real exception to this is probably the SNES, which had better graphics, but it still had a weaker CPU than the Mega Drive. The N64 and the Gamecube both took the cutting edge hardware approach, and both ended up being beaten by the competition.

By the way, may I remind you that the PS3 and the Xbox 360 both have 2006 graphics? If you want cutting edge graphics, you need a PC. :P
Matron

Post by Matron » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:14 pm

scooby wrote:im done with supporting nintendo because they aint buying rare back! also because nintendo still has 90s graphics! xbox and ps3 here i come!
This is funny because Wii is a repetition of NES.