RIP Wii. :'(

Chat, Off-topic, Research & Development etc
Hells Guardian

RIP Wii. :'(

Post by Hells Guardian » Sat May 07, 2011 1:27 pm

I was attempting to install a sundriver last night and to my dismay the unit refuses to boot now... I connect the power and the light goes straight to yellow... Anyone have any clues as to what I might have done to It because I can't find and trouble from a quick glance over the hardware.... Also I'd be happy to sell it for parts if Anyones interested just PM me. If anyone thinks they know what I did and can tell me what to look for I'd apritiate it. I just bought a new Damaged wii. It only has cosmetic damage and a broken disc drive from a friend here in town but still I'd like to restore this one if possible.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: RIP Wii. :'(

Post by emu_kidid » Sat May 07, 2011 2:22 pm

Is it still refusing to boot? Sounds to me like a short someplace, try to remove the 3.3v battery and check for anything that might've dropped in the Wii like a loose screw perhaps from the casing.
Hells Guardian

Post by Hells Guardian » Sat May 07, 2011 3:07 pm

I'll give it a look. Worst I can do is break it more...

I went through pulled the whole shell apart. from what I can see there is nothing physically wrong yet it still wont boot. Anyone here wanna take a shot at fixing it? I'll pay the shipping costs within the US but it'll be a little later this month.
alambriojo

Post by alambriojo » Sun May 08, 2011 8:45 pm

maybe the short broken the bluetooth module, if you have bootmi try to boot,