Questions about Wii64, WiiSX, and PS364.

Chat, Off-topic, Research & Development etc
Josh.

Questions about Wii64, WiiSX, and PS364.

Post by Josh. » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:22 am

Here's just a couple questions that I was wondering if either Sepp256, Emukidid, or Tehpola could answer. ^__^

#1: Is Rice's video plugin still being ported to Wii64, or was there a change in plans?
#2: Is Tehpola still in the process of rewriting the dynarec, or is he done with that process yet?
#3: Have you ever found anyone to help you guys out with PS364, or are you guys still looking?
#4: Which emulator are you guys planing on releasing first; Wii64, PS364, or your mystery emulator?
#5: Are you guys still planning to work on WiiSX after any releases?
#6: With the rewrite of the new dynarec has it become easier to "squash bugs", or no?
#7: Are you guys planning on rewriting the dynarec on WiiSX too, or no?
#8: Has the whole Sony issue with GeoHot caused any delay with PS364?
#9: Are you guys still planning on releasing builds with IOS58 support and if so are you guys any closer at achieving this?
#10: Has there been any major significant changes to any emulators you guys are working on? (Not asking for any compatibility changes.)
#11: Are you guys still fresh on funds?

Well here's all the questions I have to ask. You don't have to ask some of these questions if you don't want to, but I will really appreciate it if you did. Thnx for your time guys! ^__^
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Questions about Wii64, WiiSX, and PS364.

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:05 pm

Josh. wrote:Here's just a couple questions that I was wondering if either Sepp256, Emukidid, or Tehpola could answer. ^__^

#1: Is Rice's video plugin still being ported to Wii64, or was there a change in plans?
1. Still is, no change in plans.
Josh. wrote: #2: Is Tehpola still in the process of rewriting the dynarec, or is he done with that process yet?
Still about mid-way through it.
Josh. wrote: #3: Have you ever found anyone to help you guys out with PS364, or are you guys still looking?
We didn't find anyone able and willing to fix our issues (dynarec rewrite)
Josh. wrote: #4: Which emulator are you guys planing on releasing first; Wii64, PS364, or your mystery emulator?
A minor update to WiiSX then possibly Wii64.. each release takes a lot of effort to get it out the door.
Josh. wrote: #5: Are you guys still planning to work on WiiSX after any releases?
Yes, a new version to get into sync with the new developments in PCSX reloaded as well as general wii/gc updates and fixes.
Josh. wrote: #6: With the rewrite of the new dynarec has it become easier to "squash bugs", or no?
The new dynarec isn't up and running yet so it's not up to the point where we're squishing bugs. But when it is in that state we are pretty sure it will be easier to debug.
Josh. wrote: #7: Are you guys planning on rewriting the dynarec on WiiSX too, or no?
Not a complete rewrite if it can be avoided - however we would like to implement the GTE and other parts of the interpreted core to the dynamically recompiled part of the process.
Josh. wrote: #8: Has the whole Sony issue with GeoHot caused any delay with PS364?
No - we're using open sourced libraries and trying to keep everything legal and clean in our eyes.
Josh. wrote: #9: Are you guys still planning on releasing builds with IOS58 support and if so are you guys any closer at achieving this?
Yes we are - all upcoming versions will have IOS58/USB2 support.
Josh. wrote: #10: Has there been any major significant changes to any emulators you guys are working on? (Not asking for any compatibility changes.)
Yes - Wii64 and WiiSX have had a few improvements and new features(none considered complete or stable though).
Josh. wrote: #11: Are you guys still fresh on funds?
We've still got enough funds to keep emulatemii.com alive for a few more years :D
Josh. wrote: Well here's all the questions I have to ask. You don't have to ask some of these questions if you don't want to, but I will really appreciate it if you did. Thnx for your time guys! ^__^
No problem, always happy to ask questions! Wish I had more time for development these days :(
Ploggy

Post by Ploggy » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:22 pm

I think this should be added to Emulatemii.
Josh.

Post by Josh. » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:40 am

@Emukidid: Thnx for answering all my questions I really appreciate it! 8D
Ploggy wrote:I think this should be added to Emulatemii.
@Ploggy: I agree, Emukidid you wouldn't mind if I showed this to everyone at EmulateMii.com would you???
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:05 pm

we'll add a post shortly.
the_randomizer

Post by the_randomizer » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:31 pm

This will help silence all the skeptics. They're all whining about Wii64/WiiSX being abandoned, blah-blah-blah. Well, I say, keep up the good work! By the way, did you every follow any re-writes to the playstation audio plugin by a guy named Shalma?
"Old people don't need companionship. They need to be isolated and studied so it can be determined what nutrients they have that might be extracted for our personal use."

Homer Simpson
Crwys

Post by Crwys » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:19 pm

Thanks for answering the questions Emu_kidid, its nice to hear from you.
Josh.

Post by Josh. » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:08 am

emu_kidid wrote:we'll add a post shortly.
Can't wait. 8)
kevstah2004

Post by kevstah2004 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:00 am

the_randomizer wrote:This will help silence all the skeptics. They're all whining about Wii64/WiiSX being abandoned, blah-blah-blah. Well, I say, keep up the good work! By the way, did you every follow any re-writes to the playstation audio plugin by a guy named Shalma?
Yeah for pcsx-r :D I helped him fix compatibly with the various disc based cheat engines 8-)
now imagine if this incorperated all those fixes cheating via the in-game disc swapper makes cheating a breeze, Action Replay v4.20 already works perfect however in the current version alone :D I haven't tested it's disc .str video viewer with it though as last time I played Dino Crisis 2 the capcom logo and intro .str video had swapped colours like a 3d effect :lol:
Gran Turismo 1 & 2 both need a lot of work to run properly and then there's that wierd control bug where the AI takes over and goes completly crazy thrown in for good measure :P

http://code.google.com/p/pcsxgc/issues/detail?id=127
http://code.google.com/p/pcsxgc/issues/ ... =83&q=mdec
https://code.google.com/p/pcsxgc/issues/detail?id=67#c0
Josh.

Post by Josh. » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:54 pm

Hey I don't want to bother but, is there any recent changes to the questions posted above??? Preferably question #2. Thank you. ^__^