Question for the sercet emulator

Chat, Off-topic, Research & Development etc
Soul Triforce~

Question for the sercet emulator

Post by Soul Triforce~ » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:49 pm

Now I don't want to one of those people asking you (emu_kiddid) about when such and such coming or whatever. :lol:

But i'm curious about it. Did you three run to any troubles with it?

The reason why im asking is because i'm interested into learning how debug programs, (yeah i know its hard but lucky for me I love a challenge :P ) but i need to be guided to the right path. Currently there's no program i want to debug its just that task seem to have the most appeal to me.

Right now im still learning about c++ (so im not much use to anyone...) but maybe in time I can be a use to the community. (hopefully)

But I'll be happy if you can answer my question (whenever you can get a chance) or if anyone can shed some light about debugging a few programs.

Any help would be grateful!

Ps: I have a modded wii 4.3u if this help any....(doubt it though )
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Question for the sercet emulator

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:43 pm

We haven't run into any issues yet because we've hardly started work on it (no time these days) :(
Soul Triforce~

Post by Soul Triforce~ » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:53 am

Thank you for replying I'm very grateful

If possible when I get better with both c++, advanced c++ and debugging

Do you think it would be possible for me to help the team out?

I know there's atleast three of you but I assure you I am a fast learner when it comes to computers. (not sure why) If your full or already got some people in mind i understand and I just wanted to say thank you for taking your time out to read my question.

Good Luck and thank you for all you and your team have done! :)
Paul.str

Post by Paul.str » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:58 am

I hope DML doesn't take steam away from Swiss; I really don't like the GBAtempirates. I know you're twelve, but can't you buy at least one video game?

Anyway, I am interested in seeing how this project develops. Is it open source yet?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:02 am

Soul Triforce~, no problem. I assume you have knowledge of C and how it all works from the lowest level up? The lowlevel stuff is what matters here when you're working close to the hardware especially to know its limitations/etc.

My C++ knowledge is poorer than my C knowledge but it's never been a problem for GC/Wii stuff.

DML hasn't taken any time because I haven't done anything for it, I simply said I'd offer advice/support for it. The last week I spent about 2 hours on ps364 and then 1 hour on XenoGC stuff, that's about it.
Soul Triforce~

Post by Soul Triforce~ » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:26 pm

I wasn't really aware of C honestly. I've noticed on some emu forums they would chat about C++ or advance sometimes. So I was mostly aiming for advance C++ after hearing it would be easier to do tasks after learning the C++ but i could start from C (considering its dealing with program's limitations and stuff ) and work my way up and let you in on my progress if you would like that?

Again thank you for your response
Soul Triforce~

Post by Soul Triforce~ » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:09 pm

Also my older brother has a book about C (i think ) C++ and advance. I plan to study this tonight. ;)
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:50 am

reading a book is a great start but at the same time, it will only get you so far...
sometimes trial by error goes a long way

start with helloworld in the libogc examples..
compile that first and start the DOL

then add another printf line under helloworld, recompile and run it again to see the changes
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
Soul Triforce~

Post by Soul Triforce~ » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:00 pm

I haven't got the chance to look at it because of work but thank you for telling about that. I was already planning on combining both web and book info for better and latest understanding of the programs.

Thank you for the response!