End of an Era

Chat, Off-topic, Research & Development etc
Paul.str

End of an Era

Post by Paul.str » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:39 pm

I read somewhere (back in 2005 or so) that with the GB Player, the GC could play all Zelda games ever made. (Excluding those that shall not be named.)

With the pending release of Skyward sword, I wanted to make sure everyone knew of this fun fact.

In NA, if you count handheld and console Zelda titles, the GC's run was this:
Nov 24, 2003 - October 1, 2007
3 Years, 10 Months and 7 days
Started with the release of the Collectors Edition disc and ended with the release of Phantom Hourglass.

While 3 Years, 10 Months and 7 Days may not seem impressive, but you have to consider that no other Nintendo console had so many Zelda titles playable on it and probably never will.

If you count only console titles, the run is:
Nov 24, 2003 - November 20, 2011
Starting with Collector's edition and ending with Skyward Sword.

7 Years, 11 Months and 27 days.
If Nintendo had waited only 4 days(!!) to release Skyward Sword, the GC would have an even 8 years of being able to play every console Zelda game released.

So, next time you turn on your beloved 'cube, consider exactly what it has accomplished.

*I'm not counted the Wii version of TP as a separate game.
*The Wii doesn't count because it does not have compatibility with GC games in wii mode, while all games for the GC could be played in GC mode with a proper GC controller.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: End of an Era

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:16 pm

Quite true, but you are regarding a Link to the Past as "playable" even though you'd have to play the GBA version - which is still totally awesome.
Nukatha

Re: End of an Era

Post by Nukatha » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:37 pm

To say nothing of SNES9X GX