Official Nintendo licensed SDHC cards in Japan

Chat, Off-topic, Research & Development etc
Cubelover

Official Nintendo licensed SDHC cards in Japan

Post by Cubelover » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:01 am

It looks like Nintendo has either made a deal with SanDisk or another company to distribute official Nintendo licensed SDHC cards in Japan or manufatured their own cards. Either way the source of this news state that the cards will be shipped to retailers all over Japan next month.

The cards will come in the sizes 8GB and 16GB. No word yet about a possible 32GB card or a release outside of Japan. The cards are obviously aimed for the 3DS, but can be used by the Wii as well. It would be interesting to know if there are any technical differences, specifically made for Nintendo products (perhaps Swiss works better with them :P (I doubt it, though)).

Source
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Official Nintendo licensed SDHC cards in Japan

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:15 am

lol, I seriously doubt it'll work better. It's most likely a way to make some extra revenue since a lot of people only like to have Nintendo Licensed products, however it's also a way for Nintendo to have to worry less about "My Brand X card doesn't work in your console/handheld".
wii_HD

Post by wii_HD » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:53 pm

Uploaded with [url=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us

Yeah the price on release for official cards was eye opening but they can be usually got for reasonable prices now (eBay) if you find the need for them.
Playing - Super Mario Sunshine - DariusBurst CS - Hotline Miami 2 - Rpi2 Lakka - X360 BurnOut Paradise City
Jonathant

Post by Jonathant » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:41 am

Right, the initial prices were ... unbelievable! ((