Favorite Gamecube times?

Chat, Off-topic, Research & Development etc
xGRUMPYx

Re: Favorite Gamecube times?

Post by xGRUMPYx » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:26 am

this year will mark the 10th anniversary of the gamecube's release, well it depends what region u guys live.. i live in California US, damn how i miss my childhood days :( ..oh well lol..
There's Heroes And There's Legends, Heroes Get Remember But Legends Never Die..
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:18 pm

Yeah, next year will be the 10 years since I bought my GC.. I remember waiting outside the store and we were the only ones there apart from this other guy .. it was just me, my brother and my grandfather who was kind enough to take us early in the morning :)

Sucks though, the other guy got in first and bought the first one, we were second - bought a Indigo GC, Luigis Mansion, Wave Race, Star Wars Rogue Leader II, 1 memcard 59 and 2 Genuine controllers - we went back later on the same day to buy 2 3rd party controllers for 4 player wave race :D
KirovAir

Post by KirovAir » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:31 pm

I got mine as a combined birthday present for me and my brother. We both needed to add some extra money for it but that was not a big deal.
First time playing Super Mario Sunshine was just unbelievable. Played it for hours and hours. Those were the days. :)
"The only thing more dangerous than a hardware guru with a code patch is a programmer with a soldering iron."
Nukatha

Post by Nukatha » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:23 pm

#1.Getting Metroid Prime bundled Gamecube as Birthday gift in '04 along with Animal Crossing.
#2. Playing Smash Bros for hours after that Christmas.
#3. Finding a Component Cable for $5 USD at local game store
#4. Finding BBA for $2 at gamestop
#5. Playing Mario Kart DD on a LAN. 8 people is AWESOME!
#6. Getting Phantasy Star Online last year, and confusing everyone in the dorm with their PS3s and Xbox360s when I say I play may GAMECUBE online.
#7. Successfully getting homebrew programs to run on my thus far unmodded cube through PSOload.
#8. Getting handed a Gamecube (sadly a dol-101, but hey, FREE CUBE), controller, 251 memory card, and microphone to me for no cost yesterday (although it lacks a power adapter and AV cable).
#9. My ever-growing collection of games, intended to preserve every awesome game on the console for future generations.

I freaking love the cube.
Soul Triforce~

Post by Soul Triforce~ » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:14 pm

Towards the end of 2005 (i think) on chirstmas getting a black cube bundle with 2 controllers and a copy Mario Party 7! Its funny because before chirstmas eve i cracked it open enough to get the instruction manual out. :lol:

Good times! :D