Swiss 0.1

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
rowenback

Re: Swiss 0.1

Post by rowenback » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:01 pm

Dear all,

Is it possible to have a swiss software in a gcb format for qoob pro chip which will be launched at gamecube power up ?

Regards
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:28 pm

rowenback, totally possible - I'll add it to the list :)
kevstah2004

Post by kevstah2004 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:35 am

It reports a 1023GB HDD being connected when no HDD is attached.
Error 11 & 13 when the IDE EXI is removed.

Did you remove the displayed HDD id from rev 24 onwards? last version it pops up for me
is rev21 but even then it flicks off too fast me to read it fully, can you leave it up until "A" is pressed.

The sd card info isn't displayed when touching install option, in sd-boot you had it display that as well as how much space was left before it performed the install, "B" doesn't cancel the dump process either.

I'm able run dols placed on my FUJITSU MPC304AT 4GB HDD so I can probably run 3 games off it lol if placed on the HDD with Windows instead off dumping directly from dvd to hdd in swiss.

Could you add the ability to delete files / folders in swiss as it places
System Volume Information and RECYCLER folders on the HDD everytime I delete or add files to the HDD in Windows :ugeek:
ct_the_1

Post by ct_the_1 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:12 pm

kevstah2004 wrote:[...]The sd card info isn't displayed when touching install option, in sd-boot you had it display that as well as how much space was left before it performed the install, "B" doesn't cancel the dump process either.
The code behind the install option is commented out for now in the latest revision. So it can't actually work ;-)
kevstah2004 wrote:[...]Could you add the ability to delete files / folders in swiss as it places
System Volume Information and RECYCLER folders on the HDD everytime I delete or add files to the HDD in Windows :ugeek:
Also it would be possible, to hide hidden files.

(Actually I have edited the devicehandler-fat.c in my custom build, to hide hidden files
and also I removed the double ".." entries and the "." entry and created one "<directory up>" entry.
Then I removed the "sda:/" entry on top of the file list and can now display 9 files.)
ct_the_1 (currently very busy and rarely online)

Burbruee

Post by Burbruee » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:15 pm

Anyone tried Super Mario Sunshine yet? (NTSC)
I just tried it, and it worked but there was no music or sound effects in-game. Sound only present in videos.
So I played for a bit, intro and chasing "liquid mario" after he took the princess and then chased him into level one. As I entered, the game crashed to a black screen.

I seem to recall having the same issues with sd-boot (no sound) with the ntsc version, but I think with PAL I had no such issues. Obviously I want to play the ntsc version for 480p support.

EDIT: Oh, I just tried the same game in interlaced, and the sound is fine.. Somehow selecting "yes" to progressive mode breaks the sound with this particular game.. Not sure if that's what crashes the game later on, I don't have time right now to run through all that again and check. emu, maybe you can look into this problem if possible?

Also, am I supposed to do anything special for multi-disc games? I tried Resident Evil 1. Booted disc1 and loaded a save from disc2. It asks to switch the disc and close the lid. (disc has stopped spinning at this point) Game is never resumed.
ResidentEvil1-disc1.gcm
ResidentEvil1-disc2.gcm

Could it have something to do with the vipergc lid-sensor bypass wires or am I just forgetting something?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:05 pm

Burbruee, that's possible. Is it possible to wire up the drive directly and try?
Burbruee

Post by Burbruee » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:08 pm

Yes, I'll try it right away.

EDIT: Oh right, I just remembered. When I use the original wiring I can't execute the plugin from the bios. (or boot any discs)

Another note: When I booted Twilight Princess with auto and then selected 480p in-game the picture turned blue. But if I force 480p from swiss then everything is normal.
Last edited by Burbruee on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kevstah2004

Post by kevstah2004 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:15 pm

ct_the_1 wrote:
kevstah2004 wrote:[...]The sd card info isn't displayed when touching install option, in sd-boot you had it display that as well as how much space was left before it performed the install, "B" doesn't cancel the dump process either.
The code behind the install option is commented out for now in the latest revision. So it can't actually work ;-)
kevstah2004 wrote:[...]Could you add the ability to delete files / folders in swiss as it places
Also it would be possible, to hide hidden files.

(Actually I have edited the devicehandler-fat.c in my custom build, to hide hidden files
and also I removed the double ".." entries and the "." entry and created one "<directory up>" entry.
Then I removed the "sda:/" entry on top of the file list and can now display 9 files.)
rev29? the swiss-TEST or swiss-lz-videotest displays the HDD info as well.
some of the revisions still have sd install but hdd was removed :? at least i'm able to access it, with rev29 it just goes straight back to menu cos it's been removed.
It's ok to use sdboot 0.4 rc4 for the time being? which one had checksum support against redump.org?
kel01

Post by kel01 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:09 pm

Has anyone else tried loading Swiss from Cobra BIOS on a Viper Extreme chip?

I've tried loading it from flash memory and from the disc explorer and also sending it over USB but it just hangs and won't load.

I was hoping to load Swiss directly from the Cobra BIOS instead of running SDload first as I don't currently have a SD card adapter.

Is there any reason why it should not load directly from Cobra BIOS or could it be my chip that is faulty?
ct_the_1

Post by ct_the_1 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:23 am

It should load directly from dvd and it should load when flashed as plugin.

At which point does it "hang" ?
ct_the_1 (currently very busy and rarely online)

doktor_krotch

Post by doktor_krotch » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:54 am

You'll need to use softdev's dollz with the -v option to "fix" swiss for loading on cobra bios. Reason is that dol loading is broken in cobra. You can get dollz from the utilities section. I think you'll need a windows xp computer though, it seems to be crashing on my windows 7 one :(
kevstah2004

Post by kevstah2004 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:01 am

Can't you run it xp comp mode? it's cmd app irc.
Do batch files work in either vista or 7?

dollz3.exe untitled.dol viper.dol -v
pause
Last edited by kevstah2004 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
doktor_krotch

Post by doktor_krotch » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:08 am

Disregard that, I've just been trying to get it working for dvd/flash/usb loading on cobra and it didn't work.

re running dollz on vista/7: seems like you can run it under windows xp mode (ie the full virtual machine) on windows 7 pro, but it doesn't work on compatibility mode. Just tried it. It always gets to 99% and then crashes when it tries to write the file. This could possibly be a 64-bit issue, I have 64-bit windows 7 pro only and 32-bit xp.

I'll let you know when I have this worked out.
kevstah2004

Post by kevstah2004 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:50 am

doktor_krotch

Post by doktor_krotch » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:06 am

Damn, I was searching for that for ages. I'd given up. This should work lol.

EDIT - spoke too soon :( DOLPAK does not work.

EDIT2 - Might as well list the details of the issue, in case someone else knows how to fix it.

- Loading swiss unmodified using dvd, flash or usb on cobra 2.1 results in the cube hanging at the loading screen
- Loading swiss after it's been put through dolpak results in the same thing
- Loading swiss after it's been fixed with dollz seems to work at first but then dies in the arse with a brown fuzzy screen

I'm going to try another method now :|
kel01

Post by kel01 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:03 am

doktor_krotch wrote:You'll need to use softdev's dollz with the -v option to "fix" swiss for loading on cobra bios. Reason is that dol loading is broken in cobra. You can get dollz from the utilities section. I think you'll need a windows xp computer though, it seems to be crashing on my windows 7 one :(
I think you may be right about .dol loading being broken in Cobra. I tried loading some other .dol files with mixed results. SNES9x-IDE-EXI version and quake hang with a green screen but Pacman and tetris worked just fine.

It's a pity as it would be really good to be able to run Swiss directly from the Vipers flash memory. I really didn't plan on buying an SD card adapter.

Is there really any benifit in getting an SD card adapter if you have the IDE-EXI adapter.
Burbruee

Post by Burbruee » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:13 am

I just played Mario Party 6 in 480p on my CRT with Swiss+IDE-EXI. It worked and looked GREAT, with minimal "buzzing" noise, really nothing noticeable at all. Pretty much ran perfect. :D

kel01: Just wait, I think emu_kiddid said a couple of days ago that he is going to make a dol launcher for ide-exi which will work on cobra.
doktor_krotch

Post by doktor_krotch » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:15 pm

I gave up and booted a disc on my other cube with a xenogc. Still, pretty impressed with the quality of Swiss.

Finally tried the ide-exi adapter as well. Thanks very much for all the effort you put into your software emu_kidid.
kevstah2004

Post by kevstah2004 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:33 pm

doktor_krotch wrote:I gave up and booted a disc on my other cube with a xenogc. Still, pretty impressed with the quality of Swiss.

Finally tried the ide-exi adapter as well. Thanks very much for all the effort you put into your software emu_kidid.
co-sign he's so dedicated, I wish more folks where like him instead of being egomaniacs that's how it was with brakken at tehskeen all he ever did was bitch and moan about not getting his due's, I got tired of the same old shit day in day out and then he trys and claims innocence at the end of it all by attempting suicide, please :roll:

sorry dolpak didn't help you ahh well didn't hurt to try.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:15 pm

New in svn revision 33:
- Zelda WW on Wii support
- Add "Stop Motor" support now
- DVD Seek instead of small Read now
Kemosabe-TBC

Post by Kemosabe-TBC » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:38 pm

emu_kidid wrote:New in svn revision 33:
- Zelda WW on Wii support
- Add "Stop Motor" support now
- DVD Seek instead of small Read now
There are games (Tales of Symphonia for example) that work in the test version but don't in rev29, will they also work with rev33?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:39 pm

Yes. Don't prepatch those though (pre-patcher is going to get an overhaul soon)
yamaharacer

Post by yamaharacer » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:15 pm

just tried the new revision 33. wanted to play zelda the wind waker pal, tried the new dvd stop feature then after loading the game it says an error ocured. i should reboot my gamecube system.
Burbruee

Post by Burbruee » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:50 pm

Can you make Swiss sort A-Z? I thought it already did, but I just removed two corrupt games and recopied and they were at the bottom instead of under "M".
MrSporty

Post by MrSporty » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:15 pm

Same as yamaharacer, tried both Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

Both prepatched with pp r17. Both work fine in swiss r29 but in r33 soon after booting, both games stop the dvd and generate the error message.

Just going to try unpatched
Last edited by MrSporty on Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.