OOT in Swiss

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
andykara2003

OOT in Swiss

Post by andykara2003 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:52 am

Hi all,

I want to play Ocarina of time on the Gamecube on my 480i CRT with the vertical filter reduced (on 1 rather than the default 2). I have the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time & Master Quest bonus disk as well as the legend of zelda 4 game collectors edition disc, both of which have OOT.

I play most of my GC games loaded on Swiss with vertical filter reduced to 1. The only GC games I have that won't load on Swiss are the the to discs above that have OOT on them.

Is there any awy to get these games working with Swiss so I can lower the vertical filter on my 480i Sony Trinitron?
Extrems

Re: OOT in Swiss

Post by Extrems » Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:26 am

I'm not sure how to get them working since they already work.
Andross89

Post by Andross89 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:20 am

andykara2003 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:52 am
Hi all,

I want to play Ocarina of time on the Gamecube on my 480i CRT with the vertical filter reduced (on 1 rather than the default 2). I have the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time & Master Quest bonus disk as well as the legend of zelda 4 game collectors edition disc, both of which have OOT.

I play most of my GC games loaded on Swiss with vertical filter reduced to 1. The only GC games I have that won't load on Swiss are the the to discs above that have OOT on them.

Is there any awy to get these games working with Swiss so I can lower the vertical filter on my 480i Sony Trinitron?
Some games lose support after updates. You would need to find out which old version it is running on.

In the case of these two games, you can leave things simple to Swiss and make sure it works every time: Extract the TGC of the desired game and convert it to GCM. If even after the process you cannot start, you will need to convert the ELF to the DOL of the newly created ISO.

All the tools to do this are on this site.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:22 pm

Please do not convert TGCs to GCMs. We support them as-is.
andykara2003

Post by andykara2003 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:44 pm

Extrems wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:26 am
I'm not sure how to get them working since they already work.
Thanks Extrems, much appreciated as always.

Is it not working for me because my version of Swiss is too old? I have a 2022 version - 0.4 commit 9c7d802 rev 683. I get the error screen when I open the Legend of Zelda 4 game collectors edition off the disc. All the other games I have work except for the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time & Master Quest bonus disc.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:05 am

That is not from 2022, that's from 2019.
andykara2003

Post by andykara2003 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:29 am

Extrems wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:05 am
That is not from 2022, that's from 2019.
Thanks - just downloaded the latest version and it works perfectly. Much appreciated :)
Andross89

Post by Andross89 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:18 am

If any users have issues with Majora's Mask, which is known to have random freezes on original disc and hardware, convert the TGC and see if the issue is resolved. The other option is to play with the rumble turned off. But that second option never worked for me...

TGC and multiple DOL/ELF were poor programming choices.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:04 pm

Andross89 wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:18 am
TGC and multiple DOL/ELF were poor programming choices.
You have again no idea what you're talking about.
Diego borella

Post by Diego borella » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:17 pm

as for the collector's collection of Zelda 4 in 1.
Could someone check if the cheats are working for this game. Ocarina specifically...
here
For me the file was not found despite putting the correct nomenclature...
does not appear when pressing Y.
Anyone working on cheats for the 4 in 1 collection ????

(As for majoras. I noticed that wearing the Rabbit mask causes crashes; like changing scenery with it. If you run too hard, it crashes)
SWISS USER :geek:
Andross89

Post by Andross89 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:45 am

Serious? I am shocked that you are contrary to my opinion.

But you're right... What's wrong is most of the games that use only one Dol or Capcom that did an excellent job using the REL in the compilations...

I have to believe you. Because it's the user who doesn't pay due attention to other people's problems or updates an emulator with a known bug you created and blames the original programmer for not admitting his lack of interest in solving it.

You must have thought it crazy when the fourth James Bond game only used a DOL. It felt like the right decision in the past... Or a limitation in some ways...

Or Batman Begins which alternates between stages made by Eurocom and using Criterion's Burnout - Take Down. And, guess what? Only one DOL. Another wrong decision...

I was wrong for doing WIIRD and preferring simpler structures and avoiding the TGC process.

I'm wrong for wishing 3D classics were native. Having almost the same experience I had playing the Hudson collection.

Anyway, I already helped and you criticized as always... I don't have to go back anymore.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:28 pm

As I experienced problems with previous versions of SWISS, I can witness:
I have the Zelda collection discs in both PAL and NTSC-U version, the PAL one worked, and its backup too, while the US one didn't work from the disc, but worked from the Backup. So I suppose this bug was not multi-dol related. ;)
Extrems wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:22 pm
We support them (TGCs) as-is.
Happy to know about that, so I can free up some room on my Zelda backups SD if I don't need all the Videos, Demo, and can start them up faster?
Andross89 wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:18 am
If any users have issues with Majora's Mask, which is known to have random freezes on original disc and hardware, convert the TGC and see if the issue is resolved. The other option is to play with the rumble turned off. But that second option never worked for me...
I never had freezes, although I hadn't played much MM yet.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)