Goals for Swiss 0.4

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
q8v08

Re: Goals for Swiss 0.4

Post by q8v08 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:29 pm

Last 3 revisions or so it started to working with the bios + mc emulation too, no error screen, but it still has the missing texture the same as loadmii.
Gonna retry it with a retail apploader instead, if emukidid doesn't mind I can upload the gcm I used for others to test with the homebrew apploader.

Odd thing is when I made the gcm is it asked for a sample.dol which I set as swiss but it puts it in root folder as sample.dol, but then it seems to keep another copy of swiss as start.dol like any over retail gcm, sample.dol seems unnecessary?
alzen

Post by alzen » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:04 pm

@Streetwalker:

Not really as the main attitude of Nintendon't for me is the possibility to use HID controllers - that's why I want to boot SWISS - to be able to run GC/Wii homebrew and control it with HID controller instead of GC one.

I really like GC controllers - best I've ever used; but in HID controllers(at least some of them) the analog sticks don't break so easy. I had a few faulty GC controllers, only one or two lasting to this day but I do not have them here. I prefer to buy new good HID controller than GC one simply because they have better analog sticks, more durable.
Take a look at my YouTube channel - totally dedicated to retro shooters
novenary

Post by novenary » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:03 am

Nothing prevents you from adding USB controller support. Once you're in Wii mode everything is possible.
tueidj

Post by tueidj » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:17 am

Nintendont simply won't work with homebrew because it looks for specific patterns/functions from the gamecube SDK to patch, and homebrew doesn't use them.
alzen

Post by alzen » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:35 pm

Not being a coder prevents me from doing that :).
Take a look at my YouTube channel - totally dedicated to retro shooters
q8v08

Post by q8v08 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:32 pm

tueidj wrote:Nintendont simply won't work with homebrew because it looks for specific patterns/functions from the gamecube SDK to patch, and homebrew doesn't use them.
So it patches libraries used by the official sdk?
I guess that explains the pad reset in homebrew and action replay as it doesn't patch pad.c / pad.h
, images are loading properly so the libpng is working,
what lib does swiss use for text / font as that isn't showing up in Nintendont.

Edit: nvm
Note: Certain games try to load the IPL font and crash or don't display any font at all when the sd:/ipl.bin or usb:/ipl.bin is missing!
(i.e. FZero-GX)
ZephaniahNoah

Post by ZephaniahNoah » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:51 pm

Can you add NTSC Twilight Princess support?
EDIT: Never mind. I didn't know PAL version worked.
Last edited by ZephaniahNoah on Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
novenary

Post by novenary » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:45 pm

The pal version has perfect compatibility in Swiss, so does the NTSC Wind Waker (TP and WW share the same engine). Any issues you're experiencing ?
ZephaniahNoah

Post by ZephaniahNoah » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:03 pm

Streetwalker wrote:The pal version has perfect compatibility in Swiss, so does the NTSC Wind Waker (TP and WW share the same engine). Any issues you're experiencing ?
I have an NTSC GameCube and I thought only NTSC games would work. So I'm using the NTSC version of Twilight Princess and every time I finish adding Link's and Epona's name in, it just turns black. Will the PAL version work ok even though I'm using an NTSC GameCube?
novenary

Post by novenary » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:23 pm

Yes.
ZephaniahNoah

Post by ZephaniahNoah » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:33 pm

Streetwalker wrote:Yes.
Awesome! Thank you!
hugott

Post by hugott » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:10 pm

Hello to every one im very grateful for this because every its makind so happy i have a cuestion how a can make to work the in game reset in the options menu select igr to boot the boot.dol file i dont now if it have a combo botton like nintendont to boot again swiss 0.4 r401 thank you to all
novenary

Post by novenary » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:34 pm

The combo is B + Z + R + D-pad down. I don't think it's actually documented anywhere else than the source code.
hugott

Post by hugott » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:54 pm

Streetwalker wrote:The combo is B + Z + R + D-pad down. I don't think it's actually documented anywhere else than the source code.
Thank you so much i taste toda y i report the resulta hace a nice day to every one and thank you developers greatings from tijuana mexico
hugott

Post by hugott » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:02 am

hugott wrote:
Streetwalker wrote:The combo is B + Z + R + D-pad down. I don't think it's actually documented anywhere else than the source code.
Thank you so much i taste toda y i report the resulta hace a nice day to every one and thank you developers greatings from tijuana mexico
Hello is not doing nothing went i press the combo R+Z+B+ DPAD DOWN its not coming to swiss again por doing something just seed in the game thank you for your help un the settings on swiss i have boot.bin i download swiss 0.4 r401 and i put on the robot of sd card boot.dol i copy boot.dol again and rename to boot.bin and i have se gecko on second port memory of the gamecube thats what a have nice day.
novenary

Post by novenary » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:43 am

This feature is pretty incomplete and reloading straight to a DOL is currently not implemented, use the Reboot option if it applies to your use case or just wait till emu_kidid finishes it.
Andross89

Post by Andross89 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:25 am

I'm using Swiss and I have 2 things to say:

1 - I think you can put "done" in "Re-visit 2 disc game disc changing logic". I was able to access the levels of disk 1 and disk 2 several times of TMNT 2 without problems.

2 - When I had the XenoGC My LCD TV and CRT correctly displayed PAL 50HZ. With Swiss and Qoob Pro, PAL 50HZ Only works with CRT TV. My LCD TVs display black and white. This is not a problem because I can force NTSC 480i. Maybe there's an answer. They are the same models of gamecube (dol-001), TVs and original AV cable. Thank you.
theclaw

Post by theclaw » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:06 pm

Andross89 wrote:I'm using Swiss and I have 2 things to say:

1 - I think you can put "done" in "Re-visit 2 disc game disc changing logic". I was able to access the levels of disk 1 and disk 2 several times of TMNT 2 without problems.

2 - When I had the XenoGC My LCD TV and CRT correctly displayed PAL 50HZ. With Swiss and Qoob Pro, PAL 50HZ Only works with CRT TV. My LCD TVs display black and white. This is not a problem because I can force NTSC 480i. Maybe there's an answer. They are the same models of gamecube (dol-001), TVs and original AV cable. Thank you.
NTSC consoles have major color issues when displaying 50HZ over composite or s-video. You can force NTSC 480i, or use devices like a component cable to correct 50HZ.

If it's a PAL console, I'm stumped. I thought the color encoding format of a gamecube cannot be changed using Swiss or modchips.