Goals for Swiss 0.4

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
bearteam

Re: Goals for Swiss 0.4

Post by bearteam » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:24 am

Swiss could not apply widescreen hack and cheating at the same time. This is caused by the same problem as Apache Thunder said.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:33 am

I see, I just always expect that settings will be saved correctly, but I guess I forgot about read only devices :p
AC_Orange

Post by AC_Orange » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:16 am

emu_kidid wrote: It's been a while since you've used Swiss ;) It writes patches for games to separate files now, hehe.
But even this I'd like to change again so that it's done at run-time, so much to do :D
That's great, yeah it has :$ Gotta get back in there
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:57 pm

Little idea: This relates to in-game reset. How about an option to select a path to point to the swiss.dol file and boot back to that instead booting back to the IPL?

Getting swiss to boot on my GC is a little hard because the only method of booting it is my AR 1.14 disc and it's very scratched because of the case I left it in (a DVD movie case). I do plan on getting an SD media launcher soon to remedy this and lauch swiss from it.

Also, how about dumping the IPL to the SD?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:17 pm

Finally got off my ass and implemented the ability to return from Cheats / Settings menu. Cleaned up the device selection too.

I need to implement IGR to DOL of your choice, fix cheats, etc too.. so much to do ;)

Attachments
Clipboard01.png
(260.66 KiB) Not downloaded yet
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:44 pm

WASP ??
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:04 pm

I had forgotten all about the WASP's... are our "pre-orders" still standing?

Really excited for some new Swiss love Emu! The additions/fixes coming sound great!
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:26 pm

Ashen wrote:I had forgotten all about the WASP's... are our "pre-orders" still standing?

pre-orders still standing...just have not got around to getting em ready to ship...
working on a few things here :twisted:
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving

Image Image Image
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:34 pm

I have a question about the Viper multi-boot, is it only for DVD-R or will also work for ISO's? When I tried one on swiss it tells me invalid word at 0x1C which I see the the Viper disc's are missing C2339F3D like normal GC disc's have.

Nice device selection look too, really like it.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:33 pm

thanks, I'm still fine tuning device selection like by moving slot/speed selection to a mini expandable area when X is hit.

Multi-boot only works from DVD-R, I've never added support for it via ISO, but I guess I could later on.
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:53 pm

emu_kidid wrote:thanks, I'm still fine tuning device selection like by moving slot/speed selection to a mini expandable area when X is hit.

Multi-boot only works from DVD-R, I've never added support for it via ISO, but I guess I could later on.
Cool, but uh, I'm not suggesting too much now am I? I know you have you're work cut out for you and I hope I'm not going overboard.

I have a question about playing from an SD card:

A while back someone mentioned something about the audio stuttering and I was wondering something as I have tried the mute audio streaming/stutter but to no avail as mute audio stutter causes it to not boot the game. For PS2, OPL and ESDL are slower with USB than swiss is with SD but they have no audio issues that I've come across. Just wondering what makes the audio stutter that's all and I don't mean any offense BTW.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:34 pm

To put it simply, audio stutter comes from the fact that I make the GameCube wait until a transfer is complete rather than saying "let me know when you're complete" because the SD Gecko doesn't support DMA transfers.

I have a few more things I need to try that may eliminate stutter but we'll see if any fix it permanently (one was using really small reads but that didn't seem to make much of a difference).
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:01 pm

emu_kidid wrote:To put it simply, audio stutter comes from the fact that I make the GameCube wait until a transfer is complete rather than saying "let me know when you're complete" because the SD Gecko doesn't support DMA transfers.

I have a few more things I need to try that may eliminate stutter but we'll see if any fix it permanently (one was using really small reads but that didn't seem to make much of a difference).
I see what you mean now, thank you for the explanation. 8-)
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:10 am

try r249 when it's built in the Nightly Builds thread, I've made some advancements towards less/totally gone audio stutter from SD Gecko.
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:26 pm

emu_kidid wrote:try r249 when it's built in the Nightly Builds thread, I've made some advancements towards less/totally gone audio stutter from SD Gecko.
Great work BTW. And thanks for the great program.

I'm not sure if you're aware or not, but the latest swiss builds also appear on emucr.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:48 pm

emucr does not perform a complete build from source

Compare what they post in their "package" to what is provided in the nightly build package..
Also compare dates of files within their package...

Great for them to build something to offer, but shame on them for not providing a complete build

Image Image Image
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:04 pm

megalomaniac wrote:emucr does not perform a complete build from source

Compare what they post in their "package" to what is provided in the nightly build package..
Also compare dates of files within their package...

Great for them to build something to offer, but shame on them for not providing a complete build
Here's r248 http://www.sendspace.com/file/fmugt9
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:19 am

exactly as I have indicated...
did you even look at the files packaged in that link??

its bullshit for them to mislead people who may not be aware of their shitty packages...
and if they are unintentionally misleading people, then its even worse they are providing shit and dont know anything about it...

the link you posted says r248
but the iso's are from 2012 and so is the viper plugin and the wkf-flasher.gcm
all those files are over 1 year old...
all those files are from R174...

yet the package is labeled as R248
now imagine someone who may not be aware of this information:
such a person will download that crap package and try to use builds that are over 1 year old...
then they report the latest r2xx has an issue..when in fact the issue was resolved a long time ago but because they are using r174, they are inadvertently reporting old issues under the assumption its repeating in r2xxx

....do yourself a favor and stay away from those builds...

Image Image Image
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:01 pm

megalomaniac wrote:exactly as I have indicated...
did you even look at the files packaged in that link??

its bullshit for them to mislead people who may not be aware of their shitty packages...
and if they are unintentionally misleading people, then its even worse they are providing shit and dont know anything about it...

the link you posted says r248
but the iso's are from 2012 and so is the viper plugin and the wkf-flasher.gcm
all those files are over 1 year old...
all those files are from R174...

yet the package is labeled as R248
now imagine someone who may not be aware of this information:
such a person will download that crap package and try to use builds that are over 1 year old...
then they report the latest r2xx has an issue..when in fact the issue was resolved a long time ago but because they are using r174, they are inadvertently reporting old issues under the assumption its repeating in r2xxx

....do yourself a favor and stay away from those builds...
Okay dude no need to get upset, I did see that the the ISO and other files are over a year old. I'm assuming they don't ask people but instead just compile them without permission.

Just got the r249 from here BTW.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:10 pm

not upset..
just stating all the information to understand why / how their builds are not correctly packaged..
..and the effects those packages can cause

Image Image Image
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:32 pm

megalomaniac wrote:not upset..
just stating all the information to understand why / how their builds are not correctly packaged..
..and the effects those packages can cause
Oh, okay. Well I'll make sure to get swiss from here from now on.
lucky77

Post by lucky77 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:48 am

Sorry for posting my ideas on this thread, too, but maybe I am not the only one who would like to see this in swiss v0.4?
Maybe through this thread I can raise the demand?

1.) Save global and current game settings to built-in flash memory of qoob Pro

2.) Make swiss the primary/only BIOS on a qoob Pro chip or force autostarting swiss at boot

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. :?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:07 am

no inconvenience caused, the more reminders the better :p
badsector

Post by badsector » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:02 am

Since you already want to support the game banners, why not adding an option to allow showing the internal game name?
Maybe a fourth configuration page would be nice with the following GUI options:
- show game banner and file extension icons [yes/no]
- show internal game name [yes/no] (no will show file names for ISOs, other files always show the file name)
- show internal game comment/info text below internal game name [yes/no]
- show game region as little PAL/NTSC icon [yes/no]
- show hidden files [yes/no] (I know it is already on your list ^^)
- show file size [yes/no]
- hide Memory Card/WODE/DVD/QOOB/etc. icon [yes/no] (One option for every single device that can be mounted/opened, maybe on an extra configuration page. There are just too many devices that I will never need, but they show up.)

Other suggestions:
- the Fusion modchips (and maybe the WODE, too) don't return any info of the SD card (free mem, total mem, etc.), so why don't just turn off those numbers when selecting on of those devices?
- replacing menu arrows ("<-" and "->") with real graphics
- when using the Fusion modchips, read and write the swiss.ini from and to a gecko inside slot B, because writing is not possible on those devices (maybe make this configurable)
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:42 pm

Thanks for the list. The total mem/free mem I am planning to implement on most devices, just haven't got around to it yet.