How To Boot DOL From Memcard Swiss 0.3

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
47iscool

How To Boot DOL From Memcard Swiss 0.3

Post by 47iscool » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:09 am

I Used The dol2gci Utility To Convert The GCOS 1.5 DOL To A GCI, So I Could Launch It With Swiss And I Get A "Exception DSI Error Occurred",,I Use The Samson's AR Loader To Boot Swiss 0.3 From DVD-R,But I'm Out Of Mini-DVD-R's At The Moment,But I Want To Try GCOS For Myself,Swiss Checks The Disc 4 Times,On The 5th Check It Initializes The DVD-R,I Also Use GCMM On My Wii To Import The DOL GCI File,Please Any Advice Would Be Great,Is There Any Tool That Will Copy A DOL To A Memory Card,Sort Of Like FMCB For PS2,Swiss 0.3 Says Only GCI Files Are Allowed On A Memcard,By The Way, I Am Using A DOL-001 USA Gamecube.
Last edited by 47iscool on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andzlay

Re: How To Boot DOL From Memacrd Swiss 0.3

Post by andzlay » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:24 pm

/ban :roll:
pr0ton

Post by pr0ton » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:14 pm

What is your native language, haha.
DOL-001&DOL-101 <- PAL
AC_Orange

Post by AC_Orange » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:31 pm

You can have a few days to rewrite this properly before anyone will even attempt to help :roll:
47iscool

Re: How To Boot DOL From Memcard Swiss 0.3

Post by 47iscool » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:47 pm

It's Called A Typo,Not Sure If Any Of You Ever Heard Of It,No Need To Want To Ban Someone Because Of A Little Mistake,No Need To Be Rude To A New Member Either,My Native Language Is English,So Stop Trying To Be Sarcastic,Maybe I Should Have Went Somewhere Else To Ask This Question,A Place That Isn't Rude To New Members Or Make Fun Of Them A Simple Typing Mistake,I Know All Of You Understand My Question,But Decide Not To Answer Just Because The Typing Wasn't "Perfect".
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:02 am

what you wrote is just a bit hard to read...

why are you trying to convert gcos into a gci?
once you load swiss, cant you just use swiss to load gcos.dol via sd gecko?
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:52 am

I Don't Have A SD Gecko,Everywhere I Look They Are Sold Out Or Too Expensive.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:21 am

emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving

Image Image Image
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:34 am

Thanks,I Might Just Get That,Been Wanting One For A While,Will Have To Put Some Cash On A Pre-Paid Card Sometime.
siphoned

Post by siphoned » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:51 am

Wait, your using the samson loader and you want to try GCOS? Is that what your saying? Sorry if I misunderstood.

GCOS 1.5 comes as a gci version already. Use that one so you already know its good. I think you can download it right here in the GCOS teaser pack in the loaders/dumpers section. That way you know you didn't make a mistake with the dol2gci program. Send it to the memory card as a gci, same way you loaded the samson installer. Than just boot GCOS from the memory card with the AR disc. You don't need swiss at all to run GCOS if your already running the samson loader. Or maybe I didn't understand the question. Just trying to help.
andzlay

Post by andzlay » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:22 am

Yo "47iscool" are you using capslock and get autofixed by the forum software or do you think it's correct to spell every word with a capital letter? It's really hard to read it then either way. That's all I wanted to point out :D Maybe also the missing space after a comma :geek:
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:58 am

andzlay wrote:Yo "47iscool" are you using capslock and get autofixed by the forum software or do you think it's correct to spell every word with a capital letter? It's really hard to read it then either way. That's all I wanted to point out :D Maybe also the missing space after a comma :geek:
I Just Prefer A Capital Letter On Each Word, You Are The Second Person To Point That Out.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:16 am

but not the second one to think it

:)

Image Image Image
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:58 pm

siphoned wrote:Wait, your using the samson loader and you want to try GCOS? Is that what your saying? Sorry if I misunderstood.

GCOS 1.5 comes as a gci version already. Use that one so you already know its good. I think you can download it right here in the GCOS teaser pack in the loaders/dumpers section. That way you know you didn't make a mistake with the dol2gci program. Send it to the memory card as a gci, same way you loaded the samson installer. Than just boot GCOS from the memory card with the AR disc. You don't need swiss at all to run GCOS if your already running the samson loader. Or maybe I didn't understand the question. Just trying to help.
I downloaded the "ar dvd-r loader" from eurasia,used my wii to write the 512kb memory card dump with ctr-gcs,start up the ar
then select Action Replay as game Open/Close lid then insert ar,disc stops then insert dvd-r with swiss burned on it,& swiss 0.3 comes up, it says you can boot a "dol" from the memory card slot,one that has been converted to gci,for some reason though,every time I try start it(GCOS1.5.dol as gci )it says "Exception DSI an error has occurred", swiss 0.3 also freezes when trying to access memory card in slot B.
siphoned

Post by siphoned » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:06 am

I see. The AR dvdr loader uses that anaconda exploit. The one that goes straight to swap mode and you have to listen/watch for the disc to stop spinning or watch for the LED to flash. The samson loader I've used in the past works a little different, it goes to a menu of the dols on the memory card after opening/closing the lid. Stopping on that menu lets you choose what dol you want to load. So GCOS could be loaded from that point without using the memory card to boot a disc and back again. Looks like I can't be of any help to you after all. Sending GCOS to the memory card (like I said before) won't do any good if you never get to see the load menu. I did try to use swiss to load from device:memory card with the gcos dol on it and it freezes up on me. I never used swiss to read from memory card before, didn't even know it was listed in the device menu before now. Anyways, you might be out of luck until you get some more blank dvdr discs or a sd adapter. Good luck man.
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:12 am

Well i will most likely get that SD adapter that megalomaniac pointed out, Thanks anyway, There are two gamecubes at my house, Mine which is an early purple DOL-001 & my dad's silver one which is a DOL-101, After booting a disc with anaconda on the DOL-101 it shows a disc read error with EVERY game(works about 2 minutes), But with swiss 0.3 I ran a game(NFSUG2)(I use Ritek G04 DVD-R) at least 15 minutes with no errors, I already know the GameCube was never meant to read standard DVD-ROM's, So the loaders use debug commands with the drive, It's really ashamed Nintendo had to be rude with the later Wii's(I have one of the rare red Mario 25th anniversary models) & sadly no DVD-R's will work on it, I do use Dios Mios but, I am the kind that prefers to see what all a console can really do, Does anyone know if there are any modchips that would force a LU32 Wii to read A DVD-R?, And i already know about Laser POT adjustment.
Dragoon

Post by Dragoon » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:46 am

47iscool wrote:Well i will most likely get that SD adapter that megalomaniac pointed out, Thanks anyway, There are two gamecubes at my house, Mine which is an early purple DOL-001 & my dad's silver one which is a DOL-101, After booting a disc with anaconda on the DOL-101 it shows a disc read error with EVERY game(works about 2 minutes), But with swiss 0.3 I ran a game(NFSUG2)(I use Ritek G04 DVD-R) at least 15 minutes with no errors, I already know the GameCube was never meant to read standard DVD-ROM's, So the loaders use debug commands with the drive, It's really ashamed Nintendo had to be rude with the later Wii's(I have one of the rare red Mario 25th anniversary models) & sadly no DVD-R's will work on it, I do use Dios Mios but, I am the kind that prefers to see what all a console can really do, Does anyone know if there are any modchips that would force a LU32 Wii to read A DVD-R?, And i already know about Laser POT adjustment.
This looks like a POT problem to me, you should try to use a lower or higher setting.
Too low can cause it too fail since it's too precise, too high can fail since it's not precise enough.
Nasty little thing these POT's.
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:47 am

To be honest, I don't have a gamebit screwdriver to open a GameCube, I have already messed up one GameCube a few years back(my stupidity) & the worst part is, It was a Christmas gift from my parents to me & my brother, I still feel very bad about, I'm not going to chance destroying another one, I thought i could "hotswap" a normal DVD for a DVD-R, I know better than that now, Because i know the GameCube laser has a different DVD seed scrambling type, Like i said though, The silver one (DOL-101 2004 Rare platinum) works fine with swiss 0.3, No read errors whatsoever.

No worries though, my dad just ordered that SD adapter, thanks a lot for giving me that link megalomaniac.
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:52 am

Okay got it, took 3 weeks but it's here! thanks Megalomaniac for the suggestion! It works perfect.
Diminuendo

Post by Diminuendo » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:52 am

Just gonna say it's a LOT easier to read what you write than when you started this topic. All you have to do now if figure out how commas, fullstops and capital letters work and you'll be set.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:57 am

or you can add a lot of periods after each sentence type of structure....

and a lot of spaces between each sentence like i do.....

Image Image Image
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:47 am

I'd prefer conventional grammar, thanks.
Hardware: Wii (PAL)
Hardware configuration: System Menu 4.1E, Priiloader
Swiss boot method: Modified Wii Swiss Booter provided by Extrems
Software medium: Retail discs
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:02 pm

Close please.
Diminuendo

Post by Diminuendo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:35 am

lol
Sketcz

Post by Sketcz » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:28 am

An ancient bump, but... I see Samson's AR Loader being mentioned. Does anyone have this?

I cannot find it online where!