Failed to create config file!

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
Blargaman91

Failed to create config file!

Post by Blargaman91 » Tue May 21, 2013 8:56 pm

I have been trying to load Swiss 0.2 from my WKF no my PAL GC, because any loadable ISO in the 0.3 zip file hangs at Init Wiikey Fusion for me. I've wired an SD slot to slot B and inserted a blank 4GB Toshiba class 4 SDHC card, formatted FAT32. Now, when Swiss 0.2 loads, it says it's reading from slot B for a very long time then just quits back to the menu. If I select SD Gecko from that menu, it tries to read slot B again, this time ending in "Failed to create config file!" This is my main problem now, because I can't use SD Gecko at all with Swiss now.

I did take the wires off the SD slot and solder them to a memory card to ensure that the GC reads it, and it does, so there shouldn't be a problem with my wiring on the motherboard's side.
megalomaniac

Re: Failed to create config file!

Post by megalomaniac » Tue May 21, 2013 9:11 pm

use swiss 0.3 and do the SD swap technique:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT9XU4m58ZM&t=05m10s
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
Blargaman91

Post by Blargaman91 » Wed May 22, 2013 2:26 pm

I tried my best to follow this guide, but the farthest I got was flashing Swiss. After that I took the FAT32 SD card out of the Wiikey slot and inserted it into Mem slot B. I navigated to the SD Gecko icon to click on it and select slot B and, of course, it still told me it couldn't create the configuration file. It didn't just flash that message as it would if it thought no card was inserted, but it said "reading SD card from slot B" for a very long time then told me it couldn't create that file. Do I need to get this config file elsewhere and it'll somehow work then...? I don't get this.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Wed May 22, 2013 8:20 pm

it almost sounds like you boot up the GC with an empty SD Gecko adapter in the slot...

if so, remove the adapter power everything up, load swiss, remove the SD card....
...THEN
insert the card into the SD Gecko adapter
...THEN
insert the SDGecko into the GC
...THEN
navigate to the SD Gecko icon in swiss to read the contents of the card
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving

Image Image Image
LOCtronicz

Post by LOCtronicz » Thu May 23, 2013 7:36 am

Make sure you sd gecko slot is working. I had the same problem. After I used another new sd gecko it was working. It seems the connections on the sdcard were not properly soldered.
Interested in more of my projects?? Check my facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001843721188

Or email me at loctronics@gmail.com with your request.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Thu May 23, 2013 7:58 am

right...
also could be the gecko adapter itself...add tape to the inside bottom of the case to tighten PCB contact with the pins

Image Image Image
cu_long_than

Post by cu_long_than » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:52 am

I have the same problem with swiss 0.3 and wiikey. I copy all folder in swiss-0.3-r174 folder to sd card and run swiss.dol in DOL folder and it's notice "Failed to create config file!". Do I must do something before run the swiss.dol file?