Swiss Nightly Build

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
keropi

Re: Swiss Nightly Build

Post by keropi » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:22 pm

^ awesome!!! now we wait for the 1st post to get updated :D
will this release also attempt the fix the wkf slot SD card space info as well?

btw, since it just occured to me, how about a scrollbar in the right side of the games list? (so you can have a visual indication of where you are at the list)
Or making the background of the selected item color cycle (would be a cool amiga-like effect :mrgreen: )
not that any of the two are really important, but that color-cycling would be sexy :D
tesla246

Post by tesla246 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:18 pm

Damnit emu_kidid, you're a beast. :D
Dream mod: HI-speed port device utilizing 4:4:4 RGB 32 bit colour, 720p video and variable refresh rate. :shock:
Favourite mod: GC Loader flashed with latest swiss.
Eagerly awaiting a normal, form-factor wise, wireless controller with rumble. :)
iamdablasta

Post by iamdablasta » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:55 pm

emu_kidid wrote: - extensions hidden for most known file types
Sweet, you're the best! (around)
the game
MarSAttK

Post by MarSAttK » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:32 pm

Great updates, specially de SVN revision!
Thanks emu!!
mautheus

Post by mautheus » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:17 pm

I have a wkf with firmware 1.3 and after loading the. iso Swiss R265 (ntsc) it gets stuck on the screen saying Init Wii Key Fusion. Any tips to help me?
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:27 pm

mautheus wrote:I have a wkf with firmware 1.3 and after loading the. iso Swiss R265 (ntsc) it gets stuck on the screen saying Init Wii Key Fusion. Any tips to help me?
remove the WBFS SD card from the WKF slot and insert a fat32 card....
must do the swap after GC reboots, but before swiss starts up..or just wait till after swiss starts up and then insert the SD card and attempt to read.
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
mautheus

Post by mautheus » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:31 pm

megalomaniac wrote:
mautheus wrote:I have a wkf with firmware 1.3 and after loading the. iso Swiss R265 (ntsc) it gets stuck on the screen saying Init Wii Key Fusion. Any tips to help me?
remove the WBFS SD card from the WKF slot and insert a fat32 card....
must do the swap after GC reboots, but before swiss starts up..or just wait till after swiss starts up and then insert the SD card and attempt to read.
Thanks for your help.
However, in the info screen I noticed that the Swiss did not detect my BBA and therefore no IP address. Who has BBA could check it and report.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:56 pm

BBA is disabled until it's fixed in libOGC or until megalomaniac and I start using custom libOGC (probably the latter).
siphoned

Post by siphoned » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:11 pm

Game logos on the game selection menu! Right.... nightly builds. OK. Time to update my WKF. Yeah, how do I do that again?

Originally, I loaded the swiss flasher dol and swapped an SD card real fast and loaded the fzn from a gecko. .... or something like that, mega has a video on that. But I don't need all that because I already have swiss (r214 10FW) autobooting on my WKF. So I just need to UPDATE my swiss thats already on my WKF. So...

do I load the swiss flasher dol from WKF and than load the fzn from the gecko?

and I don't need to load the fzn fw again, is that right?

Can't be that easy. I probably missed some good posts on how to update the swiss on a WKF.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:39 pm

I'll post a quick video follow up soon

edit: forget making a video, faster to post comments

note: swissflasher.dol is not required anymore since the flashing functions have been incorporated into swiss itself. So any current version of swiss can be used to update the swiss menu or load swiss as initial iso (swiss on flash)

quick instructions:
IF you already have swiss on flash then all you need is the FZN to update to the latest version of swiss (menu)
the FZN can be loaded from WKF/WASP slot or Gecko slot

IF you do not already have swiss on flash then refer to video for full instruction
FZN for menu, FZN.FW for Autoboot
Autoboot firmware can only be flashed from SD Gecko only
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving

Image Image Image
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:23 pm

r268 posted
fixes card capacity values for WKF / WASP slot

Image Image Image
waats

Post by waats » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:44 pm

Thank you for your updates.
But I still have my Baten Kaitos Origin (NTSC) bug.
Disk 1 is recognized as Disk 2 on my SDML, PAL GC.

I use the latest Swiss Revision.
Thanks for considering my request.
Plastic

Post by Plastic » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:26 am

emu_kidid wrote:BBA is disabled until it's fixed in libOGC or until megalomaniac and I start using custom libOGC (probably the latter).
What features would the BBA have in Swiss if it was enabled?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:37 am

For now it was just serving a http page on the IP address assigned to it that allowed it to dump a disc or the IPL.

I'm planning on adding samba browsing support as well as the ability to stream games over it.
mautheus

Post by mautheus » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:47 am

emu_kidid wrote:For now it was just serving a http page on the IP address assigned to it that allowed it to dump a disc or the IPL.

I'm planning on adding samba browsing support as well as the ability to stream games over it.
How would say Mortal Kombat: Flawless Victory, Perfect... kkk
b0rtht

Post by b0rtht » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:40 pm

Hello I am new here but I have been using swiss since the first versions.
I have problems with the latest builds, at least r265, r267 and r268. With r260, for example, everything is working.
I use SD Gecko with AR.
The problem is, after loading swiss (r268) I swap the SD card because the card I use to load swiss is very small. The two SDHC cards that I have do not work at all now, stuck in Reading SD in slot. I have to take out the card or wait a long time for going back to the device selection screen.
I tried swapping to a normal SD 2GB card and it works but only in Slot A.

With r260 everything is working. I have not tried with r261-r264 versions so don't know exactly when something changed.

Strange, I searched on the internet and found these swiss builds compiled in other site, and they are working, but these do not have the same files and there are differencies, for example, in the r268 from that site the svn revision number is not showed. It shows "Rev: " and blank space so I think they are not the same.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:43 pm

Use the latest from the nightly builds thread here only, since these get some testing at least. The long pause means that the GameCube couldn't detect anything in the SDGecko slot, or do you have an empty SDGecko inserted?
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:03 pm

b0rtht wrote: Strange, I searched on the internet and found these swiss builds compiled in other site, and they are working, but these do not have the same files and there are differencies, for example, in the r268 from that site the svn revision number is not showed. It shows "Rev: " and blank space so I think they are not the same.

if you look close, the dates of the files included in those other full distribution packages are 2yrs old :shock:

Image Image Image
b0rtht

Post by b0rtht » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:07 am

Yes, just noticed that. I will not use their files then because I doubt they are well compiled.

No, the SDgecko is not empty. It happens with any sdhc card. These cards work with earlier versions (at least r260 and previous) with some refreshing problem but working and loading from slot B.
With r268 I am only able to load the same sd card I use for loading homebrew from both slots and another standard sd card only from slot A but not always (sometimes hangs at reading filesystem info with this card but works with earlier versions).

I'm going to try with another standard sd card I have somewhere now.
Edit: Doesn't work, it is like is not being detected in both slots but works in r260.
siphoned

Post by siphoned » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:53 am

Updated my WKF to r268. Loaded into WKF menu and than switched over to the gecko for the fzn file. Updated easy as can be. All good. Thanks!

The game logo pictures are wonderful. It reads and shows the space info for the WKF sd card just fine. I NOW have all full clean iso files made from my game discs and my SD card doesn't stop working as it gets full (as I said in the other thread). I can pack the card full and it works great. Launched a few games just to test and played a few hours on Chaos Field and Spirits & Spells. Full size iso files..... new swiss..... all good.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:23 am

swiss_r272 released

recommend for everyone who uses swiss on flash to update firmware since this version includes quite a few enhancements added over the last few revisions specifically for WKF/WASP

Image Image Image
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:39 am

er....maybe 273
hang on

Image Image Image
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:51 am

Sexual. Thanks guys!
keropi

Post by keropi » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:16 pm

Ashen wrote:Sexual. Thanks guys!
QFT :mrgreen:
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:48 pm

I know you can boot a different revision of Swiss if you use an SD card with your GameCube to read from. How would you accomplish this on a Wii that boots Swiss through a booter?
Hardware: Wii (PAL)
Hardware configuration: System Menu 4.1E, Priiloader
Swiss boot method: Modified Wii Swiss Booter provided by Extrems
Software medium: Retail discs