Swiss Nightly Build

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
novenary

Re: Swiss Nightly Build

Post by novenary » Thu May 07, 2015 8:06 pm

Just give him some time. ;)

Btw I'm reasking cause the question got burried, does the SD gecko backend use DMA ?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu May 07, 2015 11:01 pm

No DMA (yet), that'd require hardware...
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Thu May 07, 2015 11:04 pm

emu_kidid wrote:No DMA (yet), that'd require hardware...
cats out the bag
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
novenary

Post by novenary » Fri May 08, 2015 7:25 am

I see. ^.^
Deesaa

Post by Deesaa » Thu May 28, 2015 10:33 am

I think i bricked wkf,by flashing swiss.fzn Pal from wkf slot ,now IT Just hangs on Nintendo gamecube screen,Please,is this reversable,is it bricked,Please help,Please.
DerGali

Post by DerGali » Thu May 28, 2015 5:37 pm

Yes it is download the wiikey Fusion recovery image
tesla246

Post by tesla246 » Thu May 28, 2015 8:51 pm

Just a quick question i've been thinking of lately:

Is it possible to build Ralph's cheats/codes into swiss? In particular the widescreen codes, would it be possible to add each game-specific code into swiss, thus enabling widescreen without bugs/side effects? Just a thought I had.
Dream mod: HI-speed port device utilizing 4:4:4 RGB 32 bit colour, 720p video and variable refresh rate. :shock:
Favourite mod: GC Loader flashed with latest swiss.
Eagerly awaiting a normal, form-factor wise, wireless controller with rumble. :)
novenary

Post by novenary » Thu May 28, 2015 9:07 pm

It would be nice to maintain a community cheat db for Swiss... once cheats are fixed. :P
Deesaa

Post by Deesaa » Thu May 28, 2015 9:36 pm

DerGali wrote:Yes it is download the wiikey Fusion recovery image
i downloaded the recovery image 1.2, but i dont have a wii to recover my wkf chip?
what are the options,if i may ask?? thanks
titaniumlz

Post by titaniumlz » Fri May 29, 2015 6:31 am

Hi guys, new here, well obviously :P

I've only recently started using swiss through my SDML. I've got the latest swiss through OP, and my issue is, when loading a game and forcing 480p, it ignores it and shows me the 480i message instead. Tried 576p and I get 576i instead too. Is it an issue with the swiss version I'm using? Or is it because I'm using a PAL GC?
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Fri May 29, 2015 6:47 am

titaniumlz wrote:Hi guys, new here, well obviously :P

I've only recently started using swiss through my SDML. I've got the latest swiss through OP, and my issue is, when loading a game and forcing 480p, it ignores it and shows me the 480i message instead. Tried 576p and I get 576i instead too. Is it an issue with the swiss version I'm using? Or is it because I'm using a PAL GC?
quick check: do you have a component cable?
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving

Image Image Image
titaniumlz

Post by titaniumlz » Fri May 29, 2015 8:26 am

megalomaniac wrote:
quick check: do you have a component cable?
I have a scart cable going through this: http://www.amazon.com/CKITZE-BG-460-Sys ... scart+hdmi.

So I'm guessing even though I have that setup I still can't get 480p through since it's outputting from the analogue output on the GC and not the digital one?
novenary

Post by novenary » Fri May 29, 2015 8:31 am

That's correct.
titaniumlz

Post by titaniumlz » Fri May 29, 2015 9:07 am

Ah, snap.

DerGali

Post by DerGali » Fri May 29, 2015 10:35 pm

Deesaa wrote:
i downloaded the recovery image 1.2, but i dont have a wii to recover my wkf chip?
No wii needed follow the instructions and you get back into wkf firmware
Deesaa

Post by Deesaa » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:46 pm

DerGali wrote:
Deesaa wrote:
No wii needed follow the instructions and you get back into wkf firmware
OK,but i have a problem because i cant get to the ipl menu,i cant load swiss at all,i made an sd gecko,and themessage says the object cant be used in slot b,BUT,i bought new wiikey fusion chip,with firmware 1.0 on it,so to ask: can i load swiss,then hot-swap working chip with the bricked one,and then run the recovery iso??

Because,now its not possible to enter the gamecube,it just sticks to the nintendo gamecube logo as soon as i power it on(with the sd card in wiikey sd slot),and without sd card,it goes into the gamecube menus,but i cant load homebrew in any way(because sd gecko isnt recognized at all(object cant be used in slot b)??
Any way with new wiikey fusion to recover a bricked one ,on same gc??thanks
novenary

Post by novenary » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:30 pm

It's normal that it shows this message. The IPL doesn't support SD cards. If you want to boot homebrew you'll need another way to do this (xeno or IPL replacement in a GameCube, or a hacked Wii).
Deesaa

Post by Deesaa » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:13 pm

Streetwalker wrote:It's normal that it shows this message. The IPL doesn't support SD cards. If you want to boot homebrew you'll need another way to do this (xeno or IPL replacement in a GameCube, or a hacked Wii).
i get it now,ok,thanks,just to ask,can i boot homebrew by wiikey fusion(the working one), and then swap it,with the bricked one,and run recovery??thank you
novenary

Post by novenary » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:48 pm

That should work, provided that it's just a soft brick.
DerGali

Post by DerGali » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:23 pm

Lets Order thing up.
First Lets try to recover your wiikey Fusion. The other one is not needed at the Moment.
Is saw that the readme is gone in the eurasia recovery download. So here are the easy steps which should recover your wiikey fusion:
Download recovery iso from here
http://www.eurasia.nu/mirrors/wiikey_fu ... loads.html
Now download the tool win32 diskimager if you use windows http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/
Start win32imager and write the recovery iso directly to the sd card. No formating no wbfs stuff.
Now insert the sd card into wiikey fusion and fire it up. Now you should get back into ipl and Start the recovery tool.

The second wiikey fusion with firmware 1.0 can not Start gamecube isos from wbfs if i remember correctly so you need to update it First to 1.5 or something like that before you downgrade it with swiss again which can be started with a swiss iso installed via wbfs Manager on a sd card.

Very complicated stuff :-)
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:08 am

DerGali wrote:Lets Order thing up.
First Lets try to recover your wiikey Fusion. The other one is not needed at the Moment.
Is saw that the readme is gone in the eurasia recovery download. So here are the easy steps which should recover your wiikey fusion:
Now download the tool win32 diskimager if you use windows http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/
Start win32imager and write the recovery iso directly to the sd card. No formating no wbfs stuff.
Now insert the sd card into wiikey fusion and fire it up. Now you should get back into ipl and Start the recovery tool.

The second wiikey fusion with firmware 1.0 can not Start gamecube isos from wbfs if i remember correctly so you need to update it First to 1.5 or something like that before you downgrade it with swiss again which can be started with a swiss iso installed via wbfs Manager on a sd card.

have you tested this version of win32diskimager ??

Image Image Image
DerGali

Post by DerGali » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:37 am

I know that sourceforge is not that trustworthy at the moment, but i installed it right now and it looks ok (no spyware etc.). Its the official Project site. I should say, that you need to run the tool as adminstrator (right click on the startmenu icon).
Deesaa

Post by Deesaa » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:40 pm

DerGali wrote:Lets Order thing up.

I know im iritating and annoying with this, i tried it the first time i posted, but my problem is that i cant get into the ipl,because gamecube freezes at the boot logo,as soon as i turn it on (WITH THE RECOVERY ISO IN THE WKF SD SLOT),or any card with or without any data.
The only way i can get into ipl, is without sd card in the wkf sd slot,and if i try to plug sd card after it enters the ipl,then it cant find any iso,or bootable image,or anything i throw at it (including the recovery).
It just seems that i bricked it in a strange way,therefore i asked can i do the very wkf chip hot-swap,not sd card hot-swap(load swiss from new wkf 1.0,USING SD CARD HOT-SWAP, then when it boots to swiss,UNPLUG THE GOOD WKF, AND PLUG THE BRICKED ONE,AND THEN RUN RECOVERY,FROM EITHER SD GECKO,OR WKF SD CARD(IF IT COULD READ IT) ?
SORRY ONCE AGAIN,I HAVET EXPLAINED IT WELL,I CAN MAKE A VIDEO IF IT IS NEEDED?
THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN.
novenary

Post by novenary » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:18 pm

Hold A during the boot animation to enter the IPL. Also the recovery ISO doesn't behave the same way as a regular wbfs card.
Deesaa

Post by Deesaa » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:54 pm

Streetwalker wrote:Hold A during the boot animation to enter the IPL. Also the recovery ISO doesn't behave the same way as a regular wbfs card.
Tried it,just freezes,when it starts to spin(LOGO), the sound freezes too,doh,
thanks anyway