Swiss Nightly Build

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
toadhall

Re: Swiss Nightly Build

Post by toadhall » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:53 pm

Apologies if this has been noted before. I very rarely post here but thought I should put a note about a problem I found with SDLOADER.BIN.

I'm still using the old code method of loading Swiss with Action Replay and decided to recently update the version of Swiss I've had on my SD card since I last updated it on 2016. Old, yes, but it worked. I went from r376 to r451. However, after updating Swiss just wouldn't boot. Hit a black screen every time. Apparently SDLOADER.BIN been's broken since r430. r429 is the last version that still works for me so that's what I've settled on using.

Anyways, thought you should know, just in case.
Streetwalker

Post by Streetwalker » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:42 am

Weird, there are no changes from 429 to 430 that should affect that.
toadhall

Post by toadhall » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:48 am

Well, I dunno. Maybe it's not SDLOADER.BIN at all? Perhaps it's Swiss itself.
Jweeber

Post by Jweeber » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:51 am

Hey gang just wanted to report in that the horizontal scaling feature recently introduced in the latest rev has done wonders to fill the entire screen of my early generation "4K'" (2160p max) Sharp brand TV. Before this the TV wouldn't scale the native 640x480 signal to fill the entire 16:9 screen. I'm happy to report your collective efforts have proven successful for me! Thank you.

I'm using the second revision of the ZXP hdmi adapter (yeah I know the digital port connector is less than optimal) with the badass consoles wasp/wbk drive replacement solution (super high quality, btw) flashed with swiss ntsc-u r464.7 using horizontal filter set to 720px. The hdmi adapter has been set to identify the signal as 16:9 and my TV's viewing options have been set to stretch.

Please bear in mind my testing was not super deep but the initial results are exactly what I was hoping for and make me regard this feature as a significant milestone for convincing my TV the cube is putting out a signal worthy of filling the entire screen.

Thank you and long live the gamecube!
Andross89

Post by Andross89 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:33 am

The new version of Swiss can not start Resident Evil 0. Since version 440 this problem persists. This game always worked well. And it was one of the few disk swapping worked perfectly. I recommend using version 431 if any game does not work.