Swiss Nightly Build

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Swiss Nightly Build

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:07 pm

it sounds to me like your memory card has issues, get another.
szczuru

Post by szczuru » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:32 pm

emu_kidid wrote:it sounds to me like your memory card has issues, get another.
You're sure? For me it looks like 0.2 mess with 0.3 (i'm booting 0.3 from SD using 0.2 from DVD). I'll burn 0.3 ASAP and test - if everything will be ok that will mean 0.2 do some shitty things...
kathy

Post by kathy » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:35 am

When compressed, do any of the Mario Party games besides 4 work well on the latest version?
I'm using a Gamecube with the SDLoader disc.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:56 am

Swiss doesn't support compressed games, I believe you mean "shrunk" whereby games have their files repositioned. Try them I guess, but I don't see why not if you use a proper Shrinking util.
iamdablasta

Post by iamdablasta » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:08 am

emu_kidid wrote:Swiss doesn't support compressed games, I believe you mean "shrunk" whereby games have their files repositioned. Try them I guess, but I don't see why not if you use a proper Shrinking util.
Shrinking works fine for me.
the game
kathy

Post by kathy » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:51 pm

emu_kidid wrote:Swiss doesn't support compressed games, I believe you mean "shrunk" whereby games have their files repositioned. Try them I guess, but I don't see why not if you use a proper Shrinking util.
I was referring to a compressed ISO. Unfortunately none of my other microSD cards are supported, as they're too big (8 gb), not supported (SDXHC), or just plain not supported for whatever reason.
I wish it weren't too hard to find a good card.
novenary

Post by novenary » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:18 pm

Swiss supports any type of card. Only SDML is limited to 4GB/standard SDs. Once you're in Swiss you can use your 8GB's, or even your awesome 128GB SDXC.
iamdablasta

Post by iamdablasta » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:26 am

kathy wrote:
I was referring to a compressed ISO. Unfortunately none of my other microSD cards are supported, as they're too big (8 gb), not supported (SDXHC), or just plain not supported for whatever reason.
I wish it weren't too hard to find a good card.
I bought a kingston SDHC 32gb class 4 yesterday and works like a charm ;)
Just remember to defrag the shiz, fixed all my issues.
the game
kathy

Post by kathy » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:32 pm

Streetwalker wrote:Swiss supports any type of card. Only SDML is limited to 4GB/standard SDs. Once you're in Swiss you can use your 8GB's, or even your awesome 128GB SDXC.
It doesn't support all of them, at least according to the compatibility wiki page.
I just tested with my Samsung SD card this morning, and when I try to load it in Swiss, it just doesn't work. It just displays whatever was on the original microSD.
novenary

Post by novenary » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:36 pm

Indeed. But I was referring to the type, not brand. So check for the card brand and make sure it's said to be compatible on that page. ;)
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:58 pm

@kathy
sounds like you are loading swiss, swapping the SD card, and the contents of the new card are not updating on screen...
this is not an SD card compatibility issue, its a swap bug issue in swiss.
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
kathy

Post by kathy » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:38 pm

Streetwalker wrote:Swiss supports any type of card. Only SDML is limited to 4GB/standard SDs. Once you're in Swiss you can use your 8GB's, or even your awesome 128GB SDXC.
Is there any reason why this won't work for me? Is this trick exclusive to certain versions?
novenary

Post by novenary » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:00 pm

It is not. Try removing the whole sd gecko when swapping cards. If that doesn't work, boot Swiss from slot A and then put the SD gecko+card in slot B.
kathy

Post by kathy » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:00 pm

It still freezes, even when I take the device out and put it in another slot.
Clansman

Post by Clansman » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:00 am

Hi all, i have been having the exact same issue, emu_kidd said he was going to have a look into it, he thought the same as meagalomaniac that it must be a bug in swiss

Thanks
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:32 pm

Yeah I'll try to replicate it, I'm pretty sure if I read back a page or two I'll be able to fix it. Just have some other things pending at the moment.
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:14 am

I still can't get any game working with the newer revisions.

The ISO game loading method must be different as DOL's still launch just fine while all games give me a black screen.
szczuru

Post by szczuru » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:16 am

47iscool wrote:I still can't get any game working with the newer revisions.

The ISO game loading method must be different as DOL's still launch just fine while all games give me a black screen.
Try to reformat SDCard using low level format (to remove fragmentation).
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:37 am

Do not defrag an SD card
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
novenary

Post by novenary » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:56 am

Low level format zeroes (or 0xff's) all the card once. There's no harm doing that.
MockyLock

Post by MockyLock » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:05 am

With the lest rev (r256) I had some issue booting F-Zero GX (it stays stuck at the very first screen), although it works well with rev94 (it's very old i know but it's the one flashed in my Qoob).
At beginning i thought it was because i changed video format (tried to force 480p), but i could replicate the issue afetr formating the SD card and copying swissr256 and the F-Zero GX iso.
Unfortunatly, i didn't have more time to spend on testing, sorry.
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:30 am

szczuru wrote:
47iscool wrote:I still can't get any game working with the newer revisions.

Try to reformat SDCard using low level format (to remove fragmentation).
It is defragmented, 0.3-r174 runs most games fine but I'd rather use the newer versions.
SpaceBacon

Post by SpaceBacon » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:43 am

For some reason I can't really get any of the newer builds to work. Only one of them worked at all and my games would not work on it.

Gamecube: DOL-001(EUR)
SD Media Launcher with Sandisk 2 GB SD-card

r253,r255,r256: Neither dol works for me. Some of these just give me "no signal" when I load them while others give me "Exception (DSI) has occurred!"

r254: The uncompressed dol works. No problems in Swiss menus. When I load games I just get a black screen that sometimes flashes a bit periodically. Only with Mega Man X Command Mission did I get a few logos and a memory card screen but then it just stayed black as well.

0.3 r174: works like it should (most games with audio issues and/or stutters, some games perfectly, some games not at all)
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:36 am

Can you open the disc drive lid and keep it open as soon as you hit load on the swiss r256 DOL?
SpaceBacon

Post by SpaceBacon » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:03 pm

Tried it. Didn't affect the problem. r256 uncompressed dol gets me the error, compressed dol gets me no signal.

I don't think it's just a video output problem with the "no signal" because it's not "out of range" or something like that and swiss.ini is not created which at least in the older versions happens on startup. But in case it makes any difference I'm using RGB scart.

I also tried fully reformatting my SD card just in case.

Exception screen attached if it helps any.

EDIT: So here's something interesting. If I load Swiss 0.3 r174 I can then load any version of Swiss I want from there and it will work. But I still can't get games to work on the new builds. Trying Twilight Princess with r256 now and am getting that black screen that flashes a bit at times into a lighter shade of black for some reason.
Attachments
19032014409.jpg
(254.46 KiB) Not downloaded yet