Swiss Nightly Build

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
whyat

Re: Swiss Nightly Build

Postby whyat » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:36 pm

Just and update thanks emukidd it worked like a charm. Hopefully I get free time to finish my GameCube, and once it is done I will post. I am currently waiting on a wii DVD drive from megalomaniac who is up to his eyeballs in orders. Also I'm probably gonna add hdmi to my new cube and a game boy player if I can figure out a good place to mount it and If I want to deal more wiring.

Tsusai

Postby Tsusai » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:53 pm

Good Evening,
I dusted off the old GameCube after a year or two for my brother, and decided "what the heck, I'll update Swiss." I'm not sure if this has been reported w/ the Nightly Builds, but my Viper Extreme makes a green screen with builds 374 and up (the new compression method?).

Methods tried
From Viper Flash: 374 & 377 Viper Specific DOLs
DOLSendUSB: Vipers 374 & 377, Normal 377

I hope this helps your future development

emu_kidid
Site Admin

Postby emu_kidid » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:47 am

Tsusai wrote:Good Evening,
I dusted off the old GameCube after a year or two for my brother, and decided "what the heck, I'll update Swiss." I'm not sure if this has been reported w/ the Nightly Builds, but my Viper Extreme makes a green screen with builds 374 and up (the new compression method?).

Methods tried

Yeah, this needs to be fixed, sorry about that, it's the new compression method potentially not doing whatever dollz (the old compression method) did for Viper.

In the meantime as a workaround, you can take a uncompressed version of Swiss and run it through d0llz with the -v flag to generate one for a ViperGC.

Tsusai

Postby Tsusai » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:10 am

emu_kidid wrote:
Tsusai wrote:Good Evening,

Methods tried

Yeah, this needs to be fixed, sorry about that, it's the new compression method potentially not doing whatever dollz (the old compression method) did for Viper.

In the meantime as a workaround, you can take a uncompressed version of Swiss and run it through d0llz with the -v flag to generate one for a ViperGC.

No worries, I understand that to be the nature of nightly builds, and just wanted to bring that to your attention. I'll give d0llz a shot.

SilverStar

Postby SilverStar » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:51 am

Would it be possible to add the multi-disc switch over feature found in SD Gecko to the Wasp Fusion on-board SD card reader?

emu_kidid
Site Admin

Postby emu_kidid » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:13 am

Yeah, I found my WASP/WKF GC again today so there's a chance I'll try to add it again

SilverStar

Postby SilverStar » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:52 am

Excellent- that is music to my ears!!! :D I'm just a picky obsessive compulsive individual who doesn't like the aesthetic appearance of the SD Gecko and like to have all my games in on area to load. Thank you for taking the time to do this ;)

EDIT: Besides my OCD comment- the convenience of being able to utilize just one SD card for multi-disc swapping is what I'm aiming for. Considering from what I've been reading up on overall compatibility, my assumption is the WASP's SD reader seems to be a bit more stable when it comes to launching games overall. Just wanted to clarify that ;)

Return to “Swiss”