Swiss Nightly Build

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Swiss Nightly Build

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:27 am

r369 is up and should fix SD issues introduced earlier in r36X versions - it should also fix F-Zero GX.
TALANTO

Post by TALANTO » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:39 pm

I have 15 old version downloaded from here (I may have even more on the older pc). If needed I can help for old versions archive. r256 is the oldest.
emu_kidid wrote:r369 is up and should fix SD issues introduced earlier in r36X versions - it should also fix F-Zero GX.
Fast check, I may miss something:
Wario World video forcing - worked ok;
Freezing at "Checking game" - seems fixed;
Kirby Air Ride - freezes on title screen when press Start;
Swapped red/blue colours - not fixed;
Glitched Soul Calibur graphics - not fixed.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:40 pm

TALANTO wrote:I have 15 old version downloaded from here (I may have even more on the older pc). If needed I can help for old versions archive. r256 is the oldest.
emu_kidid wrote:r369 is up and should fix SD issues introduced earlier in r36X versions - it should also fix F-Zero GX.
I didn't attempt to fix those things so it's not worth testing them.
boktai1000

Post by boktai1000 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:28 pm

TALANTO wrote:I have 15 old version downloaded from here (I may have even more on the older pc). If needed I can help for old versions archive. r256 is the oldest.
Please mirror them if possible - thanks!
TALANTO

Post by TALANTO » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:03 am

The offer was for emu_kidid only.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:06 am

TALANTO wrote:The offer was for emu_kidid only.
Thanks but I can rebuild old versions
jaycomma

Post by jaycomma » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:10 am

Hi there. I'm trying to run Yu Gi Oh Falsebound Kingdom at 480p through swiss. I burned swiss to a MiniDVD and am switching the discs out. I am currently running version 0.1 of swiss, and every time I try to launch the game the graphics are terrible and the audio lags. I have my TV in 4:3 and it's a new flat screen. I have the component cables. I am reading on the compatibility list for forced 480p that falsebound kingdom works with r214, but I don't know how to compile the bootldr.dol for r214, nor do I really know how to create the ISO again for another MiniDVD with r214.. can someone help me?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:22 am

The ISO for Swiss is provided in every Nightly Build, just take it and put it onto a disc.
Polog

Post by Polog » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:15 am

Hallo. I am in need of help. I a have a spare memory card and I was planning to use it for swiss. However, I am having a difficult time converting the compressed .dol version of swiss into a .gci file. For some reason dol2gci is not working on my computer. My plan was to use an exploit method (like Homebros) to boot swiss (I currently do not have an sd gecko or sd gc memory card). I only plan to use swiss to force 480p some my gamecube games. I would really like a .gci file of swiss, can someone help me obtain it?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:59 am

Next build will have a .gci included if you can wait 8hrs or so.
Polog

Post by Polog » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:22 pm

Okay. Sounds good. Thank you!
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:10 pm

Polog wrote:Okay. Sounds good. Thank you!
Sorry about the delay, the latest build has been uploaded and now contains a GCI version.
Polog

Post by Polog » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:27 pm

Wow. Thank you! Swiss works great on my GameCube. I was trying out the force 480p feature and I am impressed. It worked well on all of my 480i only games, but except one. I think someone should put it on the force 480p compatibility list, Batman Vengeance does not force 480p it just goes back to 480i. Other than that, I am satisfied with the results.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:47 am

From this point on new releases will be available via: https://github.com/emukidid/swiss-gc/releases
boktai1000

Post by boktai1000 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:28 pm

Been away from SWISS for a few months and just wanted to chime in and say thank you for the new releases and move over to Github! I'll have to update my SDcard this week and test everything out. Thanks a bunch emu_kidid, and keep up the great work!
Ikthias

Post by Ikthias » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:20 pm

I'm having issues with Swiss r374-377, the compressed builds will not run after i flash them to my Qoob Pro. The latest build to boot off my Qoob is r372, which except for some new compatibility issues (Will post in the compatibility thread with more details) runs fine.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:38 am

Ikthias wrote:I'm having issues with Swiss r374-377, the compressed builds will not run after i flash them to my Qoob Pro. The latest build to boot off my Qoob is r372, which except for some new compatibility issues (Will post in the compatibility thread with more details) runs fine.
I'll have a look at what's up.
whyat

Post by whyat » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:56 am

Since a wode can only autoboot via sd, is it possible to use sd and usb with swiss on wode? I haven't installed my wode yet and probably won't until December when I have free time, until then I just want to make the preperations.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:26 am

whyat wrote:Since a wode can only autoboot via sd, is it possible to use sd and usb with swiss on wode? I haven't installed my wode yet and probably won't until December when I have free time, until then I just want to make the preperations.
Yes
theclaw

Post by theclaw » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:35 am

Is there a quick dol loader for Qoob Pro? Something that gets flashed once, then searches for Swiss on an SDgecko on its own?
Makes for less dealing with the finicky USB.
whyat

Post by whyat » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:13 pm

emu_kidid wrote:
whyat wrote:Since a wode can only autoboot via sd, is it possible to use sd and usb with swiss on wode? I haven't installed my wode yet and probably won't until December when I have free time, until then I just want to make the preperations.
Yes
At the same time, thats awesome. I could have a 2gb sd card for swiss and a big usb drive for everything else.
whyat

Post by whyat » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:37 pm

So after some tests, I have swiss setup as initial iso. I was wondering if there was a way around using the wode screen and toggle switch to navigate a usb hdd filled with games and use swiss to do it much like swiss on a wasp fusion navigating its sd card. Any ideas?
andzlay

Post by andzlay » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:07 am

Nice to read that you solved your WODE problems, @whyat.
Are you sure, that's a good solution for your setup? If I understood correctly you have the majority of games on your USB drive and only swiss on the (wode) SD card. Wouldn't it be better to select all the games with your GC controller? And then only use the wode-screen-hardware-buttons to navigate the minority of stuff you have on your 2gb SD card. May I ask, what you're planning to put on your sd?
I also wondered: Is swiss displaying the content of the USB drive and the sd card together, or is there some sort of device selection inside swiss? I only use a SD inside the wode, so I don't remember or know.

But Anyway:
To navigate anything with the WODE hardware controls, you have to eject the inserted ISO first. Since you have autoboot, you'll always have the swiss ISO booted up when you start your GC. I don't think it's possible to change anything about this without creating a custom firmware for the WODE.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:14 am

whyat wrote:So after some tests, I have swiss setup as initial iso. I was wondering if there was a way around using the wode screen and toggle switch to navigate a usb hdd filled with games and use swiss to do it much like swiss on a wasp fusion navigating its sd card. Any ideas?
Swiss can browse the wode, press Z on the device selection to show the wode then select it. Support isn't great though.
whyat

Post by whyat » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:17 pm

@andzlay my whole point was to have swiss autoboot on a sd card and the wode screen hidden inside the case and have a USB drive holding my games. The setup if it can get it to work in an ideal manner would be i boot up my GameCube Swiss loads I press start boot into Swiss and be able to all my games on my USB drive at once and select the one I want. Emukidd is suggesting that this may be possible if I press z and I will test this later tonight. Currently I have only been able to load a game though Swiss by selecting it via wode screen and mounting the DVD icon in Swiss. This method wouldn't be ideal.