Swiss Nightly Build

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
47iscool

Re: Swiss Nightly Build

Post by 47iscool » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:57 pm

emu_kidid wrote:It's working here... I didn't touch anything to do with PAD/rumble, what was the last build you tried and have you tried games not in Swiss since 0.4 "broke" rumble? (did your controller rumble just die?)
The oldest version I have is 0.3 and rumble works just fine on it.

I'm using fix94's wind waker exploit to boot a compressed version of swiss from a memory card.

I have tested SA2B (GSNE8P) and Wind Waker (GZLE01) from an SD running in slot B.

So no, my rumble didn't die. It works fine on Swiss 0.3 and even on Wii running Nintendont.
CaptainSodaPop

Post by CaptainSodaPop » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:08 am

Where can I find older Swiss builds?
benjamin

Post by benjamin » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:25 pm

Hi, i just recently bought the datel sd media launcher. I'm trying to use swiss with my sd cards to play backup's but the newest rev 342 does not recognize any of my sd cards. Older versions 0,3 do though..

Nightly Build version: swiss_r342.dol
Hardware: GC pal
Hardware Configuration: SD Gecko
Boot Method: datel's media launcher
andzlay

Re: RE: WODE 2.9B & SWISS r296

Post by andzlay » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:40 pm

Madowax wrote:
andzlay wrote: [...] WODE & newer swiss versions blah blah [...]
I luckily discovered that you can use r296 with wode (2.9 Fw), but you need a sd adapter with sd card inserted in the memory card slot, A or B makes no difference, in that way no error and Swiss works flawlessly, glad if this could help someone. ;)
Hey that's cool! I'll try to find my sd gecko clone or buy a new one. Thanks a lot Madowax!
Edit: Works!
Last edited by andzlay on Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aninko

Post by aninko » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:06 pm

I have question about swiss, will game compatybility improve with time like MGS graphic glitches etc. Im realy happy that swiss go so far for now and waiting for new improvement :D
JohnSmith1882

Post by JohnSmith1882 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:33 am

I'm a bit of a noob with this stuff. I've had my WKF with a Mega Drive V3 for a while, but I've never updated my Swiss Autoboot. I've had it for about a year lol, I think it's V0.3 or something like that. I saw instructions on how to do that here: http://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.ph ... sion_Flash. I don't have an SDGecko. Is there a way to update without it?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:56 am

You can always load newer Swiss by placing the dol on the SD card that goes into the wkf/wasp.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:33 am

if you already have swiss autoboot installed then you can update to latest with the FZN only from WKF/WASP slot
just load the fzn and swiss will perform the update for you...do not reboot or poweroff system until its complete..
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
bambinici

Post by bambinici » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:14 am

I've just made the bootting DVD from swiss.dol file. Burnt ver of program was 0.4. After the booting it on console i was surprised that current version have no step with stopping of DVD drive like previous. Is it possible to activate it on 0.4? Is there any method to stop DVD spinning during launch of the ROMs from SD? Its really annoying. Ofcause i could just open cover of console but that's not what I want. The case with switching dol file on SD with version earlier also not preffered because of the smooth work with SD adapter of the newest one. Thanks for your further suggestions and advices.
novenary

Post by novenary » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:39 am

It's in the settings... Make sure you don't have no drive mode enabled.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:13 pm

It's actually system wide now.

Attachments
Image_0419-2141(CVBS).jpg
(38.74 KiB) Not downloaded yet
bambinici

Post by bambinici » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:11 pm

emu_kidid wrote:It's actually system wide now.

I've tried it already. It saves settings on SD card's swiss.ini I suppose. But, unfortunately, no changes after booting function with ON either. It looks strange cause the dol file is the same which've been used for boot DVD.

PS. One more thing, settings should be changed on SD swiss.dol or directly while booting the disk itself?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:51 pm

So you boot Swiss from a disc, then use SD Gecko to boot a backup?

When Swiss first starts up, do you get the SD card listing or the DVD disc listing? If it goes to the disc listing then that's why it doesn't spin it down.

I can make some changes to make sure it spins the disc down upon booting a backup from SD or something too.
bambinici

Post by bambinici » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:30 am

emu_kidid wrote:So you boot Swiss from a disc, then use SD Gecko to boot a backup?

When Swiss first starts up, do you get the SD card listing or the DVD disc listing? If it goes to the disc listing then that's why it doesn't spin it down.

I can make some changes to make sure it spins the disc down upon booting a backup from SD or something too.
Yes, i directly load the sd from initial menu (loading the game) without the swiss.dol activation on sd previously.

When console starts up loading the dvd, it writes searching fo SDs and operation with dvd with 40% percenatge (something like that) and after that loads the list menu of the dvd on screen. I switch to the SD menu manualy after and just start the game. should i have a copy of dol on SD? Cause the disk's program after the changes of the settings creates its own fresh INI file.

i really do need the 0.4. For example SM Sunshine works on it properly with correct sound but on 0.3 it doen not work good. The same thing with many other games. To be exact i'm using r342v. by the way i use WII SD ADAPTER not the SD GECKO original.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:25 am

I'll push a new build which fixes this, but unfortunately for you you'll need to burn a new disc with it.
bambinici

Post by bambinici » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:08 pm

emu_kidid wrote:I'll push a new build which fixes this, but unfortunately for you you'll need to burn a new disc with it.
Thank you. It's all right, I'll burn the new one.
novenary

Post by novenary » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:09 pm

You can also put the newer builds as boot.dol at the root of your SD card.
Also make sure you have "default device" enabled in settings.
bambinici

Post by bambinici » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:41 pm

Streetwalker wrote:You can also put the newer builds as boot.dol at the root of your SD card.
Also make sure you have "default device" enabled in settings.
Thanks for advice. I've changed the dol's title on SD to boot.dol and checked the basic menu in settings (default - YES). unfortunately there was no result. The driver is not stopping.
novenary

Post by novenary » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:58 pm

Does the DOL automatically boot? Do you get to the SD menu immediately? I also boot Swiss from DVD, and I have no problem. I am using an older version on the DVD though.
Are you making your own ISO or are you using the one provided in the archive?
bambinici

Post by bambinici » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:32 pm

Streetwalker wrote:Does the DOL automatically boot? Do you get to the SD menu immediately? I also boot Swiss from DVD, and I have no problem. I am using an older version on the DVD though.
Are you making your own ISO or are you using the one provided in the archive?
no, as i've described in previous reply it starts from dvd menu after the sd detecting and "preparing" the dvd. for having the dvd stopped i use swiss.dol of older version from SD (0.3)

iv'e been using r342 ver dol file to create by myself the correct image of iso with 1.35GB, using certain program because whole attempts to burn iso for pal console from devoloper's archive failed. i could not load the disk after burning the iso from devoloper, despite on fact that in txt it's called READY TO BURN DVD. My Xeno 2.0 patched DVD reads only dvd+-r based on 1.35v gc images. the archive's isoes pal/ntsc-j/ntsc-us are not adopted for 1.35gb GC format.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:01 pm

The next nightly build will spin down your DVD as soon as you select another device, wait for a nightly build to be ready.
bambinici

Post by bambinici » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:35 am

emu_kidid wrote:Tas soon as you select another device
it meant in settings manually, did not it?
bambinici

Post by bambinici » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:26 pm

emu_kidid wrote:The next nightly build will spin down your DVD as soon as you select another device, wait for a nightly build to be ready.
i'm rreally sorry for disturbing. it was a human factor and my fault. everything works properly. i just set up the SD as default and saved these changes. that's why i've been asking several times about the location of changes in settinggs SD/DVD. So after making the SD as the default source i've rebooted console and SD loaded initially while driver stopped spinning. Yahoo!
red_dirt

Post by red_dirt » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:55 pm

I'm having trouble running backups from my sd card.

1. Nightly Build version: swiss_r342 DOL
2. Hardware: GC PAL-AUS
3. Hardware Configuration: SD Gecko
4. Boot Method: ACTION REPLAY DVD
5. Info: Hangs on a black screen after an ISO is loaded from SWISS. This happens with both the 2gb SD card that i use to boot DOL's and a 16gb SD card that is filled with ISO's. I haven't tried using a disc method yet because i have no gamebits and no DVD's anyway.
novenary

Post by novenary » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:47 pm

What game are you trying to launch ? Some games have compatibility issues.