Does Swiss support GCI save files?

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
Apache Thunder

Does Swiss support GCI save files?

Post by Apache Thunder » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:46 pm

I'm looking around on if I can get GCI files outputted by GCMM to work with Swiss as I have it setup to emulate memory card in slot 1 for my backup games. GCMM outputs into GCI format though and Swiss generates SAV files. Is there a way to convert them to SAV files or does Swiss already support GCI files?

Simply renaming the file doesn't work. The game I try simply asks to create new sav data again. :(

Oh and I did a full backup of the memory card in RAW format and replaced the RAW file Dolphin used. Now I got my GC saves working in Dolphin. :D

Just need them to work for my games on the real GC since most games don't want to load/save gamesaves on slot B where the memory card currently is.

My homebrew launch method is the Action Replay exploit with SD Memory card adapter. So the adapter is on slot A. I can't bot with it on slot B since Action Replay will refuse to do anything unless it's got a memory card to save to in slot B. Sure I could probably do some kind of hotswap trick. But I would like to avoid doing that. :P

EDIT: Using the mdsc.exe file that comes with GCMM doesn't work for me either. I convert a GCI to SAV file and it's the wrong filesize. Game boots up and asks to create new save file like before, so the files it makes don't work. :(
ImageImage
AC_Orange

Re: Does Swiss support GCI save files?

Post by AC_Orange » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:59 pm

I'm not familiar with the SD media launcher but once you have swiss loaded you can swap from slot a to b can't you?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:28 pm

Memory card emulation is still in its early stages. I'll try to add GCI support but for now you'll have to make do without it.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:34 pm

Oh well. Suppose I'll just have to wait then. I can just "eject" the SD card in Swiss and reload it on Slot-B. Thus having my normal memory card in Slot-A. Let me know when you do get GCI support working though. :D
ImageImage
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:40 pm

No problem, it's one of the features I'd like to have 100% emulated at some point.
Diego borella

Post by Diego borella » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:16 pm

well, Swiss is currently able to do the job with BOOT files.
Copy any GCI named to boot.gci.
swiss will do the job of injecting the boot into the memory card without the need for GCMM. :!:

emu_kidid wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:40 pm
No problem, it's one of the features I'd like to have 100% emulated at some point.
will it be back on the agenda? :?:
SWISS USER :geek:
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:49 am

Not by me, maybe Extrems will tackle it at some point.