A question about the Swiss preferences/patch options.

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
AntRichWalk

A question about the Swiss preferences/patch options.

Post by AntRichWalk » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:42 am

Okay so when I go to load a backup, on my GC from my SD card, I have the option to change settings. And when checking the compatibility list wiki, under patch options, it will say things like, high level / low level / enable or disable interrupts. I know these are options in the games settings, so do I just change the settings to match what it says in the compatibility list? Or does it just find the correct settings automatically?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: A question about the Swiss preferences/patch options.

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:45 am

On the super-rare exception I will force certain options for certain games. In 0.3 those specific options are important but in the later revisions not so much.
AntRichWalk

Post by AntRichWalk » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:08 pm

emu_kidid wrote:On the super-rare exception I will force certain options for certain games. In 0.3 those specific options are important but in the later revisions not so much.
So for Zelda Twilight Princess, it says: High Level, Disabled Interrupts. But for Four Swords Adventure it says: Low Level, low memory location. Would there be any gain from changing these settings?

I'm using 0.3 revision 174 currently.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:31 pm

I believe Zelda TP was very similar for both options, just stick to the default for those games.