swiss config file

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
akira

swiss config file

Post by akira » Sun May 11, 2014 5:07 pm

I got swiss flashed to my wasp fusion and working fine, but it wont save any settings.

It always starts up with 576P resolution (set on auto in settings) but the screen doenst like it, I need it to be on 480P
also It wont save any config I make for a game.

I have a memorycard in slot A, slot B with a sd card in it, and I can run homebrew and emulators on it

:?:
megalomaniac

Re: swiss config file

Post by megalomaniac » Sun May 11, 2014 6:22 pm

hold L trigger at bootup to force swiss into interlaced mode...
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
badsector

Post by badsector » Sun May 11, 2014 6:31 pm

I would love it, if swiss would try to load from and save to a SD Gecko on slot B, if using a WKF, though. I got the same problem, that I sometimes need 480p (no 576p and no interlaced signal) for some displays when using VGA.
akira

Post by akira » Mon May 12, 2014 6:16 am

Holding down L does nothing for me. still goes to 576P, and then that is not what I have hoped it could do.

Cant swiss startup what is written in swiss.ini? I copied the files to slot B and to the wasp fusion slot, with

#!!Swiss Settings Start!!
Default Device=No
SD/IDE Speed=32MHz
Swiss Video Mode=480p
Enable Debug=No
Force No DVD Drive Mode=No
Hide Unknown file types=No
Stop DVD Motor on startup=No
Enable WiiRD debug=No
#!!Swiss Settings End!!

and still it does 576P
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon May 12, 2014 6:24 am

the hold down L was introduced recently, it wouldn't have been in the 0.3 build posted on googlecode downloads. Can you try the latest nightly build? I will check the .ini functionality with that to see if it's broken.
akira

Post by akira » Mon May 12, 2014 7:12 am

I could try that. I have build 258 running at the moment, and I don't know what I did, but when I start the gamecube, it boots instantly to swiss,

When I turn it on the cube logo rolls and then swiss boots, just like you start a game.

Can I flash a newer version without this going away? because it saves me time starting swiss
iamdablasta

Post by iamdablasta » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:09 pm

Old thread, but I have the newest build and my settings always reset, and page 3 isn't possible to change at all.
Could use some help.
the game
novenary

Post by novenary » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:12 pm

Page 3 is game specific settings, it should be hidden from the regular options menu.
iamdablasta

Post by iamdablasta » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:55 pm

Streetwalker wrote:Page 3 is game specific settings, it should be hidden from the regular options menu.
The game specific doesn't save either.
the game
novenary

Post by novenary » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:17 pm

Well of course, since wkf is read only.
MockyLock

Post by MockyLock » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:59 am

Hello
I'm adding my case to this thread.
I can't get the swiss config to be saved, neither general config nor game specific.
I use swiss r275, on WKF.
I tried SD Gecko in slot A and B.
i tried the Memory card emulator, and even if i couldn't check if saving was working (i had to turn off before checking, i could see the file was created in the SD card (so, i know that swiss write to my SD card).
I'll have to do more tests, but some tips would help me :)

EDIT : i forgot to mention that when i set some specific config for a game, and i ask swiss to save them, i have a little screen telling me it's done (can't remember what's is written for now, i'm at my job).
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:08 pm

WKF/WASP is a read-only device so swiss cannot save a file to WKF SD slot.

Also when booting from WKF, swiss will not save config file to SDGecko because swiss does not expect a required device or location for a device like SD Gecko to be available..
Hmmmmm.....this gives me an idea....

emu_kidid, remind me about a "symlink" type idea
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving

Image Image Image
MockyLock

Post by MockyLock » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:39 pm

Thank you !
But if we boot another Swiss from SD Gecko (Swissception from WKF), will it save to the SD card this time ? I will have to try it tomorrow.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:36 am

at time of testing with swiss_r288:
boot from WKF with SD Gecko in slot = no config file saved to SD card
then in swiss device menu, navigate to SD Gecko and read SD Card = swiss will save config to SD Gecko
now edit config settings as necessary and save...

on next WKF boot swiss config will not be read in gecko slot because swiss does not expect for a device to be there...this means no previous configurations changes will be read and applied at bootup...
in swiss device menu, navigate to SD Gecko slot and swiss will read and apply previous saved configuration settings....

currently, moving the config file to your WKF/WASP SD card will not allow configurations to be applied at bootup...

Image Image Image
Diminuendo

Post by Diminuendo » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:40 am

I wish I could save my config file in the SD slot for playing with settings, then transfer it to the WKF slot for read only
MockyLock

Post by MockyLock » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:58 am

Actually, i've already found a Swiss ini file in my SD card, with the standard configuration for Swiss (so i should have done what you explained)
The problem is for the games, when you want to force some configuration like video output or streaming mute. I don't know how it is coded/written in the Swiss ini (i mean, code syntax). So i can't edit it manually.
But well, thank you, i understand what occurs now :)