qustions

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
iceman24360

qustions

Post by iceman24360 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:03 am

Ok i've been studying the forums for a while now. and i eventually bought SD Media launcher. and Am currently. playing with swiss. my Qustion is. I Have tried. Soul Caliber 2 And can get it to launch. on Swiss V1 But not anything else and when i. use the lateist versions. it goes to a black screen.

Also the Audio acts weird. on V1. And for some odd reason i can get wwe wrestlemaina x8 to load. perfect in match and wrestle maina xix perfect in match. with few audio hiccups.

can any one point me in the right direction. to fix my soul calibur issue. and also i can get star fox adventures to load. the nintendo logo and rare logo on lateist build but it goes no further.

I Am new to this scene. and I Currently have no discs to play with right now. but am ordering some. so SD Card for now. The SD Card i am useing is a Sandisk 16GB Micro SDHc Card. and A Transcend 2GB Reguler card for GCIOS And swiss Only.

Please someone help so i can have a fun weekend with my gamecube. lol
alzen

Re: qustions

Post by alzen » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:19 am

Hmm, check Swiss Compatibility list:
http://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.ph ... ility_List

But keep in mind that it's outdated. Still, if some games aren't 100% supported you cannot help it. But you can also play around with different options, like I've found the way to run Megaman X Collection almost perfectly(solution is somewhere on forums).
Take a look at my YouTube channel - totally dedicated to retro shooters
iceman24360

Post by iceman24360 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:49 pm

i have and it did say it was working. however. it did not specify if. wrestlemaina x8 was working or wrestlemaina xix was working i tried those on my own.

and also it said starfox adventures is working wit no audio streaming well i cannot get the game to run at all. Soul Cailiber 2 is confermed as working

so i would like to kno what i am doing wrong
alzen

Post by alzen » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:21 pm

As I checked compatibility list, wrestlemaina x8 and wrestlemaina xix have both no information about it's compatibility with SWISS. You've checked it and it's valuable information - hope compatibility list will get updated some day as there is a lot information like this spread around the forums.

btw. you cannot depend on the compatibility list in 100%. For example "GameBoy Player Boot Disc" is marked as working but it doesn't really work for most people. Probably it was makred as working some time ago on some dev version so emu_kidid marked it as working. You cannot expect people to keep it all clean while doing all the dev job along the way.

About Star Fox Adventures, it didn't work for me either; guess the problems were the same that you had described. Cannot help it - it's marked as yellow working with no information about options that you should use nor the suggested SWISS version - you shouldn't have very high hopes for entries like this one.
iceman24360

Post by iceman24360 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:25 pm

Soul Cailber 2 works jsut makes a really weird buzzing Noise after selecting charicters and during fights. on the later versions it just goes to a black screen and doesnt load at all.
alzen

Post by alzen » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:14 pm

Guess there isn't much you can do about it. Sorry.
Invincible

Post by Invincible » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:42 pm

try a different SD card. I had a problem booting mario sunshine until I switched the SD card and it worked.
iceman24360

Post by iceman24360 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:04 pm

update i fixed my problem useing swiss r80 viper setting it to 16 mhz everything worked i havent tried super mario sunshine and sandisc 16gb works fine via swap method
alzen

Post by alzen » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:43 pm

I do not really understand your answer to be honest. I assume you have Viper chipped GC, ok, that's your business - guess it doesn't matter.

But, you're saying that using sd card in 16 mhz mode fixed problem in soul calibur and made it run ok?
iceman24360

Post by iceman24360 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:54 pm

no i have SD Media launcher i have no idea what a viper chipped GC Is lol. I Am useing a Swiss program named viper or something to that affect. and Yes i am saying Switching it to 16MHZ Under that made it run good. But I had no luck for Super mario sunshine game stutters way to much so i went and ordered dvd-r discs for that. lol Yeah i got the mini ones

sorry i did not make it plane or whatever.

cards i am useing for my homebrew im using a transend 2gb sd card to run swiss and all that. for my games in swap method i use A San-disc 16GB Micro SDHC Card. adapter thing.

I Can get some games to run like wrestlemaina XIX And day of reckoning they do run. great its just you cant do entrinces or watch the opening video but as far as playing the game its just fine.

as well as Ultimate Muscle New Generations runs 100%

Mario Kart double dash runs perfect in my opion except for the opening video sequince.

True crime NY Crashes so i assume thats another for. DVD Disc.

lol you'll have to forgive me for my crappy american type-o's lol
alzen

Post by alzen » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:32 pm

Oh, so you're the SDML(SD Media Launcher) kind of guy 8-). I see.

Viper chipped GC is GameCube chipped with Viper chip. Hmm, but a program called Viper? Can you please pass the URL? Maybe it's popular but personally I've never heard about it.

btw. why do you swap cards, and what do you run from 2GB shitty SD? Doesn't SWISS detects SDHC or just SDML doesn't read SDHC? As far as I imagine your situation it looks like that - you use SDML which doesn't read SDHC cards so you must use shitty 2GB SD card to boot swiss and than you swap cards to run your games from 16GB SDHC that can be read by SWISS with no problems, is that right?

btw 2. Did you try to read SDHC card in 16 Mhz speed mode via SWISS without using that "Viper" thing? Any differences?
torturelabs

Post by torturelabs » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:55 pm

DOL
- Viper
- swiss-lz-viper.dol
- swiss.dol
- swiss-compressed.dol
- swiss.elf
Pretty sure he's using that.
I would assume it works with the SDML

Yeah, I had problems loading newer SWISS as well - black screen.
4GB SD seems to have fixed the issue though.
I understand many people who code SWISS don't like the SDML and therefore wouldn't update it's compatibility?
cards i am useing for my homebrew im using a transend 2gb sd card to run swiss and all that. for my games in swap method i use A San-disc 16GB Micro SDHC Card. adapter thing.
Yeah, I don't get that either.
What's the need to swap? Is it not auto-loading the 16SDHC?
why do you swap cards, and what do you run from 2GB shitty SD?
He's testing maybe? So a large card wouldn't be required.
Maybe he's using the 2GB for SNES, NES, MCPLAYER, ETC and GC-ISO's on the 16GB?
I use to do that... until I learned how to organize my folders better.

Edit:
Re-read, yeah I think he swaps the cards (2GB for 16GB) once he's in the SWISS menu which would be kinda pointless.
Attachments
dd.png
(160.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet
alzen

Post by alzen » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:32 pm

Hmm, still waiting for his answer.

And, I know it can be stupid as I've never had Viper modded GC but isn't swiss-lz-viper.dol file supposed to be used with Viper mod chips to install SWISS as a plugin for Viper modchip? Dunno but I guess he shouldn't use it as normal SWISS boot file.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:23 pm

torturelabs wrote: I understand many people who code SWISS don't like the SDML and therefore wouldn't update it's compatibility?
this statement is so wrong in multiple aspects...
for someone who promotes SDML to so many people you seem to not understand anything about it...
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
torturelabs

Post by torturelabs » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:41 pm

megalomaniac wrote:
torturelabs wrote: I understand many people who code SWISS don't like the SDML and therefore wouldn't update it's compatibility?
this statement is so wrong in multiple aspects...
for someone who promotes SDML to so many people you seem to not understand anything about it...
torturelabs wrote:this statement is so wrong in multiple aspects...
It's useful for novices, yes. Beyond that it's whatever floats your boat.

Added ? just in case, thanks for the correction, I guess.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:15 pm

you are an idiot?

^^ so by your example, as long as i have a question mark then it must be ok to make a broad self-formulated observation.
by the way i dont think you are an idiot...just showing the uselessness of a ? in a statement

swiss does work with SDML...
what kind of problems are you having?
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving

Image Image Image
iceman24360

Post by iceman24360 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:09 am

i am useing swiss to swap cards i only use 2gb card to boot software once in swiss i swap my 2gb out for my 16gb schc card because SDML Doesnt read SDHC So i know it may sound stuped to some. but i am new at this and i don't any better. that's why i asked for help because i am a newbie i figured i would get some awnsers. at least if asked like burning games im a newbie at that but i will figure it out

i've searched youtube. and these forum's and google looking for for some help. so please point me in the right direction. and im useing swiss viper.dol its on the first page some dude brought it. up Again sorry for late reply but i wasn't home.

Look I Wanted to go back to my child hood I Absolutely loved the gamecube as a child so i decided to order one off EBAY And play my old games again. I Started research on how to soft mod a gamecube I Came accross The SDML Videos on youtube then got pointed here via google when searching about swiss.

It seems like you guys n gals are helpful. so hopefully i can learn some stuff. and have some fun playing retro games. along the way.

:D :D :D

i am using Swiss R280 From the nightly build. section thats where i found swiss LZ Viper or whatever its called.
torturelabs

Post by torturelabs » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:20 am

iceman24360 wrote:i am useing swiss to swap cards i only use 2gb card to boot software once in swiss i swap my 2gb out for my 16gb schc card because SDML Doesnt read SDHC So i know it may sound stuped to some. but i am new at this and i don't any better. that's why i asked for help because i am a newbie i figured i would get some awnsers. at least if asked like burning games im a newbie at that but i will figure it out

i've searched youtube. and these forum's and google looking for for some help. so please point me in the right direction. and im useing swiss viper.dol its on the first page some dude brought it. up Again sorry for late reply but i wasn't home.

Look I Wanted to go back to my child hood I Absolutely loved the gamecube as a child so i decided to order one off EBAY And play my old games again. I Started research on how to soft mod a gamecube I Came accross The SDML Videos on youtube then got pointed here via google when searching about swiss.

It seems like you guys n gals are helpful. so hopefully i can learn some stuff. and have some fun playing retro games. along the way.

:D :D :D

i am using Swiss R280 From the nightly build. section thats where i found swiss LZ Viper or whatever its called.
Thought so, you are doing the same thing I did before for slightly different reasons haha

Yeah, sometimes the SDML won't read some SDHC, did you format the 16GB to FAT/FAT32?
Lets try and get rid of that 2GB so you don't have to swap anymore.

Also, use the regular swiss_r280.dol instead if the viper one.
Unless you get better compatibility with the viper.dol, must test this out myself...
at least if asked like burning games im a newbie at that but i will figure it out
Booting via miniDVD with GCoS - I'll post a TUT if you ever want to play that way.
There's a chance you may need to adjust your laser pot to read miniDVD's via GCoS
This requires opening up your GC though, but the upside is %100 compatibility.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:17 am

Why are you recommending GCoS? Just use Swiss.
iceman24360

Post by iceman24360 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:17 pm

im not sure that my gamecube needs pot tweaking then again i dont know i do own original GC Disc's and it does read them perfectly fine. But i have been Useing swiss when. i found out that SDML Doesnt read SDHC Cards thats why i swap if you know something that i don't from what ive read here. please show me.

i am willing to learn all knowlige that i can. but fact is i tried Animal crossing lastnight and was dissapointed that i cannont make it run cant get past the nintendo logo :( if anyone can help me there besides i think i need to burn it please let me know
torturelabs

Post by torturelabs » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:04 pm

emu_kidid wrote:Why are you recommending GCoS? Just use Swiss.
Had issues with it personally, who knows if it will work for him.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:39 pm

@torturelabs
As I've posted before, what issues are you having?
Let's see if we can figure this out.

Image Image Image
iceman24360

Post by iceman24360 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:26 pm

how to Transfer Save files that i download off the web. to my GC Memory card. i am
alzen

Post by alzen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:37 pm

Hmm, it's old but I use swiss 0.3(r174 if I remember correctly) and I can run Animal Crossing with no problems :).

About moving save files..., I believe you should use GCMM - it allows you to write save states from your memory card to SD card and otherwise.

Still, I'm tired after work so I wouldn't boot my GC today and I do not remember what folder GCMM is saving to on SD card so please just run if via SWISS, save some file from memory card to SD card; put saves from internet to the directory on SD card where GCMM saved your states and try to put them to your memory card via GCMM.

Remember, you can have one save state per game. So to be save, first back up all your save states, move them to your PC and start having fun :D.

Good your got here, it's always nice to meet someone new.

btw. I never used SDML personally - was always using Xeno chipped GC, maybe it's not the best chip but it does the job.
iceman24360

Post by iceman24360 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:54 pm

alzen wrote:Hmm, it's old but I use swiss 0.3(r174 if I remember correctly) and I can run Animal Crossing with no problems :).

About moving save files..., I believe you should use GCMM - it allows you to write save states from your memory card to SD card and otherwise.

Still, I'm tired after work so I wouldn't boot my GC today and I do not remember what folder GCMM is saving to on SD card so please just run if via SWISS, save some file from memory card to SD card; put saves from internet to the directory on SD card where GCMM saved your states and try to put them to your memory card via GCMM.

Remember, you can have one save state per game. So to be save, first back up all your save states, move them to your PC and start having fun :D.

Good your got here, it's always nice to meet someone new.

btw. I never used SDML personally - was always using Xeno chipped GC, maybe it's not the best chip but it does the job.

last saturday was my first time. Useing it my self. i just had only watched videos. and when it first got here. i picked up on how to swap games in a snap. and then i was off. when there was. times i couldn't figure out. i posted here.

so this is all new to me. I Love learning though. I Am 30yrs old. and geting back to my gamecube makes me happy. I Haven't touched my xbox-one since friday been to busy playing retro games again.

Thanks for all your help and everyones i downloaded the files you said to get and i am copying them over soon. thanks again for your help. appricate it.