I bricked my wkf,with swiss Please help

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
Deesaa

I bricked my wkf,with swiss Please help

Post by Deesaa » Thu May 28, 2015 9:35 am

Greetings to ALL of YOU follow modders.
i admire ALL of your work AND contribution.
Please,i need help.i brought a wiikey Fusion with fw 1.0,i soldered IT to my gc,IT worked fine,IT even autobooted in the ipl,the ISO image of swiss that is.
I then Made a mistake,i loaded swiss ISO (Pal),on a wbfs formated sd Card,did the Card swap, AND IT booted swiss,but then i flashed wkf with swiss.fzn(pal) from wkf sd card(which was formated fat32),IT flashed to 100 percent,AND then IT froze.I Powered of,then back on,but now gamecube Hangs on its Nintendo gamecube logo.the Light flashes normally,but nothing happens!it can go to the ipl ,but without na sd Card in the wkf slot,but gives error,because there is no disc,sd Card that is.Im desperate,Please help me,IT was my mistake,is IT reversible?i will make sd gecko,iz IT is needed,Just to Save my wkf!
Thanks in advance.
megalomaniac

Re: I bricked my wkf,with swiss Please help

Post by megalomaniac » Thu May 28, 2015 8:38 pm

Do you have access to a softmod wii or SDML or any other chipped GC?
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
Deesaa

Post by Deesaa » Thu May 28, 2015 9:33 pm

Thank you for responding!
I have another unmodded gc,PAL, IPL 1.0,i dont have wii,i can buy though an SDML, or make an sd gecko,if it can help me.
The worst thing is i wathced your video dozen of times,about downgrade and installing swiss autoload,and i screwed up,because my wiikey fusion worked excelent with the swap trick,and i could play games(iso and gcm format),i couldnt wait to make sd gecko,and then do it the propper way,MY MISTAKEE!!!
I CAN UPLOAD A VIDEO OF THE SETUP,IF YOUD LIKE ,IF IT WOULD HELP MORE??
Thanks Mega,it means a lot to me,just to pint me in a right direction,greetings!
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Thu May 28, 2015 11:05 pm

do you have any way at all you can load homebrew on GC?
if you can load any homebrew then you can easily restore your wasp....

the only other way to fix the issue is to use the WKF 1.2 recovery iso...the instructions are included with the iso...
you must follow the instructions precisely or else the recovery function will fail to load...
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving

Image Image Image
Duhasst0

Post by Duhasst0 » Thu May 28, 2015 11:34 pm

Deesaa I got your message. Do as mega instructs and all should be well.
Deesaa

Post by Deesaa » Fri May 29, 2015 1:18 pm

At the moment,i only have wkf,but in a day or two i will buy an SDML, and then do a recovery by iso image.I will read the instructions 20 times, hehe,then,do it.thanks guys,i thought i fried my wkf
Just one question: do i need memory card,if i want to make SD GECKO? cos i was planing to solder the MICRO SD ADAPTER directly to mem card SLOT B,and then run homebrew,either that,or buy an SDML??
thanks again,keep up the good work!!
Deesaa

Post by Deesaa » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:06 pm

megalomaniac wrote:do you have any way at all you can load homebrew on GC?
if you can load any homebrew then you can easily restore your wasp....

the only other way to fix the issue is to use the WKF 1.2 recovery iso...the instructions are included with the iso...
you must follow the instructions precisely or else the recovery function will fail to load...
Hi again,sorry to bother you,i just want to inform you that i made sd gecko adapter on slot b and it says that message that object cant be used in that slot,so im wondering,i ordered a new wiikey fusion with firmware 1.0,is there any way to retrieve (by that recovery iso 1.2),my bricked wiikey fusion by hot swaping the chip,after i load swiss??
thanks!!!
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:01 am

yes...hot swap

Image Image Image
Deesaa

Post by Deesaa » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:09 pm

OK,THANKS,ill try that then,and will report results,in case someone else is having the very same issue,thank you!!
Deesaa

Post by Deesaa » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:08 pm

megalomaniac wrote:yes...hot swap
Mega,please, could you help me make recovery sd for bricked wkf? I googled it,but dd 0.5 .exe doesnt respond to commands.
I thought i made it properly,but it doesnt work, WIIKEY FUSION HOTSWAP WORKS,i loaded swiss 0.3(from the working wkf chip), and then swapped it with the bricked one,and still could load sd gecko slot,
I tried to load regular iso recovery and update(1.2) via gecko,but it freezes (YOU WERE RIGHT,MAYBE ONLY DD METHOD WORKS), and i dont know how to do it(dd commands dont work)??
thanks
novenary

Post by novenary » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:10 pm

Don't use the recovery ISO, just flash Swiss from the SD gecko to the bricked wkf.
Deesaa

Post by Deesaa » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:15 pm

Streetwalker wrote:Don't use the recovery ISO, just flash Swiss from the SD gecko to the bricked wkf.
You mean the swiss.pal(r296).iso, or swisss.dol?? cos i will try it right now?? I tried swiss pal .fzn and swiss pal.fzn.fw, and it says that the file will be overwritten, and it freeezes,or gives me black screen with dump(numbers and letters
thanks

edit: i just unforze it,by running swiss.fzn, from sd gecko,it came up to 7 percent,it stuck there for 5 minutes, i powered it off,then on ,now it can go to the ipl,and there is swiss by emu_kidid,in the boot, i ran it,and get black screen?? any ideas now,and thank you very much!!!
Last edited by Deesaa on Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deesaa

Post by Deesaa » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:32 pm

Streetwalker wrote:Don't use the recovery ISO, just flash Swiss from the SD gecko to the bricked wkf.
Just tried the swiss.dol from sd gecko to the bricked wkf, and it told me to hold b button if there is no dvd drive, i did that, it then loaded the bar, and now says "Loaded 0 entries from the config file" and it was stuck on that, i restarted, nothing,freeze again gamecube logo.
Deesaa

Post by Deesaa » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:45 pm

I made a progress,i think,i loaded swiss.dol,on the bricked wkf,it loaded correctly,returned me to swiss screen,then i took out the sd card from gecko,copied re4 demo,put it back into sd gecko slot,and it loaded the game!!does that have anything with wkf??
but when i powered it off,then on,it is still frozen on the gc screen??thanks
novenary

Post by novenary » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:15 pm

SD gecko is independent from wkf. I'm out of knowledge regarding the wkf now so I can't help anymore. Leaving it to the experts.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:06 pm

At least you can get that far...good work..
The next step after you load swiss is to flash the WKF...then it should work like normal...

Also make sure you only flash with the files posted in the nightly build thread...

Image Image Image
Deesaa

Post by Deesaa » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:21 pm

megalomaniac wrote:At least you can get that far...good work..
The next step after you load swiss is to flash the WKF...then it should work like normal...

Also make sure you only flash with the files posted in the nightly build thread...
I FINALLY SOLVED IT WITH ALL OF YOUR GUYS HELP!!!! THANK YOUU__ MEGALOMANIAC,STREETWALKER,DERGALI,DUHASST0__!!!!
With the healthy wkf,i loaded into swisss,hot-swapped with the bad one, and after dozen of tries to flash swiss(pal).fzn, it just flashed to the 100%,and said flashing complete!!!,now it boots directly,because of the WKF1.0 AUTOBOOOT!!!
Thank you guys,you are the bestttt!!!!!
Deesaa

Post by Deesaa » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:22 pm

Streetwalker wrote:SD gecko is independent from wkf. I'm out of knowledge regarding the wkf now so I can't help anymore. Leaving it to the experts.
Thanks Streetwalker,it worked,just to flash it over and over again(took about 10-12 tries),hehehe
Deesaa

Re: I bricked my wkf,with swiss Please help (SOLVED)

Post by Deesaa » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:33 pm

SOLVED
novenary

Post by novenary » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:46 pm

Cool to see you have solved it.

Caps abuse and triple post though. >.>