Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
etherblade

Re: Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Post by etherblade » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:39 am

Game
Bloody Roar Primal Fury

Region
NTSC-U

Medium
SD Media Launcher

Swiss version

Detailed report of the issue
The BGM of the game gets nulled for some reason... the last version I tested the game with that didn't broke the audio was v650. Consecutive versions after that up to the latest carries the issue.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:51 pm

This game uses streaming audio. You currently need to use the old read patches to have streaming audio.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:39 pm

Zelda Collector NTSC doesn't work anymore from the real disc, it returns the file too fragmented error. (775-1)
Pal version works from the real disc and from ISO on SD with the same settings.
Disc's been tested working with previous SWISS version (656) (have to test to see what release broke the thing).

r775/766/756 typically output the fragmented file error.
r688/685/682 output DSI error and a dump.
I don't have releases between 682 and 656 so can't test further (remember beeing able to download them off Github but don't manage to do it anymore… :oops: )
r656 works.

Ultimate edit: Works well with the dump in latest version, while not with the disc, sticks to Nintendo Logo. So for me it's OK (anyways, I have the Pal version too, so i don't really care)

If more testing is needed, let me know before i sell the disc.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Erdrick

Post by Erdrick » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:24 am

I was doing a recent playthrough of Tales of Symphonia, and the game crashed on me in three occasions. A majority of the run was done of Swiss version r743 with SD2SP2 with a Samsung 128GB U3 SDXC micro-sd card. On all occasions, it would happen during battle. I had it occur twice only a few seconds after the start of the battle, and once in the middle. I don't recall there being any unusual variables set, and nothing that would normally tax the system (spells like cyclone or Prism Stars). I noticed consistently there was a lot of slowdown, but I was playing on forced progressive mode. Maybe this is why they removed the progressive scan feature from the NTSC release? I was able to finish the game, and I'd still say I was very satisfied on the experience. Terrific work on the Swiss project.

I recently updated to the most current version (r775-1), and noticed some considerable pausing in loading with Melee. The pausing occurs upon pressing start at the title menu, and upon leaving the results screen after each melee match. I'm running on the v1.1 of the game, if that's any factor.

I would like to know: do certain settings impact performance? Can forcing progressive scan cause slowdown? Is it safer to disable Anisotropic and dithering settings? What about SD/IDE Card speed settings?
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:45 am

That Tales of Symphonia report is unfortunately useless as of r756.

Forcing progressive scan has no impact whatsoever. You can verify this yourself by doing it on a disc copy.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:41 am

Isn't progressive scan supposed to double the workload for the GPU? Are there really no games that lag somehow when in progressive mode?

I don't know for newer versions, but on frame-synchronised games such as F-Zero and MKDD, setting to SF mode halves the games' speed.

I was wondering if there are "milestones" releases specifically interresting to keep for testing purposes, instead of testing with all, when we are facing an incompatibility, and if it is really helpful for the developpement.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:45 pm

This isn't a PlayStation 2. The rendering load is already there.

That's normal for progressive segmented frame, as it's a 30Hz format.
Jweeber

Post by Jweeber » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:31 pm

Greetings all, the latest release r785 has effected some game compatibility with the wkf/wasp device. The following games were tested with both "simulate audio streaming" enabled and disabled and neither option resulted in a successful execution. NBA Street vol. 2 (worked in r775 with alternate read enabled), Tiger Woods PGA Gold 2005 (only worked with alternate read disabled in r775), XIII (haven't messed with it until this revision).

The only game that I could successfully play was a respin of F-Zero gx (Unleashed 3.0, sweet rebuff btw) that had been run through Gamecube Rebuilder v1.1 if that is relevant? This game launched successfully with the emulated audio streaming enabled or disabled with r785 and would previously only boot with the alternate read patches disabled in r775-1.

I can test more if needed just let me know if you would like further testing.

If time is up on the wkf device, I can accept that fate as r775-1 offers all around great compatibility for it.

Thank you Swiss Team.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:43 pm

Neither the Alternate Read Patches nor Emulate Audio Streaming options did anything for the Wiikey Fusion.

Your issues are a side effect of read patches now always being applied, but the Wiikey Fusion is still stuck on the old code.
Jweeber

Post by Jweeber » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:04 pm

Thanks for clearing that up. The last revision does everything I personally need my Gamecube/wkf combo to do so thanks again for that.

I was enticed to upgrade for some XIII 480p is all. :D
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:30 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:56 pm
I recently used MKDD off the SD to see the intro videos lag, but can't say if it did in the past because I mainly use it off the original disc, and very often watch the intro anyways.
As of r785, it still lags when playing off an SD, in the intro, and sometimes in-game (2player versus championship), no such problem with the Original disc (PAL) even started from SWISS.
Extrems wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:45 pm
This isn't a PlayStation 2. The rendering load is already there.

That's normal for progressive segmented frame, as it's a 30Hz format.
One more thing the GC did better than the PS2. :mrgreen:

Zelda Collector NTSC original disc still doesn't load from SWISS as of release 785.

Extrems

Post by Extrems » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:24 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:30 pm
Zelda Collector NTSC original disc still doesn't load from SWISS as of release 785.
This is now fixed for the next.
Diego borella

Post by Diego borella » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:09 pm

The games
USA
SD2SP2

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent

They are working on version 756. You will be playing the game on disc 1, it is playable, but the DRE occurred when changing the disc. Until revision 785, the error still persists.
there is no disc swap for these games.
see that I tested it without a saved game, but that would be irrelevant, since Killer 7 exchanges the discs from disc 2 for disc 1. Something that didn't happen with Splinter Cell
SWISS USER :geek:
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:28 pm

Those games are known to self-reload, and we don't currently patch the executables on the second disc.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:12 pm

Extrems wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:24 pm
Thank you very much for all those who may need it. 8-)

I have noticed that even when the game we launch is on a disc, there is a patching session, is it really needed especially when we disable video patches, can this be skipped? Can there be a "freeloader mode" for those who just wish to run off-zone discs? (And maybe avoid incompatibilities such as those we encountered with the Zelda Collector?)

Extrems

Post by Extrems » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:05 pm

It wasn't an incompatibility, but a real bug.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:43 pm

Ok, so, every off-area disc should just work this way without problems?
Glad to know I helped pointing that out, if it wasn't before I did.

The default forced resolution now works straight without having to edit game-specific settings.
Still, the 480p mode falls back to 240p when "high-def cable" is not used.
What about a double-strike as default when high def cable is detected at bootup that would be passed onto the game at launch?
Are there still games that don't support double-strike forcing?
Maybe there are cons that I can't figure out. :oops:

Diego borella

Post by Diego borella » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:29 pm

Extrems wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:24 pm
Papy.G wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:30 pm
The Zelda collector's edition is running on the original disc in version 798.
The game
Medal of Honor European Assault continues with DRE in any Swiss configuration and overhaul.
USA iso
SWISS USER :geek:
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:07 pm

I've yet to figure out Medal of Honor: European Assault's issue. Most likely something with the virtual memory management.

I don't see any disc read error though, just a black screen.
mremulator

Post by mremulator » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:10 am

I'm getting the same issue with Soul Calibur II as reported in this thread a few years ago (smoke/intro screen/glitched graphics). I'm using the latest build (ISO), with SD2SP2 and a Sandisk Ultra SD (tried both 16MHz & 32MHz).

My game rip is 1:1 and works fine via Swiss/DVD drive. So has something to do with SD2SP2 I'd imagine?

Is there a known fix? Cheers
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:43 pm

The current workaround is disabling video patches.
Stoneman

IGR with GCLoader not working

Post by Stoneman » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:00 am

Hello. When I press the ingame Reset Hotkeys, it reboots the last started game, instead of igr.dol. I have a renamed swiss_r806.dol to igr.dol and GCLoader_FW_1.0.0 on a PAL console. The config is saved on sd-card in slot B. Should igr work? Regards Stoneman
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:41 am

igr.dol has to be on the patch device.
Stoneman

Post by Stoneman » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:08 pm

Extrems wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:41 am
igr.dol has to be on the patch device.
Thanks, but it is still not working. The GameCube is freezing when I press the InGameReset Hotkeys.
CodyGC

Post by CodyGC » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:10 pm

Def Jam - Fight for NY, Gun, X-Men Legends 1 and 2 do not start with cheats enabled.

Chaos Field - Expanded and Radirgy Generic cannot be forced into ANSI. The first ignores the option and asks to format the card. The second doesn't even start.

Ikaruga does not allow the use of IGR.

Please check this out.