Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
Lee_uk
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:31 pm

Re: Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Post by Lee_uk » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:29 am

I just noticed you said it was fixed in r884. Couldn't find it on GitHub. More than happy to wait a while for its release. Thanks for the epic job you're doing!
User avatar
Papy.G
Posts: 569
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:14 am
Location: France, Occitanie
Contact:

Re: Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Post by Papy.G » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:38 am

Papy.G wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:08 am
Also, I'll test the non-forcing video mode and auto SWISS video configuration on the Wii, to see how it behaves, and i'll report if something bugs me.
It's been a long time I haven't used SWISS on my Wii, so there it is:

Pal Wii, component cable, exploit under fire (PAL AUF is a 576lines only game, if that matters)

SWISS auto mode doesn't set to progressive scan at bootup, unless the Wii itself is set to 480p. :?

Progressive forcing isn't disabled (unless SWISS booted in an interlaced mode), so this part is OK.

Progressive scan is disabled when getting back to the Wii menu after having played a GC game forced to progressive scan. :? (actually why I avoid playing GC games through SWISS on my Wii)
DMG/MF OC, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
User avatar
MarioMania
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:40 am

Re: Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Post by MarioMania » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:33 pm

I downloaded a Bad Dump of Sonic Mega Collection (J)

It's works without trimming it in Nkit

I'm using the Lastest Build of Swiss
User avatar
Diego borella
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:37 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Post by Diego borella » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:44 pm

Gladius PAL
EUR
console_ ntsc USA
SWISS r888
the game crashes when resetting.




medal of honor frontline PAL EUR
console USA.
Swiss r888
The game reboots when reset.
User avatar
Extrems
Posts: 1043
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:40 pm
Location: Québec, Canada
Contact:

Re: Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Post by Extrems » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:50 pm

MarioMania wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:33 pm
I downloaded a Bad Dump of Sonic Mega Collection (J)

It's works without trimming it in Nkit

I'm using the Lastest Build of Swiss
Then don't download bad dumps. A good NKit dump works fine.
Diego borella wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:44 pm
medal of honor frontline PAL EUR
console USA.
Swiss r888
The game reboots when reset.
Assuming you mean the console, this is what the game is programmed to do.
TorqueEmPup
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:25 am

Re: Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Post by TorqueEmPup » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:25 am

Can't play more than a few races in F-Zero GX without the game freezing, then restarting.
Sometimes crashing the entire system to a black screen. On v0.5r906

Can't find any rime or reason for it, can play one race, and have it crash on the next. Or Complete an Entire Cup then finish the first race on the next cup, and have it do a crash restart on the following race.

Using a SD Memory Card adapter plugged into Slot B, have tried two different SD cards.

.iso is crc verified against REDUMP.
.iso, and .nikit.iso version of the game don't make any difference. If anything the nkit iso causes the crash to happen faster.

Even tried v0.5r876 which was the confirmed working release on GC-Forever's compatibility list for F-Zero GX, and still get the same crashes.
cuboidsquared
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:05 pm

Re: Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Post by cuboidsquared » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:40 pm

TorqueEmPup wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:25 am
Can't play more than a few races in F-Zero GX without the game freezing, then restarting.
Sometimes crashing the entire system to a black screen. On v0.5r906

Can't find any rime or reason for it, can play one race, and have it crash on the next. Or Complete an Entire Cup then finish the first race on the next cup, and have it do a crash restart on the following race.

Using a SD Memory Card adapter plugged into Slot B, have tried two different SD cards.

.iso is crc verified against REDUMP.
.iso, and .nikit.iso version of the game don't make any difference. If anything the nkit iso causes the crash to happen faster.

Even tried v0.5r876 which was the confirmed working release on GC-Forever's compatibility list for F-Zero GX, and still get the same crashes.
Which region? I'm using a USA on me and it seems fine, I've even loaded fzero gx unleashed romhack with no fault
User avatar
Papy.G
Posts: 569
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:14 am
Location: France, Occitanie
Contact:

Re: Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Post by Papy.G » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:48 pm

F-Zero has been shown to be quite sensitive to Video Patches in the past, So I stuck to the US version, with no other video patches then 720Px, setting both progressive mode and 16/9 from the game itself. I haven't played this game recently (not since v5).
DMG/MF OC, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
TorqueEmPup
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:25 am

Re: Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Post by TorqueEmPup » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:53 pm

Also while I am at it, also would like to mention something about Mario Golf Toadstool Tour.
While it plays pretty much perfectly, there is issues with Yoshi's character model, like the front part of his body/model isn't lining up properly with the rest.

Here are some crappy pictures of what I mean.

https://imgur.com/a/XNZ0pHx

Also on another side note, it's very subtle, and I haven't tested it since v0.5r876, but Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door when walking around you'll noticed a stutter in his movement.
Luckily I own this game and played it straight from the disc without booting from Swiss and plays just as it should without the stutter that's present with Swiss.
cuboidsquared wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:40 pm
TorqueEmPup wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:25 am
Can't play more than a few races in F-Zero GX without the game freezing, then restarting.
Sometimes crashing the entire system to a black screen. On v0.5r906

Can't find any rime or reason for it, can play one race, and have it crash on the next. Or Complete an Entire Cup then finish the first race on the next cup, and have it do a crash restart on the following race.

Using a SD Memory Card adapter plugged into Slot B, have tried two different SD cards.

.iso is crc verified against REDUMP.
.iso, and .nikit.iso version of the game don't make any difference. If anything the nkit iso causes the crash to happen faster.

Even tried v0.5r876 which was the confirmed working release on GC-Forever's compatibility list for F-Zero GX, and still get the same crashes.
Which region? I'm using a USA on me and it seems fine, I've even loaded fzero gx unleashed romhack with no fault
USA Version.

Also should mention I am running the game in Progressive Scan Mode, I'll trying playing in Interlaced and see if that also results in the same crashes. I'll also try booting the game from a burnt dvd through Swiss as well. On my modchipped Wii everything ofc runs like an original game, and I get no crashes with said game.

I am not forcing any video modes, just leaving the defaults in Swiss and turning on 480p through the in-game Progressive Scan prompt.

EDIT:
Booting from the burnt disc didn't help (didn't think it would since it still runs through Swiss).
Interlaced mode made no difference.
I even disabled video patches in the Swiss settings for the game since Papy was saying the game seems to be sensitive to video patches, but still get the same crashes.

So at least for me, on my Gamecube, F-Zero GX is unplayable until someone else says they also have the same problem or knows a way to stop the crashes, or it gets patched.
Guess I'll have to use my Wii to play this game until then.
Last edited by TorqueEmPup on Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Extrems
Posts: 1043
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:40 pm
Location: Québec, Canada
Contact:

Re: Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Post by Extrems » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:01 pm

TorqueEmPup wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:53 pm
Also while I am at it, also would like to mention something about Mario Golf Toadstool Tour.
While it plays pretty much perfectly, there is issues with Yoshi's character model, like the front part of his body/model isn't lining up properly with the rest.

Here are some crappy pictures of what I mean.

https://imgur.com/a/XNZ0pHx
This is an issue with the game itself.
TorqueEmPup
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:25 am

Re: Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Post by TorqueEmPup » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:51 pm

Extrems wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:01 pm
TorqueEmPup wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:53 pm
Also while I am at it, also would like to mention something about Mario Golf Toadstool Tour.
While it plays pretty much perfectly, there is issues with Yoshi's character model, like the front part of his body/model isn't lining up properly with the rest.

Here are some crappy pictures of what I mean.

https://imgur.com/a/XNZ0pHx
This is an issue with the game itself.
Ok, like I was wondering that myself, but seemed like all the videos I was finding of the game didn't show anything wrong with the model.

EDIT:

Well I am starting to think that F-Zero GX just doesn't like my Gamecube.
I even tried GCOS and booted that game through that, and it still has the weird crash/resets. (Though I booted GCOS through Swiss, I don't know if that matters at all)

I seriously don't get it.This is the only Gamecube game that I've had any serious issues with. I would think it was a bad dump, but it's verified against REDUMP, unless REDUMP is referencing a bad dump.

EDIT 2:
Downloaded the PAL Version, forcing it to progressive scan, and running in 60hz mode and haven't had any issues. No crashes to speak of. Played through 2 Grand Prix cups, and a Story Mode Mission, and been sitting at the menu for the last 10-15minutes, and no crash/resets.
ButThouMust
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:56 pm

Re: Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Post by ButThouMust » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:24 am

Hello, I'm new to the forums here. With GC prices being so expensive, Swiss has saved me money by running Japanese import discs without modding my system. Thank you for this! I have an issue related to soft resets for which I can't seem to find any information either on these forums or on r/GameCube.

Game
Donkey Konga 1 and 2, Wario World, Wave Race Blue Storm
Region
NTSC-J
Medium
Original disc in unmodded NTSC-U DOL-001
Swiss version
r912 (4715a64)

Detailed report of the issue
If I boot a JP disc with Swiss (text encoding set to Auto), it sets the system region to NTSC-J as expected. Performing a soft reset apparently reverts the system region back to NTSC-U for most of my imports. Generally speaking, games will always recognize my 1019 card with JP save data on the initial boot, but not at all after a soft reset. Each game behaves differently:

Wave Race Blue Storm: Error message in Japanese, "This memory card needs to be initialized. Do you want to initialize it?"
Donkey Konga 2: Error message in Japanese, "The number of files in the memory card in slot A exceeds the limit. If you start as it is, you will not be able to save. You need at least one file and 5 blocks of free space to save this game. To organize the contents of the memory card, use the memory card screen of the main unit." My card has five files that take up 33 blocks total.
Donkey Konga: Gibberish error message. The size of the paragraph is similar to the one in Konga 2.
Wario World: Gibberish error message. It appears to give a yes/no prompt before selecting a file, which I think is a prompt for formatting the memory card.
I also have one import (Donkey Kong Jungle Beat) where, after a soft reset, the system does retain NTSC-J and loads my save data.

Here are the disc codes, if they help:
DOL-GYBJ-0-00 JPN (DK Jungle Beat)
DOL-GKGJ-0-00 JPN (Donkey Konga)
DOL-GY2J-0-00 JPN (Donkey Konga 2)
DOL-GWWJ-0-00 JPN (Wario World)
DOL-GWRJ-0-00 JPN (Wave Race Blue Storm)

TL;DR If I load an NTSC-J disc on my NTSC-U system via Swiss and soft reset, the system region may either revert to NTSC-U or stay as NTSC-J, depending on the game. If users aren't careful with menus, they risk formatting their memory cards.
User avatar
Extrems
Posts: 1043
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:40 pm
Location: Québec, Canada
Contact:

Re: Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Post by Extrems » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:47 am

You need an SD card adapter for that to not happen.
User avatar
Diego borella
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:37 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Post by Diego borella » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:13 pm

Swiss V0.5 r912,
some information that may be useful:
Gladius EUR
The game still freezes when restarting, however, the most interesting thing is that even frozen, it runs IGR.dol. hence the strangest thing, the buzz, which remains from the accident, is played in the Swiss after the IGR.


Zelda Collector's Edition (ocarina_majoras) USA
The original disk crashes at startup of Bios do Cubo 001. This causes other games to crash on the original disk as well.
101 runs for free.


Zelda Master quest, still continues with the same hum of the menu. when resetting the console, the tinnitus, it seems to intensify.


On metroid prime 2, EUR echoes
the game runs smoothly, but if I restart, the game returns to the menu that comes with drizzle on the sound. this only after the reset.


And yet, Prince of Persia 2_WW. EUR
in any revision after 970, the game crashes when you return to the home screen, via the game menu during the game. when selecting: EXIT. the game gives a hiccup.
This does not happen on the 970.

Metroid Prime 1 does not run in Nkit.iso format. even though disabling video patches.
User avatar
Extrems
Posts: 1043
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:40 pm
Location: Québec, Canada
Contact:

Re: Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Post by Extrems » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:09 pm

As usual, you're not making any sense.
Diego borella wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:13 pm
Gladius EUR
The game still freezes when restarting, however, the most interesting thing is that even frozen, it runs IGR.dol. hence the strangest thing, the buzz, which remains from the accident, is played in the Swiss after the IGR.
I choose not to address this issue due to its annoying nature. IGR is expected to trigger when crashing.
Diego borella wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:13 pm
Zelda Collector's Edition (ocarina_majoras) USA
The original disk crashes at startup of Bios do Cubo 001. This causes other games to crash on the original disk as well.
101 runs for free.
Works for me.
Diego borella wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:13 pm
Metroid Prime 1 does not run in Nkit.iso format. even though disabling video patches.
Works for me.
User avatar
Diego borella
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:37 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Post by Diego borella » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:33 pm

Extrems wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:09 pm
Works for me.
I'm wrong in English ...
the game will run, but the sound will always fail at some point ...
Metroid Prime
Riten444
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:13 pm

Re: Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Post by Riten444 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:24 pm

Game
Shrek 2
Region
NTSC-U
Medium
SD2SP2
Swiss version
r912

Detailed report of the issue
Each time I boot the game the first screen pops and then turns gray, same with PAL version, this is a new issue I found compared with the former version I was using which was r766. In this one the game actually booted but when the introductory scene appeared, it troubleshooted in there.
User avatar
Extrems
Posts: 1043
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:40 pm
Location: Québec, Canada
Contact:

Re: Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Post by Extrems » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:10 am

It worked in r906. It should now be fixed for the next release.
Riten444
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:13 pm

Re: Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Post by Riten444 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:26 pm

Game:
Starfox Adventures
Region:
NTSC-U
Medium:
SD2SP2
Swiss version:
r927

Detailed report of the issue:
The game boots normally, but there's an issue with subtitles displaying way later than the actual scene, there are also minor bugs as the arwing not recognizing the blaster box.
User avatar
wano_ryuuma
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:35 pm

Re: Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Post by wano_ryuuma » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:44 pm

Riten444 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:26 pm
Game:
Starfox Adventures
Region:
NTSC-U
Medium:
SD2SP2
Swiss version:
r927

Detailed report of the issue:
The game boots normally, but there's an issue with subtitles displaying way later than the actual scene, there are also minor bugs as the arwing not recognizing the blaster box.
I'm having the same problem using r888.

Usin r785 I could Enable the option "Emulate Audio Streaming" on the custom game and current game options menu, and that solved the problem. But in latter revisions that option no longer exists.
User avatar
Papy.G
Posts: 569
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:14 am
Location: France, Occitanie
Contact:

Re: Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Post by Papy.G » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:14 pm

It seems that Extrems is currently working on audio Streaming emulation, so you'll have to wait for the next release if it adresses your issue.

Still, if you want support, you have to validate your issue is still present in the last release, what you didn't do. :P
DMG/MF OC, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
User avatar
wano_ryuuma
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:35 pm

Re: Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Post by wano_ryuuma » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:18 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:14 pm
It seems that Extrems is currently working on audio Streaming emulation, so you'll have to wait for the next release if it adresses your issue.

Still, if you want support, you have to validate your issue is still present in the last release, what you didn't do. :P
Cool!

But how can I adress a Issue?

And one more question: do you know how the audio streaming emulation works on the latest releases?
User avatar
Papy.G
Posts: 569
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:14 am
Location: France, Occitanie
Contact:

Re: Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Post by Papy.G » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:13 pm

You probably can't adress it, if someone else is experiencing the same, you just have to wait for the next release and try it to see if it does better.

You can get to SWISS's GitHub, and download the latest release, while it may not adress it yet, as most of the changes from previous version were done to add Virtual Memory Card support.

I don't know how audio streaming emulation works as I have never been bothered by that with the few games I play, but I can see there is a commit concerning that function.
I suspect we may move forward to an "automatic" setting so nobody will have to worry about that and mess with. ;)
DMG/MF OC, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
User avatar
wano_ryuuma
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:35 pm

Re: Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Post by wano_ryuuma » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:37 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:13 pm
You probably can't adress it, if someone else is experiencing the same, you just have to wait for the next release and try it to see if it does better.

You can get to SWISS's GitHub, and download the latest release, while it may not adress it yet, as most of the changes from previous version were done to add Virtual Memory Card support.

I don't know how audio streaming emulation works as I have never been bothered by that with the few games I play, but I can see there is a commit concerning that function.
I suspect we may move forward to an "automatic" setting so nobody will have to worry about that and mess with. ;)
Ths for the reply!

This subject grabbed my attention because It was solvable on older revisions, but when this resource got "automatic", the problem came back.

I have a plan since I have two burned copies: when playing Star Fox I will just use the older release.
User avatar
Extrems
Posts: 1043
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:40 pm
Location: Québec, Canada
Contact:

Re: Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Post by Extrems » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:04 pm

It should be slightly better in r963.
Post Reply