Where can I find a guide on using Swiss?

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
AmyGrrl

Where can I find a guide on using Swiss?

Post by AmyGrrl » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:51 am

I finally managed to get Swiss r377 flashed to my Qoob Pro. I wanted know if someone can point me to a guide on how all the difference features work. Like what can I do with the BBA and how to set it up. Explain all the different ways I can boot a game and what the limitations are of that option. I'm planning to make my own SD Card Adapter and wanted to know what the max SD Card size is for the current version. Like can I use my 256GB SDXC Card in it. I also want to know about other things I can do that are interesting but may not know about it.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Where can I find a guide on using Swiss?

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:19 am

You can find some information here although it may be somewhat outdated.

Regarding the different ways to boot games, pretty much if you can browse a device you can boot a game on it (with the exception of some storage devices which are too small such as Qoob Flash & Memory cards as well as over Samba via BBA). Here's a page listing the various ways and their shortcomings: link

Click on devices individually on the wiki to see their storage capacity, for example the SDGecko page will tell you that up to 128GB SDXC has been tested so far in Swiss but up to 2TB should be possible.

Failing that, just ask what you'd like to do and someone will answer if it's currently possible or how to do it.
AmyGrrl

Post by AmyGrrl » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:01 pm

emu_kidid wrote:You can find some information here although it may be somewhat outdated.

Regarding the different ways to boot games, pretty much if you can browse a device you can boot a game on it (with the exception of some storage devices which are too small such as Qoob Flash & Memory cards as well as over Samba via BBA). Here's a page listing the various ways and their shortcomings: link

Click on devices individually on the wiki to see their storage capacity, for example the SDGecko page will tell you that up to 128GB SDXC has been tested so far in Swiss but up to 2TB should be possible.

Failing that, just ask what you'd like to do and someone will answer if it's currently possible or how to do it.
I guess I was mostly wanting to know. Does Swiss rememeber its settings? Will it remember it for each game so I don't have to set it every time? How do I configure Swiss to use the BBA?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:48 pm

AmyGrrl wrote: I guess I was mostly wanting to know. Does Swiss rememeber its settings? Will it remember it for each game so I don't have to set it every time? How do I configure Swiss to use the BBA?
Yes it does if you're booting games from a writeable device such as SD card plugged into memory card slot. You'll get a DHCP assigned IP on your BBA which will be displayed on the info screen, navigating to that in your browser will allow you to dump discs that way (although CleanRip is much faster). If you want to use Samba support then you'll need to put the settings in the swiss.ini created on your SD card.