Wind Waker won't start

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
ddribin

Wind Waker won't start

Post by ddribin » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:57 am

Hi all,

I'm new to all of this, and I'm having trouble getting Wind Waker to start. Here's my setup:

1. Swiss v0.4r382
2. Action Replay disc
3. SD card adapter I got from eBay (not SD Media Launcher)
4. SanDisk 2GB card, Type SD, Class 2, formatted FAT32

I *am* able to run GBI and also a Paper Mario ISO. But when I I try and run a Wind Waker ISO, Swiss says it loads 100%, but then it just goes to a black screen.

I'm guessing the SD card is incompatible, though I don't know why Paper Mario would work. I tried older Swiss versions all the way back to 0.3-r174, to no avail. I also tried an SD card I have laying around, a SanDisk Ultra 32GB card, Type SDHC, Class 10, formatted FAT32. Action Replay won't even see this SD card.

Does this sound like an SD card compatibility issue? If so, can anyone recommend a card that's readily available? I've checked this list, and it's kinda tricky to find anything. The SanDisk Ultra 16GB, Type SDHC, Class 10 seems most readily available, but I'm skeptical given the problem I had with the Ultra 32GB.

http://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.ph ... ility_List

Also, does Action Replay have any limitations in regard to the SD cards it can read? I remember reading somewhere that it could only read cards 4GB or less, but I can't find any definitive answer on that. However, that would rule out the SanDisk Ultra 16GB.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks much!

-Dave
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Wind Waker won't start

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:20 am

There are recent issues with non SDHC cards in Swiss (2GB or less), I need to look at fixing those if they're broken. You could try the 2GB in AR to load Swiss then swap to the 32GB in Swiss and see how you go.
ddribin

Post by ddribin » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:03 am

Ah! Yeah, swapping out the card to the 32GB does work. Thanks! Do you know if there are any SDHC cards that'll work with AR? Or do I need to stick with the swapping, for now?

And if there's anything I can do to help debug this, please lemme know.
novenary

Post by novenary » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:30 am

The AR codeset would need to be modified for that.
ddribin

Post by ddribin » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:26 am

Yup, I see that now. AR requires standard SD cards, which are 2GB or less. I was going to file a bug about Wind Waker not running, but I'm guessing it's a dupe of this one:

https://github.com/emukidid/swiss-gc/issues/152

Though I swear I tried older versions of Swiss and they didn't work either. In any case, if there's anything I can do to help debug, just lemme know. Thanks for the help.

-Dave