Swiss 0.1

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
exodus123456

Re: Swiss 0.1

Post by exodus123456 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:06 am

hello! i can´t seem to find the answer to this:

i'm using an old revision of swiss, r17 i guess, and i wanted to try the new r33, do i need to burn another dvd to boot swiss? because if i launch r33 using swiss r17 does not work, it boots but it doesn't recognize mi SD, and if i use "sd loader" to launch r33, i get the same result.

Any ideas?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:27 am

If r33 boots but doesn't recognize your SD card, try to re-insert the SD card (or entire SDGecko) after having booted the first DOL.
exodus123456

Post by exodus123456 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:44 am

that worked, thanks!

I'll test some games with the "stop motor" function.

keep up the good work!

PD: I've seen a couple of compatibility lists, is this one
the official? I updated some info on it.
SrTommy

Post by SrTommy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:11 am

exodus123456 wrote:PD: I've seen a couple of compatibility lists, is this one
the official? I updated some info on it.
Yes, this one is the official :)
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:22 am

we really need a better list, that one just keeps getting spammed and killed :(
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:41 am

emu_kidid wrote:we really need a better list, that one just keeps getting spammed and killed :(
i'll talk to ct later ;)
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm
exodus123456

Post by exodus123456 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:17 pm

emu_kidid wrote:we really need a better list, that one just keeps getting spammed and killed :(
that's right, now that the project is well known and growing fast, we need a better list
ct_the_1

Post by ct_the_1 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:57 pm

exodus123456 wrote:[...]we need a better list
Stay patient, it is in the works... :mrgreen:
ct_the_1 (currently very busy and rarely online)

naughtynazgul

Post by naughtynazgul » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:18 pm

No games work on Wii for me.

I just get the Motor Off error.

I wonder if it has something to do with the Wii being a newer one with the picky disc drive.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:08 am

Don't stop the disc from spinning, also are you happening to use any of the following: Crazy Taxi, Eternal Darkness, Wave Race, Ikaruga, etc?
ignore

Post by ignore » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:32 am

Crazy Taxi is working for me, but without music, for some reason.
exodus123456

Post by exodus123456 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:22 pm

today i tried to boot metroid prime, according to the compatibility list it works, but it didn´t, i guees i have to use pre-patcher, but i couldn't do it, because every time i tried to run it it gave me an error and closed:

pre-patcher has stopped running blah, blah...

using W7 ultimate, tried to change compatibility to work under xp with the same result.
CYatta

Post by CYatta » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:00 pm

exodus123456 wrote:today i tried to boot metroid prime, according to the compatibility list it works, but it didn´t, i guees i have to use pre-patcher, but i couldn't do it, because every time i tried to run it it gave me an error and closed:

using W7 ultimate, tried to change compatibility to work under xp with the same result.
Just loaded up Prime, and it works fine NOT pre-patched on r33 (even though there's another executable in it, which I assume is for the GBA connection thing) on my IDE-EXI. What's your setup? And are you sure the disc image is good?
Burbruee

Post by Burbruee » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:33 pm

exodus123456 wrote:today i tried to boot metroid prime, according to the compatibility list it works, but it didn´t, i guees i have to use pre-patcher, but i couldn't do it, because every time i tried to run it it gave me an error and closed:

Hey, you should try to delete it and add the game to your HDD again. I had a similar issue.
I got an error "blah blah game probably won't work, use prepatcher" on both Metroid Prime games. Like you, I tried the pre-patcher, even though there was no mention on the comp-list. Like you, I got an error that it had stopped working..

I deleted the gcm from the drive, and re-added it again. This time however, I did not shrink it with gcmutil 0.5. And then it worked. (no prepatch, as the game doesn't require it)
I'm not sure if it's related to shrinking the image or not, or if there was just an issue transferring the game to the hdd. I have not had any issues shrinking any of the other ~40 games on my hdd, all other games have been perfect.
kevstah2004

Post by kevstah2004 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:39 pm

^ You tried with all the over shrinkers I listed?
http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewto ... 4323#p4323
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:09 pm

Yeah, there's a few games that report they need the pre-patcher but don't - needs to be fixed.
naughtynazgul

Post by naughtynazgul » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:35 am

emu_kidid wrote:Don't stop the disc from spinning, also are you happening to use any of the following: Crazy Taxi, Eternal Darkness, Wave Race, Ikaruga, etc?
Using r33 on the Wii doesn't give me an option to control the motor.

At least, not that I can find.

The game i'm trying to boot is Star wars Rebel Strike.

Using the Wiikey SD adapter. Able to launch Swiss, but no games after that.
NeoCortex

Post by NeoCortex » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:20 pm

Did someone (beside me) have had the problem that swiss wont take a disc that works totaly fine with GCos?
To be honest, none of my games work as disc, only when i load them as *.iso from sd-card.
panmusic

Post by panmusic » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:31 pm

Hello from panmusic.This is my first post and I came to these boards as I am a big fan of Emukidid's work!
I used a Wii and I intend to write my results after trying over a dozen of games.
First of all,it is needed to enter SD-Gecko AFTER you boot Swiss.That means that every time you load a different game,you must re-enter the device.I find this a big annoyance to say the least.(Please,consider to fix this...)
As for the games,every game I tried was an original PAL ISO trimmed in .gcm format with GCMUtility 0.5.It seems that the majority of them is running almost perfectly (with some minor sound glitches)
The particular problematic games -at least for me- are

-Paper Mario TTYD. Colors are incorrect with a blue tone.Tried both 50hz-60hz with the same results.(The strange thing is that when I chose the motor off,everything run fine.)

-Super Mario Sunshine.This is a strange one.In 50hz runs with incorrect colors and with massive slowdown.In 60hz these problems are fixed but there is no sound.Weird...(Again,this works with motor off just like Paper mario.)

-Geist. Tried unpatched and prepatched,motor on and off but it does not work.Freezes before title screen.

-Beyond Good and Evil. Does not load at all.Green screen.

-Chibi Robo. Green screen again.Works with motor off.

-Sonic Heroes. Run perfectly a common stage but it froze in the bonus stage afterwards.

-Luigi's Mansion. Freezes when you enter the mansion at the loading screen.It does not seem to run past the loading screen whatever method I tried.

-Prince of Persia games.They do not even boot.

-Eternal Darkness.This is weird.The very first time I boot it worked perfectly.After that,it does not start at all.

-Ikaruga-Does not boot at all.

But everything else seems to run fine.Has anyone managed somehow to run these "problematic" games?

I have some questions.
1)Is it possible to get rid of disc spinning completely?
2)Are you considering a nicer GUI (just like USB loaders) with covers?
3)It would be very nice to implement a method where you save particular settings for each game (video mode,cheats on or off,motor on or off) as different isos use different settings and is very difficult to remember them for each game individually.
4)Please,consider find a solution about the SD-Gecko detection...

Thanks for your excellent work Emukidid,for everything you have accomplished thus far and forgive me for my bad english...
kevstah2004

Post by kevstah2004 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:42 pm

I had a problem with mplayer when I reset my GC I couldn't get sd-load or swiss to run again instant black screen, so I turned off my GC and pulled out the sdgecko and removed the sdcard left it for 15 mins and tried again, it work again after that, I guess the sdcard / sdgecko can overheat or the residual current needs to be drained away if it black screens.
Hells Guardian

Post by Hells Guardian » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:09 pm

that's strange.
BigRobotBil

Post by BigRobotBil » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:18 am

Myself From a Different Topic wrote:Swiss (r33) has problems checking everything before a game would boot up. I have all of them on my hard drive, and all were shrunk using GCMUtility. If I do try and boot a game, I get an error screen. I've tried patching games using that pre-patcher utitlty, but that didn't help. Also, I frequently get the error of "Invaild DOL" whenever I try a boot a DOL file off of my hard drive (ex: MPlayer for IDE-EXI) or "DOL is too big" for the same version of Swiss.

What am I doing wrong?... (I don't know if this is a Swiss issue or a hard drive issue, since I've tried different versions of Swiss and got the same results)
I'm guessing I should just wait until the next version of Swiss?
ct_the_1

Post by ct_the_1 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:00 pm

BigRobotBil wrote:I'm guessing I should just wait until the next version of Swiss?
You may try to boot games from sd card to see if it is a hard drive issue.
ct_the_1 (currently very busy and rarely online)

kevstah2004

Post by kevstah2004 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:21 pm

Or not shrink your games with the dated GCMUtility
BigRobotBil

Post by BigRobotBil » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:14 pm

ct_the_1 wrote:You may try to boot games from sd card to see if it is a hard drive issue.
Seems like it's hard drive side, as a tried out Wind Waker (shrunk with GCMUtility) and it booted up just fine from my SD card. Both of my hard drives can be read off of, but nothing can be booted from them without errors all over the place. Viewing the info on any of the GCMs gives me garbled data (or just blanks), and when booting a game, Swiss will usually go to a code dump right after executing everything.

These are the two hard drives I'm using:

Brand: Quantum Fireball
Capacity: 40GB
Speed: 4500rpm
Type: 3.5" IDE HDD

Brand: Western Digital
Capacity: 80GB
Speed: 7200rpm
Type: 3.5" IDE HDD

Both are formatted FAT32. Are they really just too old for the IDE->EXI dongle?...