Swiss 0.1

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Swiss 0.1

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:09 am

New in svn revision 62:
- New high level patch (Fixes Super Mario Sunshine and a few other games)
- Basic Wode support added
- Pre-Patcher integrated into Swiss
- Consolidated SD patches to one per slot (SD & SDHC in one)
- Use RequestError (0xE0) instead of Seek to sector 0 for Low Patch
- Stop DVD motor after drive init for Qoob users
- MP3 Playback (no point really)

No Pre-Patcher required on PC anymore

Download

Anything pre-patched previously will need to be deleted, or you can keep using it in the older version of Swiss you desire. The latest version will Pre-Patch IN Swiss.

You might notice some new settings under the "Settings" screen.. these are for the new High Level read patching which fixes certain games but may break others.

For instance, the following will make Super Mario Sunshine work with Audio, but breaks all other games I've tried so far:
Patch Mode: High Level
Disable Interrupts: No

The following should work on most games (& fixes Super Monkey Ball + others) and might be faster than the patches you've all been using in the past (but it does break SSBM & Metroid Prime amongst others):
Patch Mode: High Level
Disable Interrupts: Yes

The default is what was used in Swiss in the past:
Patch Mode: Low Level
Patch Location: Low Mem

If a game is pre-patched in Swiss, the settings used to pre-patch will be loaded up next time as they are saved in the .iso file. Any questions, let me know.
wii_HD

Post by wii_HD » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:18 am

Thank you for the ongoing support emu_kidid
Playing - Super Mario Sunshine - DariusBurst CS - Hotline Miami 2 - Rpi2 Lakka - X360 BurnOut Paradise City
ultrasn0w

Post by ultrasn0w » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:33 am

-Pre-Patcher integrated into Swiss
Awesome:D
Reaally good job emu_kidid!
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:06 pm

It might be a good idea if whoever updates the Compatibility list adds a few extra columns perhaps for the different patch modes which make a certain game work, or, when adding a game, put it in the notes.
panmusic

Post by panmusic » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:11 pm

Excellent work emu_kidid!And it is a wonderfull present for my birthday!
I have not tested a lot of games yet to report but as far I noticed that Luigi's Mansion PAL (I dumped my original iso and I checked that the iso is not fragmented) is stuck when you select a file to load.I tried every combination with the new patches method with the same results.Any ideas?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:16 pm

Luigis Mansion has mixed results, if you let it play the cut scene it will sometimes work (use the Low Patch + Low Location). It's on my games to investigate list along with PSO ep3, Pokemon XD and XIII.
yamaharacer

Post by yamaharacer » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:20 pm

emu_kidid wrote:New in svn revision 62:
- Basic Wode support added

wow sounds great will test it later.
SrTommy

Post by SrTommy » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:41 pm

Thanks for the update Emu_Kidid :). It's interesting the integrated pre-patcher..... but I have a question. If the pre-patcher modifies the ISO it can fragment the HDD, isn't it? And it's recommended to make a backup before pre-patch the game, isn't it?

It would be interesting that in the future Swiss will recognize a game by its CRC and apply the optimal configuration (something like the hacks in PCSX2)

In these days I'm start testing the Swiss with mi IDE-EXI adapter :). In the future days I'll will modify my gamecube with the Viper Case that Liquitt bought for me and I'll install the Viper Extreme that I bought from MrSporty.

I only have 2 questions about the "Stop DVD Motor?" feature:

1) I know that there is a difference in compatibility if I don't stop the DVD motor. But if I don't stop the motor the lens still working? Or only the motor keeps the disc spinning?

2) If I don't stop the DVD motor, there is a difference about the DVD I put in the tray? It's the same if a left inside the tray the SD-Load DVD or I put an original game?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:21 pm

The pre-patcher in Swiss shouldn't fragment files as it writes back to the original position in the file.

1. If you don't stop DVD motor, the laser is active but it is not reading anything (idle) - next step is to try and remedy this.
2. Best to put an original game in just-in-case the game isn't 100% patched and it tries to do a DVD Seek to a position past the end of the readable area on the disc (dvd-r/etc).
SrTommy

Post by SrTommy » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:40 pm

emu_kidid wrote:The pre-patcher in Swiss shouldn't fragment files as it writes back to the original position in the file.

1. If you don't stop DVD motor, the laser is active but it is not reading anything (idle) - next step is to try and remedy this.
2. Best to put an original game in just-in-case the game isn't 100% patched and it tries to do a DVD Seek to a position past the end of the readable area on the disc (dvd-r/etc).
Thanks emu_kidid!! I'll promise that I'll test about 100 games and I'll put my results to the compatibility list :)
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:43 am

much appreciated - make sure you have a good SD card to begin with so there aren't any unrelated issues popping up :D
SrTommy

Post by SrTommy » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:00 am

emu_kidid wrote:much appreciated - make sure you have a good SD card to begin with so there aren't any unrelated issues popping up :D
Don't worry, I have an IDE-EXI adapter that you made in the first batch :). I only use the SD-Gecko to boot swiss...... until it can be booted by the Viper Extreme Chip :P
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:44 am

Let me know how ide-exi goes, I haven't tested it recently (stupid IDE to usb is broken for my PC)
kevstah2004

Post by kevstah2004 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:03 pm

Something new to try :-)
Have you seen this http://psx-scene.com/forums/f19/new-mod ... 7-a-94231/ useful in anyway?, maybe you could talk with SP193.
PS2ESDL has firewire support now too.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:08 pm

not useful but I have been following it (without having time to try it out)
kevstah2004

Post by kevstah2004 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:16 pm

Time constraints the bugbear of us all, EmulateMii update not likely till next year then?
panmusic

Post by panmusic » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:48 am

Well,something really weird is happening to me with the latest revision.I am using Cleanrip to dump my original games and after that I shrink them with GCMUtility0.5.The problem is that ALL these .gcm files I try to load from SD card appear fragmented.I tried to re-dump them but again the same results.I even tried to use the full iso file but Swiss keeps recognizing them as fragmented.This drives me crazy!
I cannot check new games and the weird thing is that Swiss regognizes as valid files all the games I had previously tested before starting using the latest rev.
Emu_kidid am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:59 am

might just be that they're all fragmented, does windows tell you otherwise?
panmusic

Post by panmusic » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:27 am

Hmmm,perhaps you are right.I just started disc defragment.As soon as I finish,I will report back.:-)
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:00 pm

faster/easier to remove all the files from the SD card and place them back after formatting it clean.
roubagalinhas

Post by roubagalinhas » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:58 pm

yes, you cant add one game at a time, they'll get fragmented
format the card and copy the games and swiss.dol all at once

super mario sunshine is working fine now, but i still have to test other games that suffered from the same issue

luigi's mansion is still a no go for me (both pal and ntsc)
and has anyone really tested zelda collector's edition? i get a black screen after selecting any game or demo

and great job, emu_kidid
i've been using the program for the last months and it just keeps getting better :mrgreen:
infact

Post by infact » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:23 pm

Luigis Mansion PAL is working fine here. Maybe your dump is bad?

Zelda Collector's Edition needs to be pre-patched due to the embedded gcms/tgcs. The latest swiss revision will do this on launch.
It will overwrite portions of the iso, so be sure to have a backup.
I started the original zelda and majoras mask of this disc fine just now and it works even with stopped motor.
infact
Image Image
roubagalinhas

Post by roubagalinhas » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:50 am

my dump is fine, it was made from my retail disk and i checked the CRC

most of the times i use gcm scrubbed images, but when i have issues i also test the untouched ISO (done that, still no good)
yamaharacer

Post by yamaharacer » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:50 pm

does anybody know how to use swiss with the wode without getting up and load a swiss iso by hand? maybe there is some method to autoload a swiss boot disc.

just tried to use the autoload function of the wode but dont know how.
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:22 pm

yamaharacer wrote:does anybody know how to use swiss with the wode without getting up and load a swiss iso by hand? maybe there is some method to autoload a swiss boot disc.

just tried to use the autoload function of the wode but dont know how.
did you try setting it to "last" ? so if you booted the swiss iso once, it will always load it in the future....the problem is, once you mount another iso you have to do it again :/
i personally never heard of the option to choose an autoload iso, but that doesnt mean that its not possible....
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm